A common pattern in sci-fi

Chris L

Been watching David Icke videos for a while (before they were banned) and I haven't read any of his books. Maybe I will. I'm mostly just going on personal experiences. I have noticed that in our fantasy media there seems to be some patterns. For example in Warhammer 40k (fantasy universe), Andromeda (sci-fi series), Farscape (sci-fi series), Event Horizon (sci-fi movie), Star Track, Star Wars (pretty sure everyone on here knows those two). In Warhammer 40k there's a dimension called "the warp" / "unreality" / immaterium" / "literal hell" and it's where emotions that were not be expressed by the living (but not only human's) builds up and the warp itself is one single consciousness that responds to genuine emotions and can grant wishes in a sense and it is said to "know" everything that has ever happened. Time works differently in this dimension... maybe because time in related to mass and the density of pure emotion is very low compared to that of physical matter but that's just speculation as to why it maybe different. In Warhammer 40K this dimension is used to travel faster than the speed of light. They use spacecraft with something called a "Gellar field" that creates a barrier of "real space" between them and the forces that exist within the dimension of "unreality". The early efforts by mankind to harness faster than light travel via means of this dimension resulted in a very much "Event Horizon" type of experience for the crews. In Warhammer 40K this dimension is filled with different life forms, I say "life forms"... though they were never technically born in physical reality. The reason given in Warhammer 40K for this is simply that emotion is changed and given form by the creative consciousness that is the intrinsic nature of "the warp" / "unreality". For example the emotion of enough rage might create a "being" that is combative and hostile in its appearance and capabilities. There are also "god beings" in Warhammer 40k that I suppose are massive concentrations of a similar emotion and who have been given form by the nature of "the warp". I heard a guru say that "karma" just means "go" / "action" / "motive force", and in Warhammer 40K the gods could be considered massive accumulations of "motive force" that has been given form... almost it seems as if to help this unexpressed emotion be expressed; because the universe helps by giving them capabilities to help them towards this end; it is almost like the universe is trying to get to homeostasis. In fact, in one of the Fabius Bile books (set in Warhammer 40k) Fabius describes demons as an effort by the universe to heal itself of a cosmic wound and described the gods as a phenomena that happens when the normal checks and balances of the universe haven't worked or when they haven't been allowed to work properly. Anyway... in all the above mentioned fantasy media that we have made, we use a different dimension to travel faster than the speed of light. In Farscape their living ship creates a tunnel or uses a pre existing tunnel network to jump safely. In one episode of Farscape they collided with another vessel during a jump and a part of their living ship was now stuck outside of the tunnel and scary shadowy arms with claws started trying to reach into their vessel and a demon of some kind did get onboard and it was extremely hostile.  In Andromeda it described a different dimension they had entered as "literal hell", where what they believed changed things and so it was "less real" than the physical reality that they had come from. In Star Track they use "warp drives" to make jumps. I don't know what they use in Star Wars to make their jumps but they use jumps to. In Warhammer 40k there is a spacefaring empire of humankind and they don't necessarily tell regular people what is on the other side of the Gellar Fields and onboard some imperial spacecraft it wouldn't ever even be mentioned. In Warhammer 40K the empire of mankind is scared of creativity and invention because every single (almost every single) human has a connection to the warp. Which is their inner light, which also creates their aura and usually it is fine in that we seem to be separate but also connected to the warp and don't usually act like a gateway for demons or something. "the warp" itself is said to be totally neutral in the sense that it just is responding to the emotions that the living have put into it and that once, a long time ago, it was relatively safe to be in the warp but as time has gone on... most of the emotions that were unexpressed were negative but not wholly, but the vast majority. Hence why it could be called "literal hell". What do you think? Real pattern? or are sci-fi writers just copying each other?

Edited by Chris L
typo's
  • Like 2

>or are sci-fi writers just copying each other?

That.

80 years of creative people reading all manner of physics and religious stuff twirling it around and making it both readable and fun to read.

Occasionally you find stories that make you wonder exactly what the writer knew and is trying to sneak through...

Try The Illuminatus Trilogy by Robert Anton Wilson and Robert Shea.

Then seek out any other books by Robert Anton Wilson.

And who wouldn't want to live in The Culture? (Iain M. Banks)

• Like 1

Welcome to the fold, Chris! 

That was an interesting little read! 

