You can still paintball though without a license .... Maybe something like a Umarex T4E HDR TR50 Which is limited in the UK to 7.5 joules (elsewhere you can get the 11 joule version) and even at that, it is too strong for many paintball fields .... so is used for target practice unless restricted down to 275 fps from the approx 300 fps. Of course .... You should NEVER use the rubber 0.50 cal target rounds on the field .... nor ever get the value tuning kit which changes the 7.5 joules