Bank accounts and vaccination

3 hours ago, DarianF said:

The more time passes, the more I think it was designed by the New World Order to get us all enthusiastic for the concept of digital currency, so they can launch their full digital financial control grid and we will blindly accept it.

To compare bitcoin to a government digital currency, is like saying an apple and a banana are the same because they share the same classification of fruit. Any government digital currency will not share the same characteristics as bitcoin except for the fact that they are digital.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In a shtf situation ....   Paper money has no value except to burn for heat. Gold and silver have no value except to use to make tools. Anything not physical has no value (in this

So, you put most of your money into Bitcoin. Sounds great. Then comes a disaster, could well be WW3 the way things are looking. It would tale a couple of strategic ENP blasts to shut down the electric

The key to investing is buying something you know something about.   A couple of years ago, single malt scotch whisky was a fantastic investment..... now prices are a bit crazy and I don't b

Posted Images

6 hours ago, DarianF said:

As long as it's proper bullion grade.

.999 or .9999 silver

.995 platinum

.9999 gold

Sorry to be a contrary-Mary but I disagree. Most gold coins in circulation are not .999 gold but .9 or .917. The gold sovereign is .917 and the Krugerrand is also .917.

The important thing is that the coins are well known and their gold content has been recognised over time.

For hundreds of years the silver Mary Theresa Thaler coin from Austria was used for trade in the gulf region and this coin is still highly collectable and sought after even though its silver content is only .7516. These coins are recognised and well-known and because of their alloys they do not tarnish and remain in excellent condition for hundreds of years.

In my experience some of the .999 gold and silver coins are subject to tarnish and gold in particular gets very easily damaged at this level of purity. It is almost impossible now to find a Canadian gold Maple coin from the 90's or early 2000's in good condition because the softness of the gold has led them all to get gouged and damaged.

Edited by Truthspoon

Property investment is also better than money sitting in a bank. If, however, you want savings as such, gold offers some security.
The main point is I just feel we are rapidly moving towards a virtual slave labour economy where we can be controlled by the following mechanisms:
Digitalised identity and passport all tied in with citizen rights. These latter being a farce.
Capital we own controlled by the State via banks. Rights to social aid governed by digital identity.
Tracking via the internet and prolonged lockdowns.

Time has come to hit back hard. Make it very clear State control of private capital and economic blackmail is not an option. That is what it amounts to and no need to kid yourself. No vaccines may soon mean no access to cash savings. If such is not the case it's time we were given some concrete information.

16 hours ago, Truthspoon said:

Sorry to be a contrary-Mary but I disagree. Most gold coins in circulation are not .999 gold but .9 or .917. The gold sovereign is .917 and the Krugerrand is also .917.

The important thing is that the coins are well known and their gold content has been recognised over time.

For hundreds of years the silver Mary Theresa Thaler coin from Austria was used for trade in the gulf region and this coin is still highly collectable and sought after even though its silver content is only .7516. These coins are recognised and well-known and because of their alloys they do not tarnish and remain in excellent condition for hundreds of years.

In my experience some of the .999 gold and silver coins are subject to tarnish and gold in particular gets very easily damaged at this level of purity. It is almost impossible now to find a Canadian gold Maple coin from the 90's or early 2000's in good condition because the softness of the gold has led them all to get gouged and damaged.

Yes, very good points. The pure coins are not really designed for regular circulation. It's more for buying, leaving in a safe, and forgetting. If you're looking for tougher coins that would survive daily trade, etc, then yes, other options out there.

2 hours ago, Shining-one said:

Property investment is also better than money sitting in a bank. If, however, you want savings as such, gold offers some security.
The main point is I just feel we are rapidly moving towards a virtual slave labour economy where we can be controlled by the following mechanisms:
Digitalised identity and passport all tied in with citizen rights. These latter being a farce.
Capital we own controlled by the State via banks. Rights to social aid governed by digital identity.
Tracking via the internet and prolonged lockdowns.

Time has come to hit back hard. Make it very clear State control of private capital and economic blackmail is not an option. That is what it amounts to and no need to kid yourself. No vaccines may soon mean no access to cash savings. If such is not the case it's time we were given some concrete information.

If you behave like a good little citizen, the state will give you occasional privileges.

16 hours ago, Mr H said:

To compare bitcoin to a government digital currency, is like saying an apple and a banana are the same because they share the same classification of fruit. Any government digital currency will not share the same characteristics as bitcoin except for the fact that they are digital.

I understand the concept of it. But something just doesn't feel right about it to me. Like it was put there anonymously to sucker everyone in, just like the Internet was. Then one day the fishing line will be pulled back in. Maybe I'm wrong. A lot of billionaires starting to promote it, and big companies getting in, which makes me more sus.