I'm not sure how to answer other than to say that I'm a Pantheist so I believe everything is one thing >> IOW I subscribe to the holographic reality theory >> ergo I believe that it's certainly possible that several different scriptwriters are tuning in to the same information frequencies and unwittingly producing the same range of ideas.

@gregory_peccary suggested that they're copying each other - which I do agree with - but from my perspective part of the reason they're copying each other is because we're all one thing reflecting each other and are in effect expressions of each other.. so it's not unfamiliar to me to believe that we're all channeling different versions of the same source.

I've just had a very stiff drink for the first time in a long time so does that make sense or does it sound like a barrel of bollocks? 💚 🤪

• Like 1

On 3/24/2021 at 9:14 PM, TFH said:

Welcome to the fold, Chris! 

Thanks TFH. Following on what the original post a little bit... the Emperor of mankind in Warhammer 40K is some kind of energy vampire and is highly supernatural and powerful. It is said that the Emperor had a battle with a shard of a "C'tan" that was situated on Mars. A C'tan is a god entity that is a very different type of god from the gods of "the warp". They also go by the names of Star Gods or Star Vampires and are represent by the symbol of the dragon. They seem to influence the beings around them to go more in the way of technology and hard logic and to view "flesh" as weak, often choosing to replace parts of their own bodies with "superior" mechanical substitutes. In Warhammer the dragon could be said to represent Order and the emotional motive forces that exist within the warp Chaos. In Andromeda there was a battle/struggle going on between the Sun Gods and the Gods of a different dimension that was "less real" than physical reality and was also extremely hostile (aka the warp). In Warhammer the C'tan / Star Gods are the oldest intelligences known to have ever existed within the universe and they may have always existed. In Farscape a priestess said that their adversary practiced "old magic" ie. that he was a vampire. Just like the C'tan's in Warhammer this vampire was able to create pocket dimensions and bend reality. The Priestess worshiped a deity of the warp aka a god entity that, going by Warhammer lore, was created by the emotions of living beings and therefore was not as old as a C'tan. I watched a video on YouTube that was about Warhammer 40k where the creator went on something of a random rant about the curtailing of human language, though it was all fantasy references he was quoting but it also wasn't Warhammer 40K and thus seemed a bit random, but what he said was interesting too me because he spoke about the rulers of mankind (although from a different fantasy universe) changing humans somehow so that we can only take things in one way... so we can't understand things that we could before. Subsequently it has occurred to me that if creativity is connected to the warp and is possibly the source of all creativity then the only way to really stop humans from knowing the truth about reality is to make it so all fantasy is put into one box (in our minds) and all others things, things that happen in physical reality, into another box. That way, when someone writes a story with some truth, but it's fantasy, no one is going to take it seriously. Let me try to give an example of how blind we maybe have become. 

Dracula... association : bats.

Batman... association : bats.

Does anyone associate them?

Joker said he was an agent of chaos. Bain was a member of something called the league of shadows and he said that the shadows belong to him. He also said that they were living on borrowed time and that he was a necessary evil. A quote that was posted online repeatedly from the latest Joker movie was "we live in a society". 

I think there are other dimensions other than physical reality and the warp that could exist.  Like a ghost realm. Because I think the ghost realm in fantasy is in "real space" and is not the warp and the warp is often represented as many bright colours as if representing many turbulent forces. Also, because Astartes (protectors for the empire of mankind) in Warhammer 40K are literally Angels and Angels are beings of spirit and they definitely have no wish to live in the warp. Vampires in fantasy, I think, perhaps are really set in a realm that's every close to ours, that is the ghost realm, for the lack of a better term. I think that the "toxic waste" that the Joker fell into during his creation could be the negative energies of "the warp". We have many traditions and there are many spiritual beliefs from all around the world that believe in a "ghost realm" and it is why we maybe still leave flowers at graves and say things like "have some respect for the dead!" in movies when someone is running through a graveyard while listening to music or something.

I became very unwell and I thought I was seeing ghosts and could feel things and I was diagnosed with schizophrenia. What are common symptoms of schizophrenia aside from paranoia and nonsensical thinking? hearing voices and seeing shadows. So if the human brain just "randomly goes wrong" why the same kinds of symptoms? Anyway, with what I perceived it doesn't really make sense, if it were real, that it was the warp judging by fantasy.  I would say that the League of Shadows and Batman and his society exist in the shadows mostly, but definitely not in the warp, if it were true. In Norse mythology they speak of a battle between Giants and Gods and in Warhammer 40k the Angels of the empire of mankind are literally giants and they, if I am right, are definitely on the side of order and the gods of the warp, definitely on the side chaos. And normal living humans I think are the empire of mankind's batteries. 

