Survival And Bushcraft ...

Coldrum

8 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

Fullblown force is a whole other level where they would need to pin people down. So if you imagine a situation where people like a UK version of US SWAT teams were kicking in peoples doors and wrestling them to the ground to jab them you would be dealing with people wearing body armour. The examples posted above of repeater crossbows are not going to make much impression on body armour and helmets but heavy duty hunting crossbows absolutely can go through that sort of armour so it then becomes obvious why they want to ban such things

I had some plans to counter that type of intimidation, and if that did take place it would have been over my dead body, for as far as i could see the meaning of life had been fully desecrated, and no holds barred.

I’ll say my honest piece around arms and fighting. 
Believing that violence is ‘wrong’ or never the answer is oversimplified and naive. It’s just not the world we live in.

However, there are a million other more important things to focus on, that WILL help us fight when needed, but will reduce the chances of us getting carted off to a prison cell. For instance; control of logistics and infrastructure. Discipline, co-ordination and a bad attitude. The ability to create faster and better than the system. Communication skills that will make people not want to kill us, and make those who try look very unpopular.

We WILL have a successful off-grid movement, let’s keep it as peaceful as possible to make it harder for the system to find excuses to shut us down. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2022 at 2:21 PM, Green Dragon said:

I’ll say my honest piece around arms and fighting. 
Believing that violence is ‘wrong’ or never the answer is oversimplified and naive. It’s just not the world we live in.

However, there are a million other more important things to focus on, that WILL help us fight when needed, but will reduce the chances of us getting carted off to a prison cell. For instance; control of logistics and infrastructure. Discipline, co-ordination and a bad attitude. The ability to create faster and better than the system. Communication skills that will make people not want to kill us, and make those who try look very unpopular.

We WILL have a successful off-grid movement, let’s keep it as peaceful as possible to make it harder for the system to find excuses to shut us down. 

During the first year of covid there was a great video from China ( I think) about how protesters acted in a very military way. They had silent signals, coordinated manouvers, were trained to act as one unit with leaders just like military. They had a plan for each 'attack' and acted in unison. Very effective, wish I could find the video.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Ha, first of all, just wanna give a quick mention to^^^ saying I remember that^^^ post RobinJ, did you ever go after it and refind it about how Chinese citizens co-operated like you say?

-----------

Back on Survival or *Perception of it* now in this case... (in case any younger person still thinks Rambo had it all sussed, well maybe think again young ones) :-

Soooo....

Here's what should be obvious (as people reach adulthood at least, I am adult thankyou kindly, lol) ...in ahem, most peoples minds one hopes regarding not always putting so much emphasis on your knife, (like being too spirited away by the bling & excitement borrowed from movies) and in turn emblazened onto your knife out in the wild, where if you don't have the skills to accompany your intentions, you could fall victim to your own mal-practice... OK KIDS?? 🤔💡.... (esp. when you are short on time in particular as Coal Cracker points out) so bringing some basic common sense therefore given some forethought to your survival kit arsenal also AS WELL AS your knife itself (a sensible knife, not a stupid OTT rambo-esque knife), so we have here in this VERY BASIC video telling us and young ones especially to just be mindful that Rambo was a movie of a cinematic portrayal much less what comes off as real should reality agree remotely anything based on reflection on what is real or relatable in real survival etc(???) .... So basicly we see in those movies or on ANY SCREEN with a movie behind it, dramatic movies especially of course strongly tend not to be accurate, and for the simple reason everything is obviously wacko in a high action movie. 

However.... more than posting this on this Rambo topic, which is NOT my intention to go on about Rambo, 🤣 however much CoalCracker liked the movie aspect when he too was a kid, but settle down a bit there that when growing up along with becoming an adult, kids (apologizes if anyone is already grown up- I never recognized, J/K) 😁 and stay true to what's real where you can allow yourself and let me introduce- for anyone (young Or old) who hasn't til now met online with this f r i e n d l y  d u d e = Coal Cracker BushCraft guy, (*click here for his channel*) well... I mightily recommend you do (check him out) as he just hits the right notes, EVERYTIME on any survival topic so far whenever I've listened and enjoyed watching him talking & making stuff entertaining even!..

