Jump to content

Bible and the jewish priests


Macnamara

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, MarpatV2 said:

Actually Im sure it came in with Abraham as a sign of the covenant between him, his offspring and God.

 

Jewish priests didnt exist then

 

you are 'sure' of that are you?

 

so you subscribe to the bible?

Edited by Macnamara
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

 

you are 'sure' of that are you?

 

so you subscribe to the bible?

Having read the bible I have a rough idea. The jewish priesthood didnt come into being before the time of Moses. They were created to look after the tabernacle and the sacred furniture.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

 

I wasn't passing a moral judgment in that case, i was merely saying that i could see why some societies did it as a rite of passage but that doesn't explain the case for jews who do it to babies

Maybe it was to ensure they are marked as separate from 8 days old?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

 

Why did paul a jew whose real name was saul tell pagans that they didn't need to circumcise their children in order to become a christian? Because its better for recruitment

 

 

I'd say its run by lurianic kabbalists

But you do realise that such a person would not be considered ritually clean for entering the temple, according to their law?

Again with the Lurianic kabbalists. Yawn

 

Jewish Symbols Explained for Kids - BJE

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MarpatV2 said:

Have a look at this vid. It has an academic background and shows how it developed

 

and yet in their own bible they speak of moses coming from egypt

 

Some people suggest that the hyksos who invaded egypt then became one of the tribes that made up the federation of tribes known as the 'israelites'

 

there was always a very large colony of jews in egypt and by the time of the crusades they numbered around a million

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

 

yes. I don't have everything i have ever learned immediately to hand

I watched an Israel professor give a lecture and she basically said Abraham was more of a mythical figure than a real person. Look at this vid, its all about their history and not from a religious stand point

"Origins of Ancient Israel" - Carol Meyers - YouTube

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

 

and yet in their own bible they speak of moses coming from egypt

 

Some people suggest that the hyksos who invaded egypt then became one of the tribes that made up the federation of tribes known as the 'israelites'

 

there was always a very large colony of jews in egypt and by the time of the crusades they numbered around a million

 

2 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

 

and yet in their own bible they speak of moses coming from egypt

 

Some people suggest that the hyksos who invaded egypt then became one of the tribes that made up the federation of tribes known as the 'israelites'

 

there was always a very large colony of jews in egypt and by the time of the crusades they numbered around a million

Indeed. He was schooled in all the wisdom and magic of the Egyptians, as a member of the pharohs household. Moses wasnt an Egyptian though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MarpatV2 said:

I watched an Israel professor give a lecture and she basically said Abraham was more of a mythical figure than a real person.

 

well we can unravel all kinds of stuff if we want to say its all metaphor or symbolism and so on

 

But his name itself has magical significance but i will need to refer to my notes and get back to you on that one

 

'ram' for example is a title i think and ab has significance

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MarpatV2 said:

Indeed. He was schooled in all the wisdom and magic of the Egyptians, as a member of the pharohs household. Moses wasnt an Egyptian though

 

so they are suggesting an egyptian lineage in terms of their magical background

 

Th french occult author eliphas levi claims that the tarot is the book of moses and that the jews are claiming a lineage to egypt

 

Sigmund freud argued the whole thing about moses being akhenaton leading his atonists out of egypt...once again a claim to egyptian lineage but if the hyksos who conquered egypt for a while and took the egyptian devil 'set' as their god became the israelites then that gives yet another lineage to egypt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Macnamara said:

 

well we can unravel all kinds of stuff if we want to say its all metaphor or symbolism and so on

 

But his name itself has magical significance but i will need to refer to my notes and get back to you on that one

 

'ram' for example is a title i think and ab has significance

Are you forgetting that his name was altered though?

 

I suspect you mean ram as a sacrificial animal? it could also mean high

 

Ab is Hebrew for father I think. In Egyptian its the heart.

 

So, the way you wrote it, could be high father

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...