The UK's Trump or Biden.........Boris Or Keir

1 hour ago, Grumpy Owl said:

I don't know when it will happen, but Keir Starmer will be the next UK Prime Minister.

Maybe they won't even bother with an election this time round.

Yeah I can see this. The government are being portrayed in the media as being correct but incompetent and labour are seen as being more competent e.g. they would be even more strict etc for lock downs. Starmer will come in to "save" the nation - and implement the next phase of the agenda - even more draconian measures, and the peoples will love it! Time to seriously consider leaving the UK!

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Mr H said:

Yeah I can see this. The government are being portrayed in the media as being correct but incompetent and labour are seen as being more competent e.g. they would be even more strict etc for lock downs. Starmer will come in to "save" the nation - and implement the next phase of the agenda - even more draconian measures, and the peoples will love it! Time to seriously consider leaving the UK!

the problem is everywhere is the same. This is a worldwide agenda

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

I don't know when it will happen, but Keir Starmer will be the next UK Prime Minister.

A scary thought, makes me want to commit seppuku just thinking about the possibility.

In essence, Starmer is already the 'shadow Prime Minister'.

If you want to know what Boris is going to come out with next, just look at what Starmer calls for in the media.

There is no 'opposition party' in the UK Parliament, if Labour and SNP are just going to side with the Conservative Government.

I agree with the notion that on some issues, party politics should be put aside in the 'spirit of co-operation'.

But the 'opposition' should equally be holding the Government to account and questioning their decisions and demanding explanations for their actions.

27 minutes ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

A scary thought, makes me want to commit seppuku just thinking about the possibility.

I've never understood seppuku

When the proud rajput clans of india were under siege by a much stronger force who they could not defeat and when their last rations had run out, the women folk would all walk in their finery onto a large funeral pyre, whilst the menfolk would don saffron robes, throw open the gates and charge the enemy in a final act of defiance

Then out spake brave Horatius,
    The Captain of the gate:
‘To every man upon this earth
    Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better
    Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
    And the temples of his Gods

-Thomas Babington Macaulay, Lord Macaulay

On 1/10/2021 at 4:56 PM, Grumpy Owl said:

If you want to know what Boris is going to come out with next, just look at what Starmer calls for in the media.

I see Starmer is in todays papers calling for the shutdown of football after exuberant hugging celebrations during football matches this weekend.

I agree with the theory he could be annointed PM to come in without election and save the nation, and also hold a 2nd referendum on brexit, he has said this in the past. Not sure how they would arrange this though.

Edited by factJack
20 minutes ago, factJack said:

I see Starmer is in todays papers calling for the shutdown of football after exuberant hugging celebrations during football matches this weekend.

Expect an announcement from Boris in the next week that football will be suspended (as well as other 'elite sports')

• Haha 1