Warning. I think that it is possible that because of by diagnosis/condition that I may have something of a "warped mind" ;)

Also, I read that when we die our lights go out and we feel OK for a while but not for long and I think it is why the Catholic Church would pray for someone's relative if they were paid. That was service they used to do, where a father might pay for them to pray for his lost daughter (ie send positive her energy with her image in their minds). And the reason, if it's true, that the empire of mankind in Warhammer 40k can't cut us off from creativity is because they need our inner lights and in Warhammer 40k our lights, for whatever reason, are always connected to the warp. Thus, the second best option for them is to make us be unable to connect the dots. 

Also, the yin yang symbol is really meant to be spinning which makes grey (rep. non duality) and so that the 2 forces of yin and yang are chasing each other and it reminds me of the serpent that is forever eating its own tail because... there's only one universal consciousness and there's karma or "motive force" created for doing certain things. Like the Batman movies represent maybe where some people take from others... creating negativity.. while some people are very determined to pay them back for the favor. In the "the dark knight rises" it never really makes it totally clear whether the "dark knight" is really Batman or really Bain, though we would assume Batman just as we assume that he has done nothing to deserve being attacked by the Joker and by Bain. Or maybe it is really a neutral title and it just depends on ones perspective.

Edited by Chris L

I said that the C'tan's symbol was a dragon but what I meant in retrospect is that its other name is the void dragon (along with star god, star vampire in 40K). In the yin and yang simple one side has the outer color of white and a small inner circle of black and this to me would represent Order and the void dragon. That's because the white outside represent selflessness and the inner circle, selfishness. The emperor of mankind was a beautiful and radiant being to see but he was absolutely logical and ruthless. Bane is represented by the other side, that is inverted from that, I would think. Very selfish on the outside but not really at his core. His plan was to blow up Gotham along with himself and he saw it as necessary.  "I'm Gotham's reckoning, here to end the borrowed time you've all been living on." - Bane; that implies to me that he is talking about an "an imbalance of trades". If the cosmos likes to go back to neutral and to be in homeostasis then his actions from the cosmos's perspective do maybe make sense.  In Dragonball z the good guys who get to go to heaven collected dragon balls for a giant dragon entity.  In the Fabius Bile books (which are really, really good IMO and the audiobooks are great) one of the more spiritual characters says that in the universe if you do not wield the knife then you must lay on the stone ie. those are our only two options. IDK but sometimes who wields the knife and who lays on the stone seems to switch in those books. A rough quote, from a loyal Astartes to a disloyal Astartes (aka fallen Astartes/Angel) "what happened? did you dance too close to the razors edge and spill your guts into the serpents mouth?". Fabius, the main character, said that his father swallowed a serpent and it devoured him; to which another Astartes said "it devoured us all". It never explains what it means. It never explains why it keeps mentioning serpents. Or why Fulgrim, Fabius's father, has a serpents tail for legs. I might have been way off base with some of this stuff. Or all of it. So please bare that in mind.

Edited by Chris L

I would just like to say that the reason I think I am saying all this stuff is because I am scared. I think I am projecting my fear but I still feel compelled to do it, like I want someone to understand so I don't feel so alone. If you don't want to know what might be true (theoretically and from my pattern gathering) then don't read on.

Like I already mentioned I think we could have been perhaps modified so that we can't believe that fantasy is really real or, even if we haven't, I still think we have a real problem doing it.

I can't remember the following quotes word for word but I remember the points that was being made.

Alan Watts (a spiritual teacher who I think is legitimate) said "the universe is like the sky at night, mostly darkness but when you look up, you only see the stars"

Alan Watts "(spiritual) seekers are always the most disappointed"

Alan Watts "sometimes the other side wins" or cuz I don't remember, "sometimes the other side has to win".

Alan Watts "in America you live in a democracy. Wouldn't it be unthinkable that we could live in a Monarchy?"

