Jump to content

Bitcoin vs Gold, which one is better?


Recommended Posts

No disrespect and just being a realist.....

Those that advocate 'barter'.... how practical would that be?

Some people haven't got any skills....they may be able to scribble a cartoon...... would you exchange that for a haircut or a taxi ride?

How do you send a mail to someone if you don't use their currency?

 

When we know that the Common Law could solve some of the problem like taxation, yet people are not joining to advocate this....

Ask yourself a question, how realistic is that we'd make a community of our own and separate from the monetary system? I often think that the so called truether community is full of keyboard worriers and they don't know how to charge forward.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, DaleP said:

No disrespect and just being a realist.....

Those that advocate 'barter'.... how practical would that be?

Some people haven't got any skills....they may be able to scribble a cartoon...... would you exchange that for a haircut or a taxi ride?

How do you send a mail to someone if you don't use their currency?

 

When we know that the Common Law could solve some of the problem like taxation, yet people are not joining to advocate this....

Ask yourself a question, how realistic is that we'd make a community of our own and separate from the monetary system? I often think that the so called truether community is full of keyboard worriers and they don't know how to charge forward.

I don't think that type of barter system works at all. Unless you make it into some sort of commy credit system where your skills gives you points or credits.....

 

If I am a male shopkeeper, and someone comes in and I have 1 pint of milk to sell. A cartoonist comes in and says I will exchange for a cartoon, then some hot lady comes in and says I will exchange it for sex, I mean which one would you choose? (just being honest here) Only pure capitalism as intended works imo...........without manipulation....without governments

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Mr H said:

I don't think that type of barter system works at all. Unless you make it into some sort of commy credit system where your skills gives you points or credits.....

 

If I am a male shopkeeper, and someone comes in and I have 1 pint of milk to sell. A cartoonist comes in and says I will exchange for a cartoon, then some hot lady comes in and says I will exchange it for sex, I mean which one would you choose? (just being honest here) Only pure capitalism as intended works imo...........without manipulation....without governments

mnn yeah no brainer. 😂

 

EDIT: Then there are disabled type. They may not be able to do anything much due to learning disability, physical disability etc.

What would happen to them?

Edited by DaleP
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why do we need another 'system' though?

Every system has control in it at some point. You want to remain controlled by how many slave hours you work per day?

the 'value' you talk about here is something we have been taught to think. Wy is one thing more valuable than another? In truth it's not, its really just the perception we have been led to believe. Why cant we co-exist with neighbors etc and just swap stuff / skills. Or simply work together.

Why does there need to be a transaction to everything? Radical concept, I know.

 

Capitalism only works if there is a control factor- currency. Its slavery 101. Take away the rules and whats left?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, RobinJ said:

Why do we need another 'system' though?

Every system has control in it at some point. You want to remain controlled by how many slave hours you work per day?

the 'value' you talk about here is something we have been taught to think. Wy is one thing more valuable than another? In truth it's not, its really just the perception we have been led to believe. Why cant we co-exist with neighbors etc and just swap stuff / skills. Or simply work together.

Why does there need to be a transaction to everything? Radical concept, I know.

 

Capitalism only works if there is a control factor- currency. Its slavery 101. Take away the rules and whats left?

 

Wait till someone offers you a drawing in exchange of....

Kumbaya will not happen. You should try an experiement now with a group of like minded people and see what happens. I've already seen truther community disintegrated due to differences. As it goes, some were rather lazy and just wanted to drink and smoke while others busted their arse. That's true freeloaders.

 

Anyway, Utopia is really unhealthy idealism. There has been an experiment done on the mice community and it ended up destroying themselves.

Checkout Universe 25 experiment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 6/17/2022 at 7:20 PM, RobinJ said:

Why do we need another 'system' though?

Every system has control in it at some point. You want to remain controlled by how many slave hours you work per day?

the 'value' you talk about here is something we have been taught to think. Wy is one thing more valuable than another? In truth it's not, its really just the perception we have been led to believe. Why cant we co-exist with neighbors etc and just swap stuff / skills. Or simply work together.

Why does there need to be a transaction to everything? Radical concept, I know.

 

Capitalism only works if there is a control factor- currency. Its slavery 101. Take away the rules and whats left?

I am not sure what you mean by system. I'm also not sure currency which is essentially the same as swapping stuff needs control (other than an initial agreed upon value), certainly doesn't require centralised control.

 

To me value is human capital. Human capital is effort, creativity, intelligence, ingenuity. Humans natural vector is to evolve, as they are in some ways a reflection of the universe which also likes to evolve. It's a natural tendency. To be rewarded for your human capital leads to evolution. The reward is capital.

 

EDIT our biology is also built with the rewards system in place - with our dopamine and other chemical receptors, so we'd have to address that issue also.

Edited by Mr H
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, DaleP said:

Dang, they found the gold I buried. 😟

The price is about to tank.

