Bank accounts and vaccination

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In a shtf situation ....   Paper money has no value except to burn for heat. Gold and silver have no value except to use to make tools. Anything not physical has no value (in this

So, you put most of your money into Bitcoin. Sounds great. Then comes a disaster, could well be WW3 the way things are looking. It would tale a couple of strategic ENP blasts to shut down the electric

The key to investing is buying something you know something about.   A couple of years ago, single malt scotch whisky was a fantastic investment..... now prices are a bit crazy and I don't b

Posted Images

• Basket Case changed the title to Bank accounts and vaccination
On 2/14/2021 at 5:46 PM, James Freeman (of the land said:

So where would you save/ invest your money then?

I'm in the process of learning to be my own bank via crypto currencies and blockchain tech.

This has become more important considering I have decided to go full on Rambo and leave the country to live in Central America......

Seems fairly straightforward so far, you have everything in crypto world that you do in regular world, but it's quicker, safer and no third parties. No real need for banks when you think about it. 

Potential problems I could see would be if you worked for someone who doesn't pay in crypto, but could possibly be navigated by getting it paid to paypal or revolut who do accept crypto.... 

On 2/14/2021 at 9:46 PM, James Freeman (of the land said:

So where would you save/ invest your money then?

The key to investing is buying something you know something about.

A couple of years ago, single malt scotch whisky was a fantastic investment..... now prices are a bit crazy and I don't buy any more bottles, but it's something I know about and the bottles I'm holding have seen between 20-100 percent increase in value and unlike wines, there is no time limit to their drinkability.

Just take a look at bottles of whisky bought in the 70's and 80's for literally a couple of pounds and they now sell for hundreds....

So it's really up to you what you invest in, but it ought to be a market and an asset you understand and appreciate yourself.

I've also bought a few Rolex watches which have also blown up in price recently. I've got about four, bought because I like them and because I know they will only gain in value...... 

It's up to you buddy...... if you've got a spare few quid ask yourself, what asset would you treat yourself to..... and is it something you can sell on later...

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Mr H said:

I'm in the process of learning to be my own bank via crypto currencies and blockchain tech.

This has become more important considering I have decided to go full on Rambo and leave the country to live in Central America......

Seems fairly straightforward so far, you have everything in crypto world that you do in regular world, but it's quicker, safer and no third parties. No real need for banks when you think about it. 

Potential problems I could see would be if you worked for someone who doesn't pay in crypto, but could possibly be navigated by getting it paid to paypal or revolut who do accept crypto.... 

So to expand and give practicals..........

In times of low inflation, or if you wish to keep cash balance, you invest and hold certain amount in stable coins pegged against the dollar.

If you are worried about inflation, then you would invest in a hedge which would be Bitcoin.

Or if you value commodities you could put in a stable coin that is pegged against gold

All 3 above can be interchangeable depending on current economic circumstances.....

This would form your base.....

Then if you wish to invest in stocks or commodities you would move from the above, into de-fi products, which work the same as the money markets, but without third party and manipulations.....

Then there are tokens to purchase for things like holidays or whatever....

Or if you need to withdraw physical cash or use a vendor who doesn't have a token or crypto payment system, you would transfer from your wallet (your bank), to a crypto credit card, or to paypal or revolut.

6 minutes ago, Truthspoon said:

The key to investing is buying something you know something about.

A couple of years ago, single malt scotch whisky was a fantastic investment..... now prices are a bit crazy and I don't buy any more bottles, but it's something I know about and the bottles I'm holding have seen between 20-100 percent increase in value and unlike wines, there is no time limit to their drinkability.

Just take a look at bottles of whisky bought in the 70's and 80's for literally a couple of pounds and they now sell for hundreds....

So it's really up to you what you invest in, but it ought to be a market and an asset you understand and appreciate yourself.

I've also bought a few Rolex watches which have also blown up in price recently. I've got about four, bought because I like them and because I know they will only gain in value...... 

It's up to you buddy...... if you've got a spare few quid ask yourself, what asset would you treat yourself to..... and is it something you can sell on later...

Truthspoon you are so funny.....how will you sell the Rolex watches when we have an Armageddon?......you now that jewelry is not such a good investment in general - I know this because my Ex BF sold my Tiffany engagement ring once - and it brought literally almost nothing

🙂

If you are talking about simply what is the best investment at the moment and not thinking about getting out of the banking system. Then you may notice that everything is in a bubble, because that is where inflation is hiding at the moment. In assets. So everything is risky and likely to fall at some point in the future. In terms of nos the best performing asset by a million miles is Bitcoin. Tesla for example made more money in the past month since investing in Bitcoin than they did from total car sales 2020!

Bitcoin is capital gain type investment however. I think wise to look at investments that provide cash flows.....

