• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A link to hundreds of free survival pdf guides.   https://seasonedcitizenprepper.com/preparedness-downloads/?fbclid=IwAR0pFLk3I34O11po4Nn23MG9jhBU3AdmEMAmeOa49hPw83-JmCRMq_-HZdI

Here is another to 14.8gb, 6922 files, of mainly text files regarding all sorts of survival information   http://ps-survival.com    

Thanks everyone for all the info.   One of the things that worries me is making sure that none of my family needs to go to a hospital, or see a doctor, unless absolutely necessary.  

Posted Images

Posted (edited)

https://seasonedcitizenprepper.com/

Not to say it will be a problem for everyone but personally I can't get (most/any?) of the links to work so far here (which all seem to connect at google docs)... But thats possibly as I am not a google registering person per se (if at all, currently that is the case) and my phone updates ceased 3 or 4 years ago.

https://seasonedcitizenprepper.com/

Thanks anyway Mito Eve.

^^^Still worth a look around^^^ anyway, even without google connectivity. 

--------

And to Lake's suggestion...

http://ps-survival.com/

Text files on that site you post welcome too, and they all work (for me) I think... Thanks! 

*Some content* will directly download a PDF though as oppose to show you just text as you browse online. 

Edited by TetraG
Posted (edited)

Carry anywhere--- small WaterLily Turbine to make electric anywhere.. 

https://worldwaterreserve.com/self-sufficiency/waterlily-turbine-review/

ALSO GREAT IDEA BY THE LOOKS IS>>

Carry anywhere--- Biolite-CampStove is electric producing by feeding twigs, leaves or fuel pellets, this burning bits of organic matter whilst you use your stove at the same time I believe (since its all ONE UNIT) makes electric conversion from that for charging small gadgets like camera or phone! 

https://worldwaterreserve.com/self-sufficiency/biolite-campstove-2-review/

Edited by TetraG
  • Thanks 1

We have missed our chance to make birch sap wine this year because the tree needs to be tapped in march when the sap rises but the dandelions are out so its a good time to make dandelion wine:

1 litre dandelion heads

1.25kg sugar

2.25g sultanas

1 large grapefruit

1 level teaspoon ground ginger

1 teaspoon wine yeast

1. Remove all traces of the stem which would give the wine a bitter taste

2. Place the heads, sultanas, sugar and ginger in the fermentation bucket and add 2 litres of boiling water

3. Add the juice of the grapefruit, taking care to ensure that none of the pith which would also give the wine a bitter taste is transferred to the liquid. Provide a further 1 litre of tap water before adding the yeast

4. After 7 days, strain and transfer to a demijohn; top up with tap water

5. Allow the fermentation to conclude before syphoning into bottles

6. Store the cleared wine for three months before drinking

Country Wines, Beers & Beverages by Brian Leverett

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for all the info.

One of the things that worries me is making sure that none of my family needs to go to a hospital, or see a doctor, unless absolutely necessary.

My first aid cupboard staples include essential oils, manuka honey and apple cider vinegar, which are all really powerful but safe if used properly.

The essential oils I would prioritise are (although not everyone maybe agrees!!)

1. Tea tree. I would put this first because it has such powerful antiseptic properties, antifungal, antiviral, and can be used neat.

2. Lavender, Very close second, I always have loads of this in. It treats burns, is skin healing, relaxing, good for anxiety, headaches, can be used neat, antiseptic, etc.

3. Clove- can be used for toothache, in the first lockdown, I cannot believe they closed dentists. Have a dental first aid kit in too.

4. Eucalyptus- great for respiratory problems, flu.

5. Orange- uplifting, antibacterial, treats anxiety. 

None of the above oils are very expensive.

Also growing herbs is a very good idea, for health and for tasty meals. 

Lugol's Solution, aka iodine, is said to treat depression and counteracts the effects of smart meter radiation allegedly.

I witnessed the powerful healing of apple cider vinegar when my kids had Molloscum Contagiosum. The useless doctor confirmed that was what it was, but didn't give us anything to treat it with!!!!!!! It normally can take years literally to disappear. 2 weeks of ACV treatment, taping cotton wool balls soaked in ACV onto the spots.

They hated it, but it worked!!!

I told my friend about it and it worked for her kids too. 

What else apart from obviously bandages etc. would you recommend?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Pina Colada said:

Thanks everyone for all the info.

One of the things that worries me is making sure that none of my family needs to go to a hospital, or see a doctor, unless absolutely necessary.

My first aid cupboard staples include essential oils, manuka honey and apple cider vinegar, which are all really powerful but safe if used properly.

The essential oils I would prioritise are (although not everyone maybe agrees!!)

1. Tea tree. I would put this first because it has such powerful antiseptic properties, antifungal, antiviral, and can be used neat.

2. Lavender, Very close second, I always have loads of this in. It treats burns, is skin healing, relaxing, good for anxiety, headaches, can be used neat, antiseptic, etc.

3. Clove- can be used for toothache, in the first lockdown, I cannot believe they closed dentists. Have a dental first aid kit in too.

4. Eucalyptus- great for respiratory problems, flu.

5. Orange- uplifting, antibacterial, treats anxiety. 

None of the above oils are very expensive.

Also growing herbs is a very good idea, for health and for tasty meals. 

Lugol's Solution, aka iodine, is said to treat depression and counteracts the effects of smart meter radiation allegedly.

