Bitcoin vs Gold, which one is better?

9 hours ago, Mikhail Liebestein said:

and don't forget to stack up on Whisky or Whiskey. It is good for sterilisation of wounds, can act as a pain killer, is fun to drink and is highly tradable in a collapse or conflict situation. 

God I hope it doesn't come to that in my case. Some of the bottles I've got are worth a grand easily...... thing is I paid between 400-600 pounds in a time frame of up to about 2 years ago, it seemed a lot of money at the time for a bottle of Scotch but I got the 'collector's fever' and afterwards regretted my purchase thinking I had perhaps wasted my money. Now that the whisky market has gone nuts and the bottles doubled in price and value I only wish I'd bought more.

I think the Scotch whisky investment window may have closed, at least for me because I won't spend the kind of money now being asked for collectible and rare whiskies, but I did my research into whisky (research...yeah right) and managed hopefully to increase on my investment.

Key to investing is to invest in things you know and understand, the best thing is to invest in assets you actually appreciate and personally value.

Wonder if anyone else has some good investment tips?

Edited by Truthspoon
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Truthspoon said:

God I hope it doesn't come to that in my case. Some of the bottles I've got are worth a grand easily...... thing is I paid between 400-600 pounds in a time frame of up to about 2 years ago, it seemed a lot of money at the time for a bottle of Scotch but I got the 'collector's fever' and afterwards regretted my purchase thinking I had perhaps wasted my money. Now that the whisky market has gone nuts and the bottles doubled in price and value I only wish I'd bought more.

I think the Scotch whisky investment window may have closed, at least for me because I won't spend the kind of money now being asked for collectible and rare whiskies, but I did my research into whisky (research...yeah right) and managed hopefully to increase on my investment.

Key to investing is to invest in things you know and understand, the best thing is to invest in assets you actually appreciate and personally value.

Rum can appreciate too, but it needs to be from the last bottle of Navy Grog:

https://www.masterofmalt.com/rum/black-tot/black-tot-last-consignment/?utm_content=black-tot%2Fblack-tot-last-consignment&currencyCode=GBP&utm_source=database&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=mom_base_1

13 minutes ago, Mikhail Liebestein said:

Y'see, that's the kind of thing the could be a good store of value at least.....  though I think it was released in 2010 and in ten years they haven't quite sold it all out...... but then Rum isn't nearly on the same investment level asset class that whisky is these days.

Rather than waste the final rations of their stock, the Brits emptied what oak casks remained into imperial gallon stone flagons. Most of the booze—which was likely distilled in the Caribbean in the 1940s—sat untouched in a warehouse for nearly 40 years, emerging only for special occasions such as royal weddings. 

Speciality Drinks, a spirits supplier, acquired the rum in time to release it on the 40th anniversary of Black Tot Day, back in 2010. They blended all the flagons together, named the new product “Black Tot Rum” and packaged the lot. About 6,000 bottles went on sale for close to $1,000 each.

On 7/28/2021 at 7:35 AM, Truthspoon said:

Wonder if anyone else has some good investment tips?

Old classic instruments. I like synths personally but any good quality instrument will only go one way. You have to be careful with digital stuff because some brands plummet quickly. The equipment takes up lots of space but  has the beauty of being usable . If you bought a used Roland 303 in the 80s for less than £30 then you are looking at £2000 plus today.

On 7/28/2021 at 7:35 AM, Truthspoon said:

• Like 1