So, a BIG thumbs up for this guy the "real worldy" survival tutor over there in America where he is!👍 

(btw, that's his son's blunted knife he is holding up, in case you sense it's a bit weak in the blade).👶

Edited by Certified Green of Heart

On 10/23/2022 at 5:20 PM, sock muppet said:

I had some plans to counter that type of intimidation, and if that did take place it would have been over my dead body, for as far as i could see the meaning of life had been fully desecrated, and no holds barred.

Either way mate, those bastards wouldn't be worried as long as they offed you, and many, many more like us, they're evil fucks with no empathy for the lower orders of human cockroaches that they perceive us to be!🥴 But what they've failed to realise is that we the British, well probably the majority of us at any rate, 🤔 are a resolute race who fight harder when their backs are to the wall!👍 As an island race we've stood up against many outside invaders over the years, but now it seems we have our own turncoats aboard this sinking ship, who are still trying to stab us in the back!

Edited by Mr Crabtree

2 hours ago, Mr Crabtree said:

Either way mate, those bastards wouldn't be worried as long as they offed you, and many, many more like us, they're evil fucks with no empathy for the lower orders of human cockroaches that they perceive us to be!🥴 But what they've failed to realise is that we the British, well probably the majority of us at any rate, 🤔 are a resolute race who fight harder when their backs are to the wall!👍 As an island race we've stood up against many outside invaders over the years, but now it seems we have our own turncoats aboard this sinking ship, who are still trying to stab us in the back!

At the end of the day it comes down to the one thing that matters most, and that is what do you believe in, on your knees or dying on your feet, if the thing this country stands for is freedom then my country gets my blood and guts strewn across this green and pleasant land once more, for the generations to come to enjoy what it stands for, no land for soy boys, gotta die one day, in life no-one gets out alive, 👍

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, sock muppet said:

At the end of the day it comes down to the one thing that matters most, and that is what do you believe in, on your knees or dying on your feet, if the thing this country stands for is freedom then my country gets my blood and guts strewn across this green and pleasant land once more, for the generations to come to enjoy what it stands for, no land for soy boys, gotta die one day, in life no-one gets out alive, 👍

Great sentiment mate, I'd rather live a week as a Lion, than a lifetime as a sheep!👏👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RobinJ said:

...because what we need is more bloodshed to feed the loosh.

Those platitudes sound great on paper, but what do they achieve?

Ummmmm, survival perhaps, i'm not talking about having an army to stand with, i am talking about standing alone, as you would as the title of this topic suggests,

Have you ever been in a situation where the only thing you have to survive is yourself, if not you need to try it sometime and then you will know, and it does not need to be in some wilderness somewhere, you can do this in an urban setting as many already do, set yourself a task and go live as a tramp, deny yourself everything except the clothes on your back, do this for just one week and you will quickly learn about the dangers of being dependent on anything other than yourself and the importance of real relationships whether it be with the nature you find yourself in or those that are formed with others to sustain your survival, and how trust is never given but earned, the last three and a half years should be the biggest lesson in trust there has ever been.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, sock muppet said:

Ummmmm, survival perhaps, i'm not talking about having an army to stand with, i am talking about standing alone, as you would as the title of this topic suggests,

Have you ever been in a situation where the only thing you have to survive is yourself, if not you need to try it sometime and then you will know, and it does not need to be in some wilderness somewhere, you can do this in an urban setting as many already do, set yourself a task and go live as a tramp, deny yourself everything except the clothes on your back, do this for just one week and you will quickly learn about the dangers of being dependent on anything other than yourself and the importance of real relationships whether it be with the nature you find yourself in or those that are formed with others to sustain your survival, and how trust is never given but earned, the last three and a half years should be the biggest lesson in trust there has ever been.

Well considering I live alone in a forest off grid, yeah I have considered it plenty 😂

I don't sit on a computer all day preaching and not doing like most.

One day, most likely not that far away, there's a strong probability the Internet will be taken down, or the grid. All the chatter won't make any difference then.

I also created a space to share survival and off grid stuff.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/15/2023 at 4:08 PM, RobinJ said:

...because what we need is more bloodshed to feed the loosh.

Those platitudes sound great on paper, but what do they achieve?

agreed. why join the commotion if you are smart enough and able to live freely off the grid, and off the land.
everything we need is found in nature. food, water, medicine and transport.

im not disregarding the advancement of technology, modernisation,etc, but we keep going backwards (by design)

in the not so distant past...