34 minutes ago, DarianF said:

Yes, very good points. The pure coins are not really designed for regular circulation. It's more for buying, leaving in a safe, and forgetting. If you're looking for tougher coins that would survive daily trade, etc, then yes, other options out there.

I approach it as numismatist, as someone interested in and deriving pleasure from the collecting the coins themselves. I think this is one of the advantage of certain investments is that you can derive pleasure as a collector, and perhaps learn as you collect and purchase the coins. Then in turn you become an expert and have the knowledge to know what is a good or poor investment in the field.

Always invest in things from which you can derive pleasure and in which you have some knowledge.

Most people here won't feel my immediate foreboding. Most people here have a passport already so have time to wait and see. 

I myself have no passport as it was stolen in the post years ago. Hypothetically, this is what could happen.

(1)All passports issued soon may demand a vaccination paper.

(2) More banks may standardise passports for identity reasons.

Now, whether banks at such a point would reimburse savings I cannot say. 

My guess is it's more a running together of knee-jerk reactions than a collective plot. 

Maybe someone knows how to approach my plan to buy gold coinage. Do you tell the bank your concerns or just withdraw and buy in stages?

Presumably you can vault and insure gold. No need to dig holes in the garden.

16 minutes ago, Shining-one said:

Most people here won't feel my immediate foreboding. Most people here have a passport already so have time to wait and see. 

I myself have no passport as it was stolen in the post years ago. Hypothetically, this is what could happen.

(1)All passports issued soon may demand a vaccination paper.

(2) More banks may standardise passports for identity reasons.

Now, whether banks at such a point would reimburse savings I cannot say. 

My guess is it's more a running together of knee-jerk reactions than a collective plot. 

Maybe someone knows how to approach my plan to buy gold coinage. Do you tell the bank your concerns or just withdraw and buy in stages?

Presumably you can vault and insure gold. No need to dig holes in the garden.

Switch your TV to RT (Russia Today). Every break features ads on buying gold. I get sick every time I see that smug, asshole that is doing the talking.

I think I was too young at the time, nut I remember my great grandfather telling me about the UK Govt confiscating everyone's gold an silver. Apparently they came and just about tore the house apart if they suspected that you had gold or silver.

I wonder if this massive push on TV is trying to persuade folks to buy bullion, so they have the names and addresses of everyone who bought and at some point they san "swoop" (isn't that the police term for illegally entering your home?) and confiscate it.

28 minutes ago, Mikheil said:

Switch your TV to RT (Russia Today). Every break features ads on buying gold. I get sick every time I see that smug, asshole that is doing the talking.

I think I was too young at the time, nut I remember my great grandfather telling me about the UK Govt confiscating everyone's gold an silver. Apparently they came and just about tore the house apart if they suspected that you had gold or silver.

I wonder if this massive push on TV is trying to persuade folks to buy bullion, so they have the names and addresses of everyone who bought and at some point they san "swoop" (isn't that the police term for illegally entering your home?) and confiscate it.

Don't use your name and address. Golden rule. Pardon the pun. 

I could buy Russian gold coinage but could be risky. 

Roman is a great way to go but a bit of study involved. I do have Roman silver. One of Commodus. 

You need to not exist and that means shaking off digital shackles. Maybe bank accounts are just conditional credit not your own security. 

7 hours ago, Truthspoon said:

I approach it as numismatist, as someone interested in and deriving pleasure from the collecting the coins themselves. I think this is one of the advantage of certain investments is that you can derive pleasure as a collector, and perhaps learn as you collect and purchase the coins. Then in turn you become an expert and have the knowledge to know what is a good or poor investment in the field.

Always invest in things from which you can derive pleasure and in which you have some knowledge.

Numismatics are fascinating, indeed. I don't really know much about all the coins, I really only know pure bullion. Bullion is more of a blunt force instrument. Numismatics are artistry.

PS. I really am fascinated by ancient world coins. Like stuff from ancient greece, rome, etc.

Edited by DarianF

Gold coins are too soft for trading. 📊
I have some coins too from different countries also a maple leaf – they look nice but are so delicate that you can touch them just with gloves. They are nice to collect but as an Investment – I dont know.
I had a little collection of stamps but I stopped collecting because I try to become more Minimalist.
You can buy Gold certificates instead of physical Gold
Gold is an important index – Countries can just print as much money as they have Gold reserves.

😊

Requires investigation. Could be gold can be put into a more secure bank and insured.
For me the problem is the average bank is a sitting duck for identity related complications, fraud or political extremism. In fact one of my banks refused to re-issue my bank card under the pretext of lack of identity. And they refuse to try and confirm via other banks or bills and so forth. Fortunately there's only 400 pounds in the account. They demand a passport and that will soon also require a vaccine.