Jehovah’s Witnesses Believe Armageddon About To Begin

25 minutes ago, DarianF said:

Yes. They've been saying that forever. At some point, you're just a retard.

I know they’ve been saying it forever. - I’m not stupid. - Previously, they say its in twenty years hence or some such thing, many years down the road.

The difference this time, they say specifically its within the year. - They’ve never done this before, given such a short time frame. - They’ve changed their tactics - Desperation possibly ?

I’m just letting ppl know that their Governing Body is sowing huge FEAR into its members. It shows their leaders are -really- putting their backs to the wall.

Edited by SuperstarNeilC

1 minute ago, SuperstarNeilC said:

I know they’ve been saying it forever. - I’m not stupid. - Previously, they say its in ten years hence or some such thing, many years down the road.

The difference this time, they say specifically its within the year. They’ve never done this before. I’m just letting ppl know that their Governing Body is sowing huge FEAR into its members. It shows their leaders are putting their backs to the wall.

Okay. Let's see how it goes this time.

14 hours ago, allymisfit said:

Unfortunately my Grandma got hers :(

Her husband is opposing it though.

Sorry to hear that. My Dad has actually had it too.

I was very close to joining the JW's as a teenager, but stopped short because of the blood transfusion issue. They have quite a solid sense of community but are fairly insular.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ethel said:

They have quite a solid sense of community but are fairly insular.

This is also my view of them; I have a number of colleagues which are of this faith and I thoroughly enjoy their association, cause they celebrate nothing, which is great cause then you don't have to bother wishing anyone, I love it. They don't seem to view covid as the end times though, only the signs of it, because they are the most ardent advocates of covid regulations, at the least the ones that I know.

Edited by Maedros
  • Like 2

Guest Gone Fishing...
On 2/14/2021 at 9:45 PM, SuperstarNeilC said:

The Jehovah’s Witnesses are telling their 10 million+ members that Armageddon will happen soon, by the end of this year. 

'Religion'...
BC

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/14/2021 at 5:15 PM, Ethel said:

They are also opposed to the vaccine

Quite the opposite! As the covid vaccines do not contain blood (so it's said) their taking these would not conflict with their sectarian-trained consciences. In fact, among their various branch headquarters around the world (termed 'Bethels') JWs were among the first in line to receive the Covid vaccines as soon as they were made available and one source has said that at one of these branch facilities (which contains close to 2000 members) it is mandatory that all receive the vaccine/booster shots, being they live in what basically amounts to a commune, in close proximity to one another. So long as the vaccine does not contain blood it has been strongly encouraged from 'the Society' that non-Bethelite members (the far majority) also receive the vaccine and for them to not physically associate with ones who are unvaccinated as much as possible or even at all (I think as a coercion by shunning tactic). As far as Covid goes these people are as 'normie' as can be, totally buying into the official narrative hook-line-and-sinker. Generally speaking, they truly feel those in power have humanity's best interests at heart in this case and so gladly follow the Bible's instruction to 'obey Caesar' as it were if what is advised does not conflict with their religious teachings. They're also SO not into 'conspiracy theories'...save, of course, for the one about the whole world being under Satan's control which they would say is not a theory but a Bible-based fact. Go figure.

• Like 1