- poor people had horses and carts while only the rich and elite had cars, now the rich and elite have horses which they race - and we even support them by buying tickets on the bets, and the poor masses are locked into dependance on the system with cars, having no horses of their own anymore - free transport

- "poor" people had land and animals which sustained them while the rich and elite had businesses and factories. now the poor people are working in those businesses and factories while the rich and elite are relaxing at their farmhouses and buying up more and more agricultural lands.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, RobinJ said:

Well considering I live alone in a forest off grid, yeah I have considered it plenty 😂

One day, most likely not that far away, there's a strong probability the Internet will be taken down, or the grid. All the chatter won't make any difference then.

On the day the grid goes down I will carry on as usual. Sitting in a nice warm house with a good book eating whatever I have stored or grown. I won't miss the internet either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, shabbirss said:

agreed. why join the commotion if you are smart enough and able to live freely off the grid, and off the land.

im not disregarding the advancement of technology, modernisation,etc, but we keep going backwards (by design)

- poor people had horses and carts while only the rich and elite had cars, now the rich and elite have horses which they race - and we even support them by buying tickets on the bets, and the poor masses are locked into dependance on the system with cars, having no horses of their own anymore - free transport

- "poor" people had land and animals which sustained them while the rich and elite had businesses and factories. now the poor people are working in those businesses and factories while the rich and elite are relaxing at their farmhouses and buying up more and more agricultural lands.

Very well said!

• Thanks 2

23 hours ago, shabbirss said:

Well the interesting part about Mexico is that most people who live in rural areas still have animals and grow food. The middle class and city / town dwellers are like everywhere else, fully system indoctrinated. Those who survive will likely be the mountain folks who carry on as normal, they just won't need to hawk their produce for money.

Even many of the so called freedom people still buy property in towns,  yet they say they know what's going on in the world. 

Many programmed people on all sides still hanging on to fear of loss in all its formats, too scared to let go of a system that rapes them daily.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 11/16/2023 at 1:31 PM, RobinJ said:

On 11/17/2023 at 2:44 PM, RobinJ said:

Well the interesting part about Mexico is that most people who live in rural areas still have animals and grow food. The middle class and city / town dwellers are like everywhere else, fully system indoctrinated. Those who survive will likely be the mountain folks who carry on as normal, they just won't need to hawk their produce for money.

Even many of the so called freedom people still buy property in towns,  yet they say they know what's going on in the world. 

Many programmed people on all sides still hanging on to fear of loss in all its formats, too scared to let go of a system that rapes them daily.

So do you live in a forest in Mexico? 
Do you use solar panels and small turbines to charge battery banks, or do you use candles for light and stove for heating/cooking? 

It sounds great, exactly what I need to do, but I know it can be incredibly hard if you havnt got the knowledge together, but I’m sure you’ve got the skills and know how to survive. 

I’m still experimenting with cob as a building technique as one day I’d like to make a cob roundhouse, but building with it means you still need cement as foundations, cob needs good ‘legs’ if it’s to last for decades. The base needs to be at least a foot and a half deep and at least two feet off the ground to avoid soaking up groundwater and becoming soft and disintegrating. I use brick and concrete rubble held together with a standard concrete mix with a bit of added charcoal. I’ve already built the foundations in our old field but the council won’t let me continue as you need planning permission to build anything with a concrete footing, and I didn’t apply for anything. 
The cob bricks I’ve been perfecting are a cubit long and half a cubit wide, I built a form out of hardwood so every brick is identical. It takes a lot of time and energy to produce one brick, but you can mortar them together with simple ‘slip’ cob that contains no straw.

A wooden frame will take the weight of the roof, which will be a reciprocal framed roof, and I’ll install an underfloor rocket stove heating system which will cover the area of the flooring. This has to be made when your pouring your foundations and base layer, or you can leave the floor bare and dig it into the earth and once finished cover it with a layer of ‘slip’ cob, we don’t want any straw in that layer as the stove exhaust snakes it’s way up and down the floor. Too hot and it may ignite the straw underground.

In time I think more and more people will be seeing off grid living as a viable option. 
Another thing I’d like to get involved with is building underground, but for that you need excavators, steel sheeting, welders and we’re talking tens of thousands which I havnt got.

Best stick to wood and cob for now!