Jump to content

Then they came for the Morris dancer's


Icke-Kia
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Incontinentia_Buttux said:

Of course they are, no place for ancient pagan festivities in the New World Order where everyone is mindless automatons!

 

It's a satanic cult 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

🤣

  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

What's the deal? I once read that it originated with Moorish people. Seems diverse enough for Britain in 2021.

 

No i don't believe so; i think that is just a modern persons best guess at what is going on because they are perceiving it through the eyes of a post enlightenment mind

 

If they were depicting moors then the dance would only be about a 1000 years old which would take us back to the times of the crusades when christian consciousness was becoming super aware of moorish culture

 

No i believe that they are depicting natural forces in the same way that the black madonna of southern europe is not depicting a human woman who is black but rather mother earth

 

Some older rituals are imo part of a bridge to the otherworld and may depict otherworld beings in all of their strange forms. To view these things in the modern way is to see them in a hyper-literal way that has closed the door on matters of the soul and the psyche

 

To understand the behaviours of our ancestors you cannot view them through the eyes of a scientist but rather through the eyes of a poet

Edited by Macnamara
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Morris Dancing is a very old folk dance. The "blackface" comes from when the men would put coal dust on their faces dates from the 15th century to hide their faces to avoid being arrested for begging (which was illegal). 

 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/01/may-day-morris-dancers-swap-black-face-paint-for-blue-over-concerns-of-racism

 

The dance most likely comes from old pagan traditions; much of old country folk traditions do. I've got books on the subject. 

 

Quote

Gallop asks whether the Christian–Moorish link is actually a later interpretation of earlier pagan mock battles between Summer and Winter, such as that fought on May Day on the Isle of Man between the Queens of Summer and Winter. He argues that in parts of Portugal and the Basque Country, the word moor is also used to mean 'pagan', and that perhaps morris dance originally meant 'pagan dance', and that bells and disguised faces are a common feature of pagan ritual. Thus, for Gallop, the Moorish link is coincidental and the true origins are much older and pagan. This view remains popular for many today.

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackface_and_Morris_dancing

 

One can also imagine homeless wanderers and "outlaws" living in the woods in the middle ages smearing soil on their faces in order to obscure their identities when the sheriff's authorities were looking for them. 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Macnamara said:

 

No i don't believe so; i think that is just a modern persons best guess at what is going on because they are perceiving it through the eyes of a post enlightenment mind

 

If they were depicting moors then the dance would only be about a 1000 years old which would take us back to the times of the crusades when christian consciousness was becoming super aware of moorish culture

 

No i believe that they are depicting natural forces in the same way that the black madonna of southern europe is not depicting a human woman who is black but rather mother earth

 

Some older rituals are imo part of a bridge to the otherworld and may depict otherworld beings in all of their strange forms. To view these things in the modern way is to see them in a hyper-literal way that has closed the door on matters of the soul and the psyche

 

To understand the behaviours of our ancestors you cannot view them through the eyes of a scientist but rather through the eyes of a poet

 

I agree with all you wrote there. The last sentence is especially true. Morris is shamanic and pagan in origins, yet eccentric and fun to watch. Long live Morris!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, itsnotallrightjack said:

Morris Dancing is a very old folk dance. The "blackface" comes from when the men would put coal dust on their faces dates from the 15th century to hide their faces to avoid being arrested for begging (which was illegal). 

 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/01/may-day-morris-dancers-swap-black-face-paint-for-blue-over-concerns-of-racism

 

The dance most likely comes from old pagan traditions; much of old country folk traditions do. I've got books on the subject. 

 

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackface_and_Morris_dancing

 

One can also imagine homeless wanderers and "outlaws" living in the woods in the middle ages smearing soil on their faces in order to obscure their identities when the sheriff's authorities were looking for them. 

 

 

It always reminded me of a disguised martial art.

In the way the ryukyuans had to hide some of their fighting arts as dances

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, itsnotallrightjack said:

Gallop asks whether the Christian–Moorish link is actually a later interpretation of earlier pagan mock battles between Summer and Winter, such as that fought on May Day on the Isle of Man between the Queens of Summer and Winter.

 

sounds plausible. They hold a very theatrical one on carlton hill in edinburgh on beltaine

 

it's the battle between robin of the hood and his may queen, maid marion against the forces of darkness, the sheriff of nottingham and his thugs

 

Each year you have to banish the lethargy of winter and what better way than a flagon of cider and a get-together with dancing, bells and all that jazz?

 

if the forces of dark winter now have to wear blue faces it erodes the original meaning even more which is no doubt what this cultural marxist PC BS is about

Edited by Macnamara
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Macnamara said:

if the forces of dark winter now have to wear blue faces it erodes the original meaning even more which is no doubt what this cultural marxist PC BS is about

 

Yep, either subvert tradition or replace it with an assault on the senses.

 

md.jpg.303d21057d98107b0212a1459b3bffcb.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 5/1/2021 at 4:18 PM, Icke-Kia said:

Aparently this is racist

 

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-56956071

 

 

 

 

I believe I know one of those Morris dancers.  They arent the Hampshire ones. They are from down Devon Cornwall way. I`ll ask him about it. Its disgusting how people have to be beaten down with ridiculousness. Black people arent even black - they are varying shades of brown and whites are varying shades of white....Lunacy

Edited by Beaujangles
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Macnamara said:

 

sounds plausible. They hold a very theatrical one on carlton hill in edinburgh on beltaine

 

it's the battle between robin of the hood and his may queen, maid marion against the forces of darkness, the sheriff of nottingham and his thugs

 

Each year you have to banish the lethargy of winter and what better way than a flagon of cider and a get-together with dancing, bells and all that jazz?

 

if the forces of dark winter now have to wear blue faces it erodes the original meaning even more which is no doubt what this cultural marxist PC BS is about

 

Morris has many levels of meaning I think. What you mentioned above also fits. Anyway the change to blue face paint also works for the cultural heritage, because the Celts painted their faces blue. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So we've established that morris dancing has NOTHING to do with black people and is in fact just a representation of natural forces...

 

It's an indigenous dance of the british isles and yet we don't see the woke brigade going to africa and telling them they can't do tribal dances wearing masks because they might offend people of the shade of skin colour depicted by the otherworld mask....no that kind of cultural genocide is reserved for us

 

Our culture is under attack, our churches are under attack and literally being incinerated in some cases including that of notre dame, our history is being re-written with the knocking down of statues and renaming of streets etc and we are being replaced by UN 'replacement migration'

 

Now we have the covid injections which are physically genociding us...

The Sons and Daughters of Robin Hood by Damh the Bard with Lyrics

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...