The Oxford vaccine enters cells too??

I’ve just noticed that the Oxford vaccine enters cells and I thought only the mRNA vaccine did that... as far as I can see, other vaccines such as flu ones do not enter your cells like this. Can anyone verify if this is true or not please that others do not and that this is working like the mRNA vaccine invading cells?

621A5047-67D4-4559-9741-062AE382887F.png

Edited by ItsTheTruthThough
  • ItsTheTruthThough changed the title to The Oxford vaccine enters cells too??

That was my reading as well. Instead of using an artificial lipid envelope to enclose the mRNA as a vector to enter the cell the Oxford vaccine uses an andenovirus vector. Viral vectors are often used in gene therapy just like nanoparticle solutions.

Technically I'd say there is little difference between the artificial vector and this viral delivery vaccine, the outcome will be exactly the same. That said viral vectors are immunogenic in their own right, the vector itself will trigger an enhanced immune response, that might be part of the thinking.

Seems that they're throwing everything at the wall with these vaccines to see what sticks, multiple different approaches. Whatever their actual intention is (help or harm) it's obviously an enormous experiment and we're the lab rats.

• Thanks 2
7 hours ago, MrM said:

That was my reading as well. Instead of using an artificial lipid envelope to enclose the mRNA as a vector to enter the cell the Oxford vaccine uses an andenovirus vector. Viral vectors are often used in gene therapy just like nanoparticle solutions.

Technically I'd say there is little difference between the artificial vector and this viral delivery vaccine, the outcome will be exactly the same. That said viral vectors are immunogenic in their own right, the vector itself will trigger an enhanced immune response, that might be part of the thinking.

Seems that they're throwing everything at the wall with these vaccines to see what sticks, multiple different approaches. Whatever their actual intention is (help or harm) it's obviously an enormous experiment and we're the lab rats.

I’ve never even heard of a vector vaccine - people seem to think this Oxford one is like their flu shot and it’s totally not 😒

I agree with you it seems like they are trying different approaches for the same outcome...

D8AFE260-BB17-4CE1-A13E-378431085E6B.jpeg