To that extent and considering everything bubble I think the wisest investment for your money at the moment would be to invest in yourself. To up/re skill for the future economy that we will be facing. This will serve you and your family well in being able to create real wealth in the future and positive cash flows.

1 hour ago, Moonlight said:

Truthspoon you are so funny.....how will you sell the Rolex watches when we have an Armageddon?......you now that jewelry is not such a good investment in general - I know this because my Ex BF sold my Tiffany engagement ring once - and it brought literally almost nothing

🙂

Well I don't mind if I don't sell them because like I say, I like them. I'm not even thinking of selling them....but it's better than cash...what use will that be in the apocalypse?

Anyway, you say that....... but in Armageddon there's gonna be a lot of hungry people and a lot of people trying to find something of value to exchange.....

And there's gonna be people who have food and supplies, possibly in abundance...... what might induce them to part with or even share their resources?

My mate always told me of the situation of being stuck in a mob trying to get a place on the last train out of town.......  and they just wanted one gold coin, to be ready for that moment when you needed to slip someone something to look the other way, or let you on that train....

And as for whisky.....well, there's always going to be a market for that no matter what happens. Will be pretty useful and valuable in a barter economy.

Best of both worlds is to have something which gains in value in the civilised world and something that you can exchange barter and has value in the post apocalyptical one.

Edited by Truthspoon
1 hour ago, Mr H said:

If you are talking about simply what is the best investment at the moment and not thinking about getting out of the banking system. Then you may notice that everything is in a bubble, because that is where inflation is hiding at the moment. In assets. So everything is risky and likely to fall at some point in the future. In terms of nos the best performing asset by a million miles is Bitcoin. Tesla for example made more money in the past month since investing in Bitcoin than they did from total car sales 2020!

Bitcoin is capital gain type investment however. I think wise to look at investments that provide cash flows.....

To that extent and considering everything bubble I think the wisest investment for your money at the moment would be to invest in yourself. To up/re skill for the future economy that we will be facing. This will serve you and your family well in being able to create real wealth in the future and positive cash flows.

Fuck Bitcoin, that shit would give me a heart-attack worrying every day if I woke up to find my 50 grand had turn into 50 quid.  

I hate Bitcoin. I like to have assets and let then just quietly appreciate without me having to constantly keep my eye on them.

8 minutes ago, Truthspoon said:

Fuck Bitcoin, that shit would give me a heart-attack worrying every day if I woke up to find my 50 grand had turn into 50 quid.  

I hate Bitcoin. I like to have assets and let then just quietly appreciate without me having to constantly keep my eye on them.

Appreciation in a currency that is depreciating to zero (in actual value) , not good imo..... 

Edited by Mr H
43 minutes ago, Mr H said:

Appreciation in a currency that is depreciating to zero (in actual value) , not good imo..... 

But at least my assets actually exist......   Bitcoin doesn't exist and has no intrinsic value.....  It isn't even physically tangible.

Would Bitcoin have any value in a shit-hits-the fan scenario?

Extremely doubtful..... 

Edited by Truthspoon
12 minutes ago, Truthspoon said:

But at least my assets actually exist......   Bitcoin doesn't exist and has no intrinsic value.....  It isn't even physically tangible.

Would Bitcoin have any value in a shit-hits-the fan scenario?

Extremely doubtful..... 

Fiat currency doesn't have any value, I thought that was what we were talking about....

But if we compare to other assets. What value does whiskey have and why? Because it's rare? Because someone wants it? What value does Bitcoin have. Is it it rare? Do people want it? Sounds kinda similar to me

2 minutes ago, Mr H said:

Fiat currency doesn't have any value, I thought that was what we were talking about....

But if we compare to other assets. What value does whiskey have and why? Because it's rare? Because someone wants it? What value does Bitcoin have. Is it it rare? Do people want it? Sounds kinda similar to me

You can put it in a glass and have a good time.

Howsthat? 

What can you do with Bitcoin in reality? Nothing, it doesn't even exist.

Edited by Truthspoon

In a shtf situation ....

Paper money has no value except to burn for heat.

Gold and silver have no value except to use to make tools.

Anything not physical has no value (in this realm if you consider only your form as 'real' .... which is the greater % of 'humans' .... but they are wrong) so all pretend 'coins' are worthless.

Left and right politics have no value.

Identity considerations have no value (only male or female have value).

I have a loaf of bread which I am willing to trade .... how much 'gold' will you give me considering that you and your family are starving?

Would I even take 'lumps' of metal'?

Doubt it.

Clean water is important.

Shelter is important.

Food is important.

Ability to protect those you care for is important.

Having like minded 'people' with you as a group, protecting each other, is important.

Trade items .... such as the ability to make 'fire' and grow 'food' and repair essential 'items' are important.

Skills to create many different required items and skills to help heal (the physical form) are important.

I have lighters, tobacco and whiskey .... I am willing to trade (I am keeping all my food and weapons).

What have you got that I need?

• Like 2