The superleague was also a scam

44 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Agreed, but definitely not a short sell exercise, especially when not all them clubs are floated on the stock exchange. From memory, that's 2 out of the 6 that are. The rest are privately owned. 

Agreed, also that's not shorting it's pump and dump if it's anything at all 

There is defo something more to this. Gtiboy makes some good points in an earlier post.

These billionaire owners and their market research/PR teams aren't stupid. They would have known there would have been too much backlash for this to initially go through. 

Edited by sambaking7
4 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Agreed, but definitely not a short sell exercise, especially when not all them clubs are floated on the stock exchange. From memory, that's 2 out of the 6 that are. The rest are privately owned. 

Thinking more of stirring up trouble, getting people  to mass gather.

"These football fans spread the latest variant."

???

5 minutes ago, shadowmoon said:

Thinking more of stirring up trouble, getting people  to mass gather.

"These football fans spread the latest variant."

???

No, if anything, the ESL has shown they don't need fans anymore with the huge sums on offer. Empty stadiums for over a year now and they proceed as business as usual. I wouldn't be shocked if we don't see fans in stadiums again. 

Plus what would the pre-madonnas say about fans back in stadiums? 

"Can't play gaffa, those fans are breathing near me when i take a throw in." 

dfhhh.jpg.50d31f6c7644bfb72015921036187533.jpg

I did warn people in a footy thread, but it fell on deaf ears.

Not that I trust either side as they'll also use this crap to take more control over European football clubs to dictate what they can do. Straight theatrics.

If people get sick of the propaganda in the EPL and fans put pressure on clubs to abandon it in future, well good luck trying that now. Pros and cons for both sides in my opinion.

• Like 2
On 4/22/2021 at 9:01 PM, Grumpy Owl said:

I seem to recall they tried pushing this idea of a 'European Super League' a few years ago, and that got pushed back at the time.

Proposals for the creation of a new super league competition for European clubs began in 1998.

Manchester United fans force Liverpool match to be POSTPONED after hundreds of protestors BROKE IN to Old Trafford to demand Glazers sell the club before policeman is slashed with bottle in violent clashes outside the stadium
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-9534959/Angry-Manchester-United-fans-STORM-pitch-Old-Trafford.html

Honestly shocked to see the anti-Semitic Man Utd fans organise a violent pogrom against their greedy owners. This virulent hate needs to be shut down!

I shall never understand my own country. Faced with house arrest, economic ruin and unprecedented assaults on all forms of personal liberty, plus the shutdown of education and the end of the freedom to travel, the British people retire to their back gardens and have a drink.

Faced with a change in the commercial organisation of football, the whole of civil society, from the Royal Family downwards, rises in angry revolt.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-9507781/PETER-HITCHENS-green-revolution-turn-Britain-World-country.html

Hitchens is correct.

It was a psyop to see how the dumb masses would react.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Mr Chinnery said:

I shall never understand my own country. Faced with house arrest, economic ruin and unprecedented assaults on all forms of personal liberty, plus the shutdown of education and the end of the freedom to travel, the British people retire to their back gardens and have a drink.

Heh I was thinking the exact same thing walking my dog around the block, observing the pub. 

I've starting having little dialogues in my head as a self therapy from the madness as i have nobody to talk to.

Pretty much said to myself "yep the masses will pretty much give up everything to get in the pub, and get angry over football. The establishment must be laughing at them".

And then I'll try to tell my inner dialogue "yes i know its insane, its honestly not worth trying to have conversations, this is where we are at". 

What a sad state of affairs. 

Edited by Fluke
  • Like 3

Echoes of the Capitol Hill "riots" when the protesters got inside the building with remarkable ease.

Considering there was a match on today at Old Trafford, you'd think security would be pretty tight.

Fishy.

• Haha 1
On 4/22/2021 at 8:52 PM, Mr Chinnery said:

"FOOTBALL NEEDS A RESET!" Jason Cundy calls for club reforms after European Super League collapse

Oh look it's the "Reset" word. Where have we heard that before?

I've heard that expression 'needs a reset' so many times and in different contexts of late. It is an expression that has wormed its way into our consciousness as a catch-all ultimate solution to any problem.

By the time of the Great Reset, people will accept it (even beg for it) as the most magnificent solution to all of the world's woes.

7 hours ago, Fluke said:

Heh I was thinking the exact same thing walking my dog around the block, observing the pub. 

I've starting having little dialogues in my head as a self therapy from the madness as i have nobody to talk to.

Pretty much said to myself "yep the masses will pretty much give up everything to get in the pub, and get angry over football. The establishment must be laughing at them".

And then I'll try to tell my inner dialogue "yes i know its insane, its honestly not worth trying to have conversations, this is where we are at". 

What a sad state of affairs. 

I've been doing that since childhood, only I speak out loud. I find it a great way to offload my thoughts and to occasionally get to the truth of a matter.

As much as I've loved football in the past and still enjoy it today (but with a cynical eye and the ability to laugh at how ridiculous the game has become) I cannot help but think of what Orwell wrote:

"Football, beer, and above all gambling, filled up the horizon of their minds. To keep them in control was not difficult"

• Like 1