Alan Watts "A king has guards with weapons because a kings rules by force"

Alan Watts "an astronaut when into out of space and saw the face of god and when he came back everyone asked: well? what does he look like? and the astronaut replied: she's black"

Ram Das (another spiritual guy who I think is legit) "traditionally Christain's in the west haven't trusted guru's and they're right not to"

Shiva in an Indian religion (I can't remember which) is called "Shiva the destroyer" and she represents the negative feminine. You maybe don't know what the negative feminine really is reader, but in my "seeking" I have come to the conclusion that it's basically doing whatever you want to whoever you want (if you can) and it just depends on how you feel. It's "feelings first" and there's nothing "reasonable" afaik, about it. "the warp" - the one cosmic consciousness in Warhammer, destroys almost everything overtime (maybe not a super advanced race or individual) but it breaks down what enters it in time and sometimes makes something new. Mutations that people got, in Fabius Bile, were consider by some to be a very bad thing and by others to be a blessing from the gods and it was stated that Fabius Bile was a cocoon for something.. a "neverborn" (aka demon/divine being) without a mind... and that it was to be his ending and his new beginning. 

Anyway, a symbol of Chaos is "the wheel" in Warhammer 40K and I believe that it is also a buddhist symbol. In Warhammer 40k when a chaos cult infiltrates a human world they do it by coming across as being really nice (at first) and being really benevolent, so that the population accepts them. In India they believe a guru can leave their bodies as a ghost and I think most occult activity really happens in the ghost realm and thus what they get up to, to most of us is not obvious at all.

Also, people hardly even believe in ghosts now or the spirit realm, which I think is entirely intentional, as is making creatures like "the little mermaid" seem super cute, and portraying vampires as heart throbs, making batman the hero, making witchcraft seem cute and fun. 

A Lovecraft quote "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.". 

Anyway... there's a lot more crap like this in my brain and that's why I keep adding more comments. And I mean a lot. I had a dream once where I was a ghost underground in a cavern ( I had been seeing ghosts, hearing voices, feeling things like wifi for a quite a while before hand but I didnt tell anyone and I wasn't diagnosed as schitzo yet) and a ghostly woman was holding my hand. There was an entity down there, who I never saw; I only felt his terrible, awful aura. His energy overwhelmed me with pure terror. I saw someone with no skin down there; I saw a watchtower in the future, and I felt that terrible things were going to happen to people to create the watchtower. I woke up feeling a feeling of terror. It is possible to go temporary completely insane from experiencing overwhelming terror, if only for a few seconds during my experience of it. Ever since I've felt some pain all over my body at night, like a burning sensation but I don't feel very much of astral things... only a little bit and so it is very mild.

I think I am maybe in some kind of trauma. But I had to tell someone. someone who doest just laugh at me or do fake empathy and who also thinks that im just insane.

Lyrics from jimmy Hendrix song "all along the watchtower"

There must be some kind of way outta here
Said the joker to the thief
There's too much confusion
I can't get no relief
Business men, they drink my wine
Plowmen dig my earth
None will level on the line
Nobody offered his word
Hey, hey
No reason to get excited
The thief, he kindly spoke
There are many here among us
Who feel that life is but a joke
But, uh, but you and I, we've been through that
And this is not our fate
So let us stop talkin' falsely now
The hour's getting late, hey
Hey
All along the watchtower
Princes kept the view
While all the women came and went
Barefoot servants, too
Well, uh, outside in the cold distance
A wildcat did growl
Two riders were approaching
And the wind began to howl, hey
All along the watchtower
All along the watchtower

Blood and wine represent life force commonly I realised. Basically everything that happens I think is controlled from behind the scenes and it's a total joke... everything. We r like farm animals or something or like a farmer's crop.