I witnessed the powerful healing of apple cider vinegar when my kids had Molloscum Contagiosum. The useless doctor confirmed that was what it was, but didn't give us anything to treat it with!!!!!!! It normally can take years literally to disappear. 2 weeks of ACV treatment, taping cotton wool balls soaked in ACV onto the spots.

They hated it, but it worked!!!

I told my friend about it and it worked for her kids too. 

What else apart from obviously bandages etc. would you recommend?

Guns, knives and plenty ammo!!! Because the have-nots will want to take everything from you.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, webtrekker said:

Guns, knives and plenty ammo!!! Because the have-nots will want to take everything from you.

Difficult in the UK to say the least,however there are remedies to that,garden sheds are full of interesting items,Taking up archery as a competitive sport  skys the limit of your imagination

and on the subject of preparedness first aid etc menthol crystals can be a bonus

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, whatthefoxhat said:

Difficult in the UK to say the least,however there are remedies to that,garden sheds are full of interesting items,Taking up archery as a competitive sport  skys the limit of your imagination

and on the subject of preparedness first aid etc menthol crystals can be a bonus

Had never heard of menthol crystal, a great tip, thank you.

http://eurospaaromatics.com/aromatherapy/ways-use-menthol-crystals-improve-quality-of-life/

Also from that article, aloe vera, grows so easily, and witch hazel.

26 minutes ago, whatthefoxhat said:

Archery- yes, Daryl from the walking Dead!!

Also Army Surplus shops.

Btw, tried to watch Utopia on Prime, paid 10p lol to watch first episode, and it wouldn't let me watch it!! Will try again later!!!

1 minute ago, Pina Colada said:

Had never heard of menthol crystal, a great tip, thank you.

http://eurospaaromatics.com/aromatherapy/ways-use-menthol-crystals-improve-quality-of-life/

Also from that article, aloe vera, grows so easily, and witch hazel.

A few menthol crystals in sauna water you throw on the coals can be very invigorating,don't use too much though,we once did in a sauna we had at work (i worked on a scandinavian vessel,so much ,more civilised the scandi's) it's effects are like tear gas !

Just now, whatthefoxhat said:

A few menthol crystals in sauna water you throw on the coals can be very invigorating,don't use too much though,we once did in a sauna we had at work (i worked on a scandinavian vessel,so much ,more civilised the scandi's) it's effects are like tear gas !

Yes, essential oils are so powerful. Less is more sometimes!!

1 minute ago, Pina Colada said:

Yes, essential oils are so powerful. Less is more sometimes!!

Iodine tincture which as far as i'm aware is still available in the UK can be used as a water purifier,as can ordinary household bleach (check dose rates for both and % of hypochlorite in the bleach,should be marked clearly on the label)

Superglue can be used for cuts most effectively and a small tube can be had from the pound/dollar shop and takes up no room (stings a bit but really does work well for even quite deep cuts if suturing isn't an easily available option)

Tampons can be used for tinder as well as wound covers when broken open and used whole to plug severe holes in humans

A SAK (swiss army knife or generic equivalent) is always handy for a multitude of uses and again the skys the limit in how much you want to spend knife blade scissors,tweezers all handy in a first aid situation as can a couple of pairs of latex or nitrile gloves,they pack exceedingly small and again can be used as tinder in an emergency and its easy to improvise a face shield in the event of needing to administer cpr,they also carry water quite well

When i consider things for inclusion in emergency packs the item always has to have at least 2 uses and the more the merrier

On 5/12/2021 at 12:39 AM, Macnamara said:

We have missed our chance to make birch sap wine this year because the tree needs to be tapped in march when the sap rises but the dandelions are out so its a good time to make dandelion wine:

1 litre dandelion heads

1.25kg sugar

2.25g sultanas

1 large grapefruit

1 level teaspoon ground ginger

1 teaspoon wine yeast

1. Remove all traces of the stem which would give the wine a bitter taste

2. Place the heads, sultanas, sugar and ginger in the fermentation bucket and add 2 litres of boiling water

3. Add the juice of the grapefruit, taking care to ensure that none of the pith which would also give the wine a bitter taste is transferred to the liquid. Provide a further 1 litre of tap water before adding the yeast

4. After 7 days, strain and transfer to a demijohn; top up with tap water

5. Allow the fermentation to conclude before syphoning into bottles

6. Store the cleared wine for three months before drinking

Country Wines, Beers & Beverages by Brian Leverett

the dandelion wine is now fermenting in a demijohn and then will be put in bottles for 3 months so won't get to enjoy it for a while. I am however enjoying some dandelion jam

28 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

the dandelion wine is now fermenting in a demijohn and then will be put in bottles for 3 months so won't get to enjoy it for a while. I am however enjoying some dandelion jam

I'd quite like some lettuce opium as an after dinner treat but i have yet to find it in the wild where i live ! (i don't use alcohol but one has to have at least several vices !)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Pina Colada said:

Archery- yes, Daryl from the walking Dead!!

Also Army Surplus shops.

Btw, tried to watch Utopia on Prime, paid 10p lol to watch first episode, and it wouldn't let me watch it!! Will try again later!!!

In the corona virus megathread there were a few links to episodes a few days back,and i'm sure someone posted a link to both series (UK version) a quick search should highlight them

• Thanks 1