Mass Exodus to Petra - That's what I want.

kninjahman

I've recently been thinking about the stories of the prophets and the message and the deeds that they performed - and I've come to the conclusion that to escape this madness - peacefully - we need a mass exodus to Petra specifically.

How did I arrive at this conclusion? First of all we must escape this tyranny peacefully. If we look at the stories presented to us in the bible (or the quran) it would seem that when a people's became oppressed by their neighbours the divine advice given to them was simply to move away. 

This can be shown in the story of Moses (peace be upon him) leading his people out of Egypt where they were being oppressed by the tyrant known as Pharaoh.

This can also be shown in the stories of Lot and Job - they tried to warn their people, their people didn't listen, and God sent them angels to instruct them to move away so they would be out of harms way when God rained down fire on them.

In fact - with the exception of Noah who built an ark to escape the coming flood - all of the prophets immigrated to escape the evil ways of the lands they were living in.

Consider Abraham - whom Jews, Christians and Muslims claim to the father of the current rites - he moved away from the city of his forefathers and left them alone to their idol worshipping for he chose to instead seek God and please God alone, without ascribing a partnership to him.

So why Petra?

Well this tyranny is clearly worldwide. It would make little sense for an Englishman to emigrate to Europe for Europe is just as corrupt as England. English people these days claim they live inside and on a service corporation for heavens sake (United Kingdom)

So why Petra?

There's a wealth of reasons I believe Petra is perfect but honestly the most important one: because of Abraham and Muhammad - Abraham known as the father of the religion, Muhammad known as the Seal of the prophets - they both choose Petra and successfully defended against attack from there.

The prophets who know of only seemed to fight if it was unavoidable - if people were literally trying to kill them and their people. I believe this is how we must be also - fighting is prescribed for the believers if somebody comes to slaughter you, otherwise the advice is to emigrate (God's earth is spacious). However, in these times of worldwide tyranny - with what appears to be "nowhere to run" - there is in fact Petra (look into it's history, the potential of that place is unreal) - and if evil sends it's army's to destroy us: it's one amazing stronghold. 

So yeah - that's what I want... I want a mass exodus to Petra so that me and my people (the believers) can live peaceful, righteous, happy lives.

Peace be upon you all.     

• Like 1

I do like the idea of this . At several points during my working life I did employ this tactic. Specifically once when my line manager decided I was 'fair game ' and sexually harassed me then imposed work restriction after restriction and tried to dick over a promotion, tried to make me lie so he'd have something on me  etc as I wouldn't play ball (!). I could have put a harassment claim in and under that regime ruined my career or do what I did moved to another branch on a sideways move (the boss had scuppered the promotion telling lies about my work). I moved sideways ended up being promoted far far higher than I ever thought I would be and watched as this bloke got the sack 18 months later after doing the same to my friend and another woman. The difference now was everyone was wise to what he'd tried with me, my integrity proved my story, and no one believed him anymore  I am a great believer in if you cannot win the fight move yourself away from the firing line and wait until you can make sure you can actually win.

58 minutes ago, Truthspoon said:

The tourism ministry of Jordan might have other ideas......

People do actually live in the caves and tombs of Petra however. 

It's not a particularly luxurious lifestyle.  

It may not be a luxurious lifestyle now but imagine what it could be. Petra has a rich history - it was once a hub of wealth. 

I'm not sure the ministry in Jordan would be overly bothered about a mass exodus going there to be honest - like I said they have a rich past - they might be able to be persuaded by the fact that Muhammad done the same as they claim to believe in him.

10 minutes ago, kj35 said:

I must also point out I very very much supported the two others and very vocally from a place of safety made sure they were looked after. There's great power in removing yourself away from the reach of those who wish you harm.

Salute to you - it's a shame there are jerks in this world but you seem like a cool kitten, it's refreshing to hear when people behave amicably and get results. 

I got arrested in Petra once, and chased all over the ruins by the police ... I had come in via the "secret way" taxi to the desert and walk in without paying entry (about £20).  Anyway they let me off and fined me the price of the entrance fee.

Doesn't seem like a great place to be anyway, it's all stone little vegetation and of course it's a tourist trap.  But you can visit.

I like Jordan a lot in general.  

5 minutes ago, rideforever said:

I got arrested in Petra once, and chased all over the ruins by the police ... I had come in via the "secret way" taxi to the desert and walk in without paying entry (about £20).  Anyway they let me off and fined me the price of the entrance fee.

Doesn't seem like a great place to be anyway, it's all stone little vegetation and of course it's a tourist trap.  But you can visit.

I like Jordan a lot in general.  

That's so cool - I'd love to hear more about your time there.

I see that Petra is essentially dead these days - but like I keep mentioning: it has a rich history - there was a time when fresh water ran in waterways all about the place and it was hub of wealth and commercial interest - I see no reason why an exodus of right minded people with good intentions couldn't revive it's golden era or even do better than it. 

On 12/28/2020 at 6:35 PM, kninjahman said:

That's so cool - I'd love to hear more about your time there.

I see that Petra is essentially dead these days - but like I keep mentioning: it has a rich history - there was a time when fresh water ran in waterways all about the place and it was hub of wealth and commercial interest - I see no reason why an exodus of right minded people with good intentions couldn't revive it's golden era or even do better than it. 

Some say that Petra is really the city of Mecca (or Bakka as it is called in the Quran) and the fact that the Kaaba is now in Saudi Arabia is because it was carried away from Petra as the result of a civil war. Jay Smith is highly instructive if you wish to pursue this particular rabbit hole.

Interestingly there is no letter p in Arabic. No P sounds. So for the Arabs, P and B are interchangable. So already the first letter B could equate to a P for Petra.

Edited by Truthspoon

2 minutes ago, Truthspoon said:

Some say that Petra is really the city of Mecca cited in the Quran and the fact that the Kaaba is now in Saudi Arabia is because it was carried away from Petra as the result of a civil war. Jay Smith is highly instructive if you wish to pursue this particular rabbit hole.

I agree with you - from my own research Abraham and Muhammad were both based at Petra and not modern day Mecca - if you read the descriptions of where Al Masjid Al Haram is and its surrounding features it fits Petra PERFECTLY and doesn't fit with Mecca not one bit - even the haddith (which I don't follow because they are hear-says compiled hundreds of years after the death of Muhammad) seem to describe Petra. 

Thanks for sharing your insights I'm going to look into Jay Smith and his content.