 

 

 

I'm calling bullshit..... the amount of refined gold that had been discovered to date is only 244,000 tonnes....... 31 million tonnes of gold ore means 320,158 of refined gold which is a nonsense figure because it's more than all the gold that has ever been discovered... I just don't buy it.

 

Either the story is fake or President Musenevi is bullshitting....

 

If it's true though...which it really can't be..... I wouldn't trust any such news coming out of despotic African nations, it would kill the price of gold....but it would be worth it to see how pissed the Chinese will be that all of their half a trillion dollars of gold holdings are worthless.

 

Still, if it's true I'm glad I diversified my investments......  

 

Edited by Edgewood
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Edgewood said:

 

I'm calling bullshit..... the amount of refined gold that had been discovered to date is only 244,000 tonnes....... 31 million tonnes of gold ore means 320,158 of refined gold which is a nonsense figure because it's more than all the gold that has ever been discovered... I just don't buy it.

 

Either the story is fake or President Musenevi is bullshitting....

 

If it's true though...which it really can't be..... I wouldn't trust any such news coming out of despotic African nations, it would kill the price of gold....but it would be worth it to see how pissed the Chinese will be that all of their half a trillion dollars of gold holdings are worthless.

 

Still, if it's true I'm glad I diversified my investments......  

 

 

Ok ....but who gives out all those figures that you cling to as fact?

Same people who run the entire system, so why would you trust that?

No lump of gold, numbers on a computer screen, bits of IOU paper, are gonna save anyone, diversified or not. Non of it holds any real 'value.' There will come a time soon when all forms of currency will be destroyed.

 

Question: who taught humans  "this, is worth more than that?"  Answer: Same people who run the entire system, so why would you trust that when everything else we are told is a lie?

 

VALUE.....from Latin valere "be strong, be well; be of value, be worth. 

 

So if you think about that for a second, value was equated to strength, and thereby worth. If someone had not taught you that bits of printed paper with an IOU on were of 'value' would you even use them, or laugh in their faces at the absurdity of it? Same goes for crypto, gold, diamonds, et al.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, RobinJ said:

 

Ok ....but who gives out all those figures that you cling to as fact?

Same people who run the entire system, so why would you trust that?

No lump of gold, numbers on a computer screen, bits of IOU paper, are gonna save anyone, diversified or not. Non of it holds any real 'value.' There will come a time soon when all forms of currency will be destroyed.

 

Question: who taught humans  "this, is worth more than that?"  Answer: Same people who run the entire system, so why would you trust that when everything else we are told is a lie?

 

VALUE.....from Latin valere "be strong, be well; be of value, be worth. 

 

So if you think about that for a second, value was equated to strength, and thereby worth. If someone had not taught you that bits of printed paper with an IOU on were of 'value' would you even use them, or laugh in their faces at the absurdity of it? Same goes for crypto, gold, diamonds, et al.

 

 

I'm not clinging to anything....  We're in a real physical world and we have to deal with certain physical realities.

 

That's all. 

 

Unless you're a ghost with an internet connection...in which case, good luck to you.

 

 

Edited by Edgewood
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Edgewood said:

 

I'm calling bullshit..... the amount of refined gold that had been discovered to date is only 244,000 tonnes....... 31 million tonnes of gold ore means 320,158 of refined gold which is a nonsense figure because it's more than all the gold that has ever been discovered... I just don't buy it.

 

Either the story is fake or President Musenevi is bullshitting....

 

If it's true though...which it really can't be..... I wouldn't trust any such news coming out of despotic African nations, it would kill the price of gold....but it would be worth it to see how pissed the Chinese will be that all of their half a trillion dollars of gold holdings are worthless.

 

Still, if it's true I'm glad I diversified my investments......  

 

 

It could be that he's done a deal with Arabs. Remember the price tank on 20th April?

There was a movement and this could be a cover story to dump already refined gold into the market. There is always a side story. The world is not how it looks, only those in the know knows. 😉

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, RobinJ said:

actually we aren't in any kind of physical or real anything, but thats another, very long story 🤣

 

Do you have anything useful  to share about the topic at hand though?

 

We are discussing gold and bitcoin....  You can tell us gold doesn't exist and has no value.... but this isn't useful or even true information.

 

 

Edited by Edgewood
Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.monitor.co.ug/uganda/oped/commentary/our-much-acclaimed-huge-gold-discovery-is-mere-fool-s-gold-3849986

 

Fool’s gold jokes are common in the mining industry. Fool’s gold is a sparkling-yet-worthless mineral pyrite which gold miners in the 19th Century mistook to be gold. This mineral pyrite has long been called fool’s gold because of its metallic yellow copper like crystals tricking miners thinking they had struck gold.

 

 However, in 2021, researchers at Western Australia’s Curtin University discovered that invisible gold in small quantities which cannot be detected by a microscope can be captured from the crystals when they pyrite. It is therefore too early to dismiss or predict the economics of fool’s gold in the early stages of this ongoing research.

