Anyone have any thoughts on the racism currently aimed at footballers on social media?

3 hours ago, Fluke said:

This. Just divide people. Henry is piping up now. He is boycotting it because he is so distraught apparently. 

There are no live matches anymore of course so they cant have a go at those horrible white people and their thuggish chants. So naturally social media will be the target. It means they can kill 2 birds with one stone because they can gather support along with lobby for a digital ID to use social media. 

I can see a couple of "troll" suicides make big headlines in the coming weeks, months years. A poor school kid committing suicide over trolls, a Z list celeb, take your pick. Anything to pull on the heart strings of a senile gullible public. Some dickhead, infiltrated or deliberate trolling someone over a families death would be a good one to make a breaking news story. Yeah... that would be a good one, that would outrage the public. We could even  have debates for weeks on radio shows and loose women and all the other shit they churn out to the retards that consume it.

Watching football fans and their public profiles talking about public and political issues is always cringey, but its an excellent tool for gauging where the culture is. The reason for this is because not only footballers, but football fans have a mental age of about 12 years old. I am not scoffing as i am a working class bloke and up until this year i watched it and enjoyed it. Now everything is becoming politicised. All planned of course because it is used to demoralise further.

The trolling will be dealt with Problem reaction solution. Well meaning idiots will demand something to be done because scumbags are trolling. 

The racism thing is a bit more complex because i think the majority are not buying that it is a big a problem as the scumbag elite are trying to make out. 

Yeah, the last time 'trolls' were this high profile was when the McCann deception was raging, and the 'troll' in that case ended up dieing in a hotel room after being door stepped by Sky News. That was dodgy as fuck.

• Like 1
On 1/31/2021 at 12:38 PM, Given To Fly said:

i'm calling BS on the anonymous abuse and fake accounts created, i have no doubt these are carried out by covert groups looking to further censor and implement extreme moderation on social media and to maybe need all users to have to use ID to use their sites/apps.

Preach! 👏👏👏

On 4/6/2021 at 7:22 AM, Not Thoth said:

To judge how racist a football fan is, ask them to name their top ten favourite players from their club and see if any of them are black.

Nothing wrong with liking your own, but if someone never speaks highly of black players then that's a bit suspect. I don't really talk about football with my pals these days, but growing up we were footy mad, probably because my old estate had a football pitch in it that we would be playing on all day, in all weathers, until we got into dumb gang shit then that kind of ended. The black lads on my estate would only praise their own, like Henry, Cole and York etc, but as white kids we would just praise everyone because we didn't really think about colour like them. I guess there was less diversity in football then so I can understand the black lads clinging on to their role models.

What's that question supposed to even mean anyway, that it's only possible for white football fans to be racist?

To judge how racist a music fan is, ask them to name their top ten artists and see how many are white. Goes both ways, no?

Edited by EnigmaticWorld
8 hours ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

but as white kids we would just praise everyone because we didn't really think about colour like them

Exactly. And I remember supporting the African nations in the 2010 world cup the same I would Iceland simply because they happened to be the underdogs. Some of the African players in England over the years have been magnificent to watch. 

You are a bit older than me Enigmatic I seem to remember around the year 99 - 2000 - 2004ish? a black and white rubber bracelet campaign and we all wore them. 

• Like 1

A lot of the best (or my favourite) players in the 80s were black....Cyrille Regis, John Barnes, Viv Anderson....I never thought of them differently, but then I was just a young kid. I can't stand Ian Wright, I think he's a prize twat, but that's not because of his skin colour. I can't stand a lot of white pundits either.

People ignore the racism of black players.

When thierry henry went to arsenal from juventus, he brought with him, his racist views towards white people. Most people do not appreciate how racist he was against white people, and his massive chip on his shoulder.

Typical, how people totally ignore the shoe on the other foot.

32 minutes ago, ThunderFace said:

there actually is a whole lot wrong with it

the minute you define a certain part as "your own" - another become not your own - and a division is formed - which in turn creates conflict.

i dont expect you to get that. cause too many of you muthafuckas think you're wise to matters - yet are still caught so fundementally on nationalism informing your world view - & dont see how truly deeply rooted an issue that actually is & the problems that arise from it.

ahhh more people to attack on this forum. who's next on your hit list my friend.

1 minute ago, nathan1974au said:

ahhh more people to attack on this forum. who's next on your hit list my friend.

do you often feel attacked when you dont know what youre talking about & it gets highlighted?

& instead of reply with any substance - you chime in on some passive aggro shit in an unrelated thread?

you might want to meditate on why that is.

1 hour ago, ThunderFace said:

do you often feel attacked when you dont know what youre talking about & it gets highlighted?

& instead of reply with any substance - you chime in on some passive aggro shit in an unrelated thread?

you might want to meditate on why that is.

you tell the story not me!

irony.

you making up a "story" - a complete fabrication - was the entire issue.

& funny

as i write this - youve replied to another different comment of mine - yet have still offered no substance to the initial one i made which you clearly took issue with.

petty hoe shit.

49 minutes ago, ThunderFace said:

irony.

you making up a "story" - a complete fabrication - was the entire issue.

& funny

as i write this - youve replied to another different comment of mine - yet have still offered no substance to the initial one i made which you clearly took issue with.

petty hoe shit.

(yet have still offered no substance). I've given you nothing that's what I've done. you have invented your own story it's your head not mine

On 4/8/2021 at 2:56 AM, EnigmaticWorld said:

What's that question supposed to even mean anyway, that it's only possible for white football fans to be racist?

To judge how racist a music fan is, ask them to name their top ten artists and see how many are white. Goes both ways, no?

Is that addressed to me? My point was meant to be that - certainly at my local football club - most of the fans' top ten would contain at least one black player and therefore those fans are not racist. 

On 4/9/2021 at 2:17 AM, ThunderFace said:

there actually is a whole lot wrong with it

the minute you define a certain part as "your own" - another become not your own - and a division is formed - which in turn creates conflict.

i dont expect you to get that. cause too many of you muthafuckas think you're wise to matters - yet are still caught so fundementally on nationalism informing your world view - & dont see how truly deeply rooted an issue that actually is & the problems that arise from it.

Bollocks. Nobody should be forced to love people. Is it right that America is using it's power to FORCE other countries to love a certain group?

Just leave people alone to live their lives.

Don't talk to me like I'm ignorant either. I was a bleeding heart lib a lot longer than I have been a nationalist, and people haven't even heard of some of the political theories I have have studied, so drop me out.

Edited by EnigmaticWorld

@ThunderFace

It's telling that you took an issue with me saying that there is nothing wrong with loving your own, but you didn't even ask me if I loved people from other groups, and I never said I disliked other groups, hence why you won't see me blaming stuff on black people on here because I'm not a cunt.  I can't wait until the penny drops and you find out that not all of us nationalists are white. Wait until you see my Palestinian bros that support nationalism for Europeans, your brain might explode.

Edited by EnigmaticWorld
  • Like 1