Bible and the jewish priests

Macnamara

7 hours ago, MarpatV2 said:

Actually Im sure it came in with Abraham as a sign of the covenant between him, his offspring and God.

Jewish priests didnt exist then

you are 'sure' of that are you?

so you subscribe to the bible?

Edited by Macnamara

43 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

you are 'sure' of that are you?

so you subscribe to the bible?

Having read the bible I have a rough idea. The jewish priesthood didnt come into being before the time of Moses. They were created to look after the tabernacle and the sacred furniture.

45 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

I wasn't passing a moral judgment in that case, i was merely saying that i could see why some societies did it as a rite of passage but that doesn't explain the case for jews who do it to babies

Maybe it was to ensure they are marked as separate from 8 days old?

52 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

Why did paul a jew whose real name was saul tell pagans that they didn't need to circumcise their children in order to become a christian? Because its better for recruitment

I'd say its run by lurianic kabbalists

But you do realise that such a person would not be considered ritually clean for entering the temple, according to their law?

Again with the Lurianic kabbalists. Yawn

Jewish Symbols Explained for Kids - BJE

2 minutes ago, MarpatV2 said:

Have a look at this vid. It has an academic background and shows how it developed

and yet in their own bible they speak of moses coming from egypt

Some people suggest that the hyksos who invaded egypt then became one of the tribes that made up the federation of tribes known as the 'israelites'

there was always a very large colony of jews in egypt and by the time of the crusades they numbered around a million

2 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

yes. I don't have everything i have ever learned immediately to hand

I watched an Israel professor give a lecture and she basically said Abraham was more of a mythical figure than a real person. Look at this vid, its all about their history and not from a religious stand point

"Origins of Ancient Israel" - Carol Meyers - YouTube

Some people suggest that the hyksos who invaded egypt then became one of the tribes that made up the federation of tribes known as the 'israelites'

there was always a very large colony of jews in egypt and by the time of the crusades they numbered around a million

Indeed. He was schooled in all the wisdom and magic of the Egyptians, as a member of the pharohs household. Moses wasnt an Egyptian though

1 minute ago, MarpatV2 said:

I watched an Israel professor give a lecture and she basically said Abraham was more of a mythical figure than a real person.

well we can unravel all kinds of stuff if we want to say its all metaphor or symbolism and so on

But his name itself has magical significance but i will need to refer to my notes and get back to you on that one

'ram' for example is a title i think and ab has significance

2 minutes ago, MarpatV2 said:

Indeed. He was schooled in all the wisdom and magic of the Egyptians, as a member of the pharohs household. Moses wasnt an Egyptian though

so they are suggesting an egyptian lineage in terms of their magical background

Th french occult author eliphas levi claims that the tarot is the book of moses and that the jews are claiming a lineage to egypt

Sigmund freud argued the whole thing about moses being akhenaton leading his atonists out of egypt...once again a claim to egyptian lineage but if the hyksos who conquered egypt for a while and took the egyptian devil 'set' as their god became the israelites then that gives yet another lineage to egypt

1 minute ago, Macnamara said:

well we can unravel all kinds of stuff if we want to say its all metaphor or symbolism and so on

But his name itself has magical significance but i will need to refer to my notes and get back to you on that one

'ram' for example is a title i think and ab has significance

Are you forgetting that his name was altered though?

I suspect you mean ram as a sacrificial animal? it could also mean high

Ab is Hebrew for father I think. In Egyptian its the heart.

So, the way you wrote it, could be high father