Arrests Made & Officers Injured - London Street Party Protest

Seconal

Eight officers injured policing anti-lockdown protest in London
Demonstrators hurled missiles, including bottles at march attended by Laurence Fox and Piers Corbyn

Eight police officers have been injured as they dispersed crowds during an anti-lockdown protest in central London on Saturday.

Five people were arrested for offences that included assault on police officers, the Metropolitan police said. They remain in custody on Saturday night.

The Met said demonstrators hurled missiles, including bottles, during the protest in Hyde Park, which were attended by an estimated 10,000 people.

Two officers were taken to hospital, although their injuries were not believed to be serious, the Met said. Photographs posted on social media showed a female police officer bleeding from a cut to her head, while another suffered a similar wound on his forehead.

John Apter, the national chair of the Police Federation of England and Wales, tweeted: “These officers are just doing a job. To be targeted in the way they are says a lot about the society we’ve become. I will continue to do my best to support them but I need government to do more, much more.”

Demonstrators defied social distancing rules to march through central London demanding a ban on vaccine passports and an end to lockdown. They carried banners displaying messages such as “vaccine passports = a two-tiered society” and “give flu a chance”. One placard read: “You don’t need proof to know truth.”

Some shoppers in Oxford Street were heckled by the crowd and told to “take your masks off”, according to eyewitnesses.

London mayoral candidates Piers Corbyn and Laurence Fox – two of the four anti-lockdown candidates running for election in May – were among those on the march.

The protest, which came almost two weeks after Covid-19 lockdown restrictions were eased, coincided with the UK passing the milestone of vaccinating half its population, with more than 33m first vaccinations and 11m second doses administered.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/apr/24/eight-officers-injured-policing-anti-lockdown-protest-in-london

Seconal says: What we do with our liberty defines the extent of our freedom.

ULON2GPRCVOXFJEVALWZV7OO2A.jpg.976c14fb70999accaec28a560c2fd5a3.jpg

Edited by Seconal

Violent anti-lockdown demonstrators have been described as “thugs” after eight police officers were injured - including two who had to be take to hospital - during disturbances in Hyde Park.

Trouble flared after thousands of people marched through London to protest against continued coronavirus restrictions and the use of face masks.

As police moved in to break up large crowds that had descended on Hyde Park on Saturday evening they were attacked with missiles and weapons.

Treatment of police will be referred to Met 'with utmost urgency'
The treatment of police officers at an anti-lockdown protest will be referred to senior Met management with "utmost urgency", a police leader has said.

“The irony of the complete silence from the Saturday night sofas of the armchair critics when police officers come under brutal attack will not be lost on our colleagues," Ken Marsh has said.

“The safety of our police officers should be top of the agenda. We wish all our injured colleagues a swift recovery and will be supporting them as best as we can.”

Ken Marsh, chairman of the Metropolitan Police Federation said the scenes were disgraceful and he called for more action to protect officers from such violence.

He said: “Peaceful protest may well be the cornerstone of democracy - and police officers have a role in facilitating that - but the scenes we saw in Hyde Park yesterday of a thin blue line of brave and sadly bloodied police officers coming under attack from thugs were anything but peaceful.

“Police officers are human beings who go out every day to keep people safe. Many people seem to have forgotten that right now but we will keep reminding them. Our colleagues have every right to go home to their families at the end of their shifts. Not to hospital.

“We are still in the middle of a pandemic and our unvaccinated police officers deserve greater protection. We keep talking about promises to protect the protectors. But it is all talk. Where is the condemnation from all political parties of the scenes we saw yesterday? Why is this not all over the front pages?

“We can assure everyone that we shall be raising the scenes we witnessed in Hyde Park yesterday with senior management in the Metropolitan Police with utmost urgency.

ss-2021-4-25-10-51_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq0RglTN43wyGR-NQABDM7ErkcnEMN6jgniYeqwz6a86k.jpeg.46320e5d60b2956cc5f558364e340838.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Seconal said:

Treatment of police will be referred to Met 'with utmost urgency'
The treatment of police officers at an anti-lockdown protest will be referred to senior Met management with "utmost urgency", a police leader has said.

“The irony of the complete silence from the Saturday night sofas of the armchair critics when police officers come under brutal attack will not be lost on our colleagues," Ken Marsh has said.

- Give them what they want.

No, I mean those few violent acts will give the Police law makers what they want. The rest of the crowd should have stopped them, a peaceful protest requires protesters to maintain peace, if it's truly to be peaceful that is.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Seconal said:

Eight officers injured policing anti-lockdown protest in London
Demonstrators hurled missiles, including bottles at march attended by Laurence Fox and Piers Corbyn

so what is your point?

how do any of the threads you have posted tie into the conspiracy?

• Like 1

Cut on the head, bleeds into the eye. But it's awful, I said at the beginning that violence with Police will turn it into a shit show and the media will run it.

They're looking for any excuse, they want a new order and this type of idiocy is giving them the excuse to make it legal.

I have said time and time again, if you're going to 'peacefully protest', don't do anything to 'aggravate' the police.

I very much hope it is the case that the vast majority of people who were protesting were acting in good spirit.

I would also hope that it was the case that any violence was instigated by 'agent provocateurs', deliberately trying to stir up trouble or unrest.

I would also not put it past the Met Police to deliberately organise something like this themselves, using an undercover 'insider'.

But then you may ask yourself, why would they do this?

On 4/25/2021 at 1:14 PM, Seconal said:

Violent anti-lockdown demonstrators have been described as “thugs” after eight police officers were injured - including two who had to be take to hospital - during disturbances in Hyde Park.

There you go. This allows the 'perception' of the majority to be manipulated by the media into believing that ALL anti-lockdown demonstrators are violent moronic 'thugs'.

Problem - reaction - solution

You can probably work out what happens next.

Why is it always London and the Met Police? I've been to similar (smaller-scale admittedly) protests and demonstrations in Birmingham, and there has never been any trouble with the police, not that I've seen or been aware of anyway. And I'm sure its the same in other cities and towns around the UK.