Sleep schedule is trashed at the moment so I thought I'd make myself useful and pass on a few links that might be helpful to someone. Always feeling thankful to everyone on the forum for the guidance and just sharing your points of view. Much love and respect to the community.

When it comes to health and fitness I've had an interest for a long time in listening at peoples stories, learning what I can, applying what I feel is beneficial to me and using my own self discipline, thoughts and feelings to determine what works for me. I don't necessarily adopt everything I learn outside of direct experience such as other peoples way of eating or their personal routine although I do experiment with my body within relatively safe limits. After a while you really get a good sense of your body and your individual needs through trying different things and paying attention to how it responds.

First link is to a YouTube channel called Health Recovery made by a guy named James Alexander. Cracking lad who shared his recovery experience from ME/Chronic Fatigue/Fibromyalgia. Could be some useful gems for anyone looking to improve their overall health, who suffers from similar issues or recovering from Long Covid/Post Viral Fatigue. He has a great ethic, kindred spirit and seems to be really well rounded. Very down to earth and relateable.

Health Recovery - James Alexander

Second link might be interesting to those into spirituality the Dao or Yin Yang. Created by a doctor named Dr. Lawrence Wilson, based around achieving health through self-development and nutritional balancing. I don't know much about the guy and have only viewed the content superficially although he seems to have a similar ethic of wanting to help others out. Has some elements that might appeal to fellow Ickesters as it discusses topics it seems are related to Archons although here they're dubbed as 'Rogues'. Does have other controversial views which might not be well received for the easily offended though can of course be taken with a pinch of salt through exercising some thick skin. Might have to do a bit of digging around the site to explore the variety of topics, they're not always obvious to see from the main pages directory but has good advice for grounding exercises which I feel are great for high anxiety or stress. It's important to not be up on the roof in your head with stress, fears, guilt or anxieties, if you catch yourself on that you can learn to ground yourself instead of feeding into it. Overall just a generally interesting site. I'll post the main link and the Rogue link.

https://www.drlwilson.com/

Dr. Lawrence Wilson Rogues

Third link could be a very useful freely available resource for quitting smoking. Some content could be shocking as it presents stories from people showing harsh truths. Of course not everyone experiences these outcomes but ultimately the addiction is garbage regardless and quite strongly consuming. Founded by a guy named Joel Spitzer, vast array of multimedia resources to benefit from. Another guy who seems to have a great ethic and appears to genuinely want to serve others to help themselves.

https://whyquit.com/

Fourth link is to a website called NoSurf. Pretty self explanatory, I've only just come across this one but since the whole lockdown problem I've developed quite the attachment to my rectangular pandoras box of pixel crack which I intend to challenge. Seems to be a well meaning community aimed at assisting others self-regulate compulsive internet usage. Has some decent ideas to keep the mind and body busy away from the screen and no doubt a good tool to bring balance to the life and likely improve productivity. Now I know this seems uber hypocritical since I've just shared a bunch of internet links haha but the idea is to make the internet work for us instead of us working for the internet. It is what it is.

NoSurf

Well, that's all from me, just a few resources shared with the well meaning intention of helping to improve our health. If it helps it helps, good luck.

Edited by facere arbitrium
  • Like 1

Came across this video of John St Julien or Baba Wanyama today, I used to watch the dude's other stuff back when he was saying Russel Brand was a member of the Fabian society. I think the Fabian Society's emblem is a wolf in sheeps clothing. If they ever became friends JSJ should give Russell the title, Baba Black Sheep :D

Ok bad jokes aside I have nothing against either of them, I quite enjoy the majority of content they both put out and appreciate their personalities. Really glad to see this geezer doing better through his own health recovery journey, he's been looking really well in some of his videos that are more recent than this one and I wish him the best of luck.

Edited by facere arbitrium

Hi people, just want to put in some additional words here to reiterate my first post. If your'e interested  in improving your health be gentle with yourself and go off how your body responds as an individual. Treat yourself with care.

Focus on the things you can do instead of the things you can't. I know it's common sense, it's just surprising what developing a consistent healthy routine can do for someone and it costs very little beyond the basic requirements of mindfulness - as in clarity, focus on thoughts that build you up instead of break you down, food, sleep, gentle exercise and good relationships.

If you have conflict in your relationships try to understand where it comes from. Don't place unrealistic expectations on yourself or others, be gentle and understanding with eachother. Learn to see things from their point of view and help them to see things from yours. If there's no getting through then give space. Compassion is a great approach.

Take help from those who are willing to support you and give support to those you are willing to help.

I often find the biggest obstacle in life is ourselves, focus on whether or not you feel better today than yesterday and whether what you're doing today, now, will make you feel better than tomorrow, be forgiving and don't be deterred by set backs. The idea is to not beat yourself up, build yourself up instead.

Good Luck!

• Like 1
19 hours ago, facere arbitrium said:

Hi people, just want to put in some additional words here to reiterate my first post. If your'e interested  in improving your health be gentle with yourself and go off how your body responds as an individual. Treat yourself with care.

Focus on the things you can do instead of the things you can't. I know it's common sense, it's just surprising what developing a consistent healthy routine can do for someone and it costs very little beyond the basic requirements of mindfulness - as in clarity, focus on thoughts that build you up instead of break you down, food, sleep, gentle exercise and good relationships.

If you have conflict in your relationships try to understand where it comes from. Don't place unrealistic expectations on yourself or others, be gentle and understanding with eachother. Learn to see things from their point of view and help them to see things from yours. If there's no getting through then give space. Compassion is a great approach.

Take help from those who are willing to support you and give support to those you are willing to help.

I often find the biggest obstacle in life is ourselves, focus on whether or not you feel better today than yesterday and whether what you're doing today, now, will make you feel better than tomorrow, be forgiving and don't be deterred by set backs. The idea is to not beat yourself up, build yourself up instead.

Good Luck!

Wise words.