Edited by Chris L

I don't even think that this is the real world. And it gets super weird when people like guru's and people talk in double speak. They can say something in a certain tone of voice but they mean something else. Everyone normal just accept the way it was said. but like with Alan Watts, when you ignore "how" he say it, then you realise "what" he is actually saying. They can manipulate us so easily, just with how they come across or they say something. So, if they seem really nice or say something in a really nice way, most people just accept what they say, no matter what it is, almost, as being meant as something nice and that's a filter they use so that only some people can actually understand what they are saying. Listen to Alans Watts on YouTube if you dont believe me. Everyone think he's such a nice guy but listen to what he actually says. Alan, in one video, went on and on for ages about clothes and one of the things he said was "some people love making clothes so much that they don't even see it as work". You probably don't understand how f*cking scary everything really is. My life has been horrible and I have perceived awful things. I just am scared is all. I know what suffering is, mental suffering in my case mostly but I know that I dont know how bad things can get and that is scary. Suffering, like I have, sucks so so so much but the truth is, I don't know what suffering's depths are but I do know that it's unimaginably bad. I mean, there's agony and there's agony... and they're not the freaking same. think toothache from a hole to the nerve is bad? and an emergency? yeah it is bad but it still aint sh*t, it ain't sh*t at all. know why a lady in America cut her hub's d*ck off and thought it would grow back again bigger? because she read it in some book about witchcraft, but it means: emotionally subjugate someone so they can't stick up for themselves because then their "shadow" gets angry and scary and aggressive ie the emotions they are made to reject doesn't go away, it remains in our "shadow" and they create "monsters out of men" but not in this dimension for the most part. Teal Swan said (who is another Alan Watts) when you die you become whole and she wants people to become "whole" while they we are still alive and she call it "oneness" and "shadow work" is about accepting your shadow ie everything you ever rejected. Plus, it seems to me, some other random crap that aint necessarily even yours.  like some other motive forces, which is why the joker I think fell into a load of others people's negativity, cuz he look so weird and he said "what doesn't kill you makes you stranger". The gods in Warhammer 40k are called the gods of chaos and the joker literally said that he is an agent of chaos. There are "warp storms" in warhammer 40k (ever heard of witches stirring up a storm in other fantasy? or creating a storm?). low vibrations are mostly considered cold and dark btw. Shiva is darkness according to sadhguru,a real guru. And darkness is the foundation of the universe according to Alan Watts... he said that as well as: the universe is mostly darkness. From the hendrix song:

So let us stop talkin' falsely now
The hour's getting late, hey
Hey
All along the watchtower
Princes kept the view
While all the women came and went
Barefoot servants, too
Well, uh, outside in the cold distance
A wildcat did growl
Two riders were approaching
And the wind began to howl, hey

Idk, I think I am losing my sh*t. but it's just that, it's f*cking serious but no one seems to take it seriously. Idk what David is or how he know what he know or if he knows more than he lets on or not. But,, idk. it just is way f*cking more serious than... how he say it as cuz his vibe. He get cross but he upbeat so... idk. but his vibe not reflect reality . and his son, how he is. bless him. nice young man. but he not know sh*t abut it. it all vibration. or maybe I just in a dark place. maybe my ghost in a different dimension. Teal Swan said the sad truth is that some people living in different dimensions. And obviously she not talking about the physical body cuz that dont make sense. She means, Im pretty sure, that people's vibrations can differ so much that they in a different level of ... whatever you call "ghost dimensions". David's son obviously been living in the light and that's good. The Emperor of Mankind in warhammer said that humans aren't meant to live in the dark and he pull humanity out of the dark but he also consumes human psychics, like 500 or 1000 a day or something. Alan watts said about abysmal darkness. That's why they want our light, because the dark sssuuucccks.

Edited by Chris L

something that happened to me I think is that my consciousness split in half. Teal Swan talks about it and I think it happened to Jordon Peterson too.. he say things like "be careful about giving away unearned empathy", "be like a loaded weapon", "dont let yourself become harmless"... but is saying the things that he needs to do. He is saying things that one side learnt but the other side of him isnt listening and so he telling everyone else but he not done any of those things for himself. I mean that all this information that half of me sees, half of me is having a hard time in accepting it so I telling you. 

I guess I got to accept my fear and that it's serious. I feel a lot of fear, like a layer of fear in me sometimes but im so use to rejecting it.

One person say that when someone go schizophrenic, like I did not too long after that dream I had, that something went wrong. She legit I thought. A guru say that it shouldnt really happen. Another say that part of their Astral body or ghost or whatever started to crack apart and I felt something comeback to me, something around my head... like part of it came back in astral, on the left side, and it felt good but I still feel "cracks". Sadhguru say that for those people, they really suffer. Ram Das said should people use "trauma" for spiritual growth in an interview with some creepy "skull face" guy, if it increases violence? and I know someone did this to me. but nvm about how I know. people who walk among us in physical I mean.

When I say "went schitzo"  not long after the dream, I mean that I really went nuts. before I just thought that they ghosts I see and life were difficult for me but could work just about and lived in a rented room in a flat share. I mean that soon after that is when I really went off of the rails big time style.