 

On June 7, President Museveni went off script in delivering his own version of a fool’s gold “Economic Buster” gold discovery of 31 million tonnes, only that this was an early June fool’s day joke. 

 

Since 2011 when the president imposed a moratorium on the export of unprocessed raw minerals and materials, he has been relentless in pushing for value addition in Uganda’s sector, but paid little to understanding the drivers of resource development such as exploration reserves data generation, economics, demand, supply, spot prices, technology, markets and geopolitics.

 

Statistics from the US Geological Surveys, indicate that 244,000 metric tonnes of gold, the equivalent of 268,400 tonnes of gold has been discovered in the world to date, of which 187,000 metric tonnes (205,700 tonnes) has so far been produced, leaving a balance of 57,000 metric tonnes (62,700 tonnes) of known reserves. This implies that Uganda’s gold discoveries surpass global gold discoveries by 115.5 times. Did the President confuse ounces with tonnes or like the Australian farmer, he intentionally went off script to put a smile on the faces of his economically stressed citizens?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was in investments of various forms for more than 20 years, saw plenty of scams, volatile next big things, and also market busts.All of which are orchestrated via the loons in charge (for now.) Bitcoin and gold are same thing- next big scam waiting to go bust so the higher ups can own everything as per the norm.

 

Here's something useful, what will your FED owned Bitcoin ( and blockchain) be worth when they turn off the internet so they can reset it for access only via people who are jabbed and on route to death or the mainframe? 

 

What would your gold be worth if there was a huge natural disaster which was worldwide? Both of these scenarios are very possible depending on your viewpoint of what 'reality' you think you follow or are in. Pick your poison, it all has the same bull crap stink.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, RobinJ said:

I was in investments of various forms for more than 20 years, saw plenty of scams, volatile next big things, and also market busts.All of which are orchestrated via the loons in charge (for now.) Bitcoin and gold are same thing- next big scam waiting to go bust so the higher ups can own everything as per the norm.

 

Here's something useful, what will your FED owned Bitcoin ( and blockchain) be worth when they turn off the internet so they can reset it for access only via people who are jabbed and on route to death or the mainframe? 

 

What would your gold be worth if there was a huge natural disaster which was worldwide? Both of these scenarios are very possible depending on your viewpoint of what 'reality' you think you follow or are in. Pick your poison, it all has the same bull crap stink.

 

I'm guessing you don't have any gold....... 

 

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Everything is a risk which also includes leaving your money in your bank account.

Yeah I hear you're saying it's guaranteed upto £85K per account but you are losing its value by leaving it in there if it's not earning more than 9.1% per year.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/25/2022 at 11:11 PM, RobinJ said:

what will your FED owned Bitcoin ( and blockchain) be worth when they turn off the internet so they can reset it for access only via people who are jabbed and on route to death or the mainframe?

 

It's an extremely valid concern now.  Pre 2020 i would've been happy to hold a bunch of coins, comfortable that they'd be safe for the long term. Now my strategy is short to mid term. The niggling thing is going to be calculating the capital gains theft every year, although i can't imagine going over that limit this year.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, spideysensei said:

 

It's an extremely valid concern now.  Pre 2020 i would've been happy to hold a bunch of coins, comfortable that they'd be safe for the long term. Now my strategy is short to mid term. The niggling thing is going to be calculating the capital gains theft every year, although i can't imagine going over that limit this year.

 

 

You'd have to live on scalping during the winter. 😢

If you scalp at 25% gain to be safe.....48K max to avoid tax theft, gives you 12K.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, DaleP said:

 

You'd have to live on scalping during the winter. 😢

If you scalp at 25% gain to be safe.....48K max to avoid tax theft, gives you 12K.

 

Well, that and my day job. I guess if the rug is pulled it may include fiat as well as per your comment? You'd think if the internet went down it may signal the collapse of everything else. Difficult to know what to do, so i think a compromise of taking and using profits is the best approach, otherwise yes you just have numbers on a screen which may in reality amount to nowt!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, spideysensei said:

 

Well, that and my day job. I guess if the rug is pulled it may include fiat as well as per your comment? You'd think if the internet went down it may signal the collapse of everything else. Difficult to know what to do, so i think a compromise of taking and using profits is the best approach, otherwise yes you just have numbers on a screen which may in reality amount to nowt!

 

I don't think they can pull internet because so many things are relied on business wise but they could potentially make it difficultt.

I am prepared to have my computer offline but that makes it very difficult to do anything including online digital banking (yes this is how they started to call now....inline with digital currency).

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

bbc radio 5 just said

 

"everyone should have some gold and silver, they normally keep their value, all what we know as money, dollar, euro and pound is fiat which means it is backed by nothing!"

presenter said "oh I didn't know that!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...