Lead Pipes & Unleaded Fuel

2020member

Quick question. 

I'm sure I saw a very small snippet years ago where David was saying that the wholesale removal of lead pipes and unleaded fuel is an inversion. 

Does anyone know the real reason as to why all lead pipes were removed and fuel was made unleaded? (as i'm assuming it isn't what the government would lead us to believe!)

Real reason ???
Often there is a money problem.  For instance lead is a very high quality material to use on flashings and roofs.  You can also use copper and zinc but it's expensive.  So these days they use fibreglass and plastic which is cheap.  Except that it is unnatural and will not break down for hundreds of thousands of years.

Often the "real reason" is economic mixed with ... getting a pretend solution now, which somebody else will pay for in the future.  Like electric cars made of lithium batteries, or nuclear power with the dreaded nuclear waste that nobody deals with or carbon fibre that also cannot be broken down.

Such insanity.

Another example is that chemical companies have waste products which are toxic.  They try to find a reuse for these waste products to spare them the cost of disposal.

For instance plastic and rubber waste products are today used to make roads as aggregate.  Of course this means that in a few hundred years where there were roads there will be toxic rubber piles lumping down the road.

Whereas the tarmac sand rock roads biodegrade reasonably wel..

Such assholes are human beings

Lead in the environment bad for fish, ends up biomagnified up the food chain.

On the other hand many frying pans now made of Aluminium rather than steel ... which causes parkinsons disease.  Why Aluminium is cheaper.

Assholes

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rideforever said:

Real reason ???
Often there is a money problem.  For instance lead is a very high quality material to use on flashings and roofs.  You can also use copper and zinc but it's expensive.  So these days they use fibreglass and plastic which is cheap.  Except that it is unnatural and will not break down for hundreds of thousands of years.

Often the "real reason" is economic mixed with ... getting a pretend solution now, which somebody else will pay for in the future.  Like electric cars made of lithium batteries, or nuclear power with the dreaded nuclear waste that nobody deals with or carbon fibre that also cannot be broken down.

Such insanity.

Another example is that chemical companies have waste products which are toxic.  They try to find a reuse for these waste products to spare them the cost of disposal.

For instance plastic and rubber waste products are today used to make roads as aggregate.  Of course this means that in a few hundred years where there were roads there will be toxic rubber piles lumping down the road.

Whereas the tarmac sand rock roads biodegrade reasonably wel..

Such assholes are human beings

Lead in the environment bad for fish, ends up biomagnified up the food chain.

On the other hand many frying pans now made of Aluminium rather than steel ... which causes parkinsons disease.  Why Aluminium is cheaper.

Assholes

In the far future, the most dangerous profession will be Archaelogy. 😆

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2020member said:

Quick question. 

I'm sure I saw a very small snippet years ago where David was saying that the wholesale removal of lead pipes and unleaded fuel is an inversion. 

Does anyone know the real reason as to why all lead pipes were removed and fuel was made unleaded? (as i'm assuming it isn't what the government would lead us to believe!)

I'm pretty sure Dr Paul Connett was involved in the campaign to remove lead from gasoline a few decades back. As far as I know, it was reducing the IQ of the population.

• Like 1