Edited by Chris L

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2021 at 7:33 PM, Chris L said:

Been watching David Icke videos for a while (before they were banned) and I haven't read any of his books. Maybe I will. I'm mostly just going on personal experiences. I have noticed that in our fantasy media there seems to be some patterns. For example in Warhammer 40k (fantasy universe), Andromeda (sci-fi series), Farscape (sci-fi series), Event Horizon (sci-fi movie), Star Track, Star Wars (pretty sure everyone on here knows those two). In Warhammer 40k there's a dimension called "the warp" / "unreality" / immaterium" / "literal hell" and it's where emotions that were not be expressed by the living (but not only human's) builds up and the warp itself is one single consciousness that responds to genuine emotions and can grant wishes in a sense and it is said to "know" everything that has ever happened. Time works differently in this dimension... maybe because time in related to mass and the density of pure emotion is very low compared to that of physical matter but that's just speculation as to why it maybe different. In Warhammer 40K this dimension is used to travel faster than the speed of light. They use spacecraft with something called a "Gellar field" that creates a barrier of "real space" between them and the forces that exist within the dimension of "unreality". The early efforts by mankind to harness faster than light travel via means of this dimension resulted in a very much "Event Horizon" type of experience for the crews. In Warhammer 40K this dimension is filled with different life forms, I say "life forms"... though they were never technically born in physical reality. The reason given in Warhammer 40K for this is simply that emotion is changed and given form by the creative consciousness that is the intrinsic nature of "the warp" / "unreality". For example the emotion of enough rage might create a "being" that is combative and hostile in its appearance and capabilities. There are also "god beings" in Warhammer 40k that I suppose are massive concentrations of a similar emotion and who have been given form by the nature of "the warp". I heard a guru say that "karma" just means "go" / "action" / "motive force", and in Warhammer 40K the gods could be considered massive accumulations of "motive force" that has been given form... almost it seems as if to help this unexpressed emotion be expressed; because the universe helps by giving them capabilities to help them towards this end; it is almost like the universe is trying to get to homeostasis. In fact, in one of the Fabius Bile books (set in Warhammer 40k) Fabius describes demons as an effort by the universe to heal itself of a cosmic wound and described the gods as a phenomena that happens when the normal checks and balances of the universe haven't worked or when they haven't been allowed to work properly. Anyway... in all the above mentioned fantasy media that we have made, we use a different dimension to travel faster than the speed of light. In Farscape their living ship creates a tunnel or uses a pre existing tunnel network to jump safely. In one episode of Farscape they collided with another vessel during a jump and a part of their living ship was now stuck outside of the tunnel and scary shadowy arms with claws started trying to reach into their vessel and a demon of some kind did get onboard and it was extremely hostile.  In Andromeda it described a different dimension they had entered as "literal hell", where what they believed changed things and so it was "less real" than the physical reality that they had come from. In Star Track they use "warp drives" to make jumps. I don't know what they use in Star Wars to make their jumps but they use jumps to. In Warhammer 40k there is a spacefaring empire of humankind and they don't necessarily tell regular people what is on the other side of the Gellar Fields and onboard some imperial spacecraft it wouldn't ever even be mentioned. In Warhammer 40K the empire of mankind is scared of creativity and invention because every single (almost every single) human has a connection to the warp. Which is their inner light, which also creates their aura and usually it is fine in that we seem to be separate but also connected to the warp and don't usually act like a gateway for demons or something. "the warp" itself is said to be totally neutral in the sense that it just is responding to the emotions that the living have put into it and that once, a long time ago, it was relatively safe to be in the warp but as time has gone on... most of the emotions that were unexpressed were negative but not wholly, but the vast majority. Hence why it could be called "literal hell". What do you think? Real pattern? or are sci-fi writers just copying each other?

It's a MacGuffin! 

In fiction, a MacGuffin is an object, device, or event that is necessary to the plot and the motivation of the characters, but insignificant, unimportant, or irrelevant in itself. The term was originated by Angus MacPhail for film, adopted by Alfred Hitchcock, and later extended to a similar device in other fiction. The MacGuffin technique is common in films, especially thrillers. Usually, the MacGuffin is revealed in the first act, and thereafter declines in importance. It can reappear at the climax of the story but may actually be forgotten by the end of the story. Multiple MacGuffins are sometimes derisively identified as plot coupons.

All villains are easy to recognise in books and film. 

All interplanetary travel has to combat true reality (relatively 😀) and get over the limitations of light speed.

All 'other dimensions' are covered to sound like you the reader understand it's function without going into too much detail.