Jump to content

Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, Blockchain and investments


Recommended Posts

49 minutes ago, Edgewood said:

 

It's insane to think that back in 2002 silver was 3 pounds an ounce.

 

As for whether it is a good investment now...... I suggest you buy ounce coins to enjoy, you could do a tour of the world mix and match and all that......something few people can do with gold coins,  you won't lose anything.....and if you can enjoy investment and make it a hobby all the better.

 

 

The picture doesn't do this fine piece justice it's just so beautiful astecticly. It's one of the most beautiful coins I own.

 

Part from the lizard in the middle of course.

s-l400.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I kept my eye on the Queen's Beasts series in gold but none of them appealed to me.


More fool me, they're doing crazy prices over premium now....... Anything like that from Royal Mint with a limited mint run is a damn good investment.


Looking at 25 percent over spot price at least.... If you buy at the right time you can add that on top of the gold price increase....

 

Queen's Beasts series has been one of the best investment tickets in recent times........ 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Edgewood said:

I kept my eye on the Queen's Beasts series in gold but none of them appealed to me.


More fool me, they're doing crazy prices over premium now....... Anything like that from Royal Mint with a limited mint run is a damn good investment.


Looking at 25 percent over spot price at least.... If you buy at the right time you can add that on top of the gold price increase....

 

Queen's Beasts series has been one of the best investment tickets in recent times........ 

 

 

To be honest I am more savvy these days but I usually don't mind paying silly premiums if I like the product. Also need to take into account the VAT if you are a UK citizen. Some of that is over the top.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Blimey, I haven't switched on today and checked Terra..... I thought I was looking at SHIB for a minute.... it was a penny when I went to bed.

IF it comes back, this would be the biggest buy, come Lambo....moment if you can buy. 😅

100$ will gets you over a million Luna. 😱 Imagine if it reaches 10 cents or even a dollar.

How much has it been diluted?

Max supply = infinite..... LOL

 

EDIT: Mind you, people are making money on it. The lowest was six zero today, now 4 zeros. 🤔

Edited by DaleP
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Fluke said:

I am somewhat of a stacker myself :) I am currently looking into their physical 10oz rounds at the moment. Do you know why it's hard to get hold of fractional coinage? There was an abundance a couple of years ago, but didn't think there would be a demand for fractional silver. ?

 

ALso wished I would have purchased some more platinum.

 

Platinum. Like silver, undervalued. https://platinuminvestment.com/supply-and-demand/investment-demand

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 5/13/2022 at 7:14 PM, Fluke said:

To be honest I am more savvy these days but I usually don't mind paying silly premiums if I like the product. Also need to take into account the VAT if you are a UK citizen. Some of that is over the top.

 

I've been buying gold coins for too long now..... back when I was buying from Ebay you could get collectable coins under spot.....this was when gold was hitting 1700 dollars and a lot of people who had seen gold go through the roof were selling and it was like all sorts of old treasure coins were turning up and you could snap them up for spot prices......... so for me paying more than 10 percent over spot just isn't happening...... but that's ok....I've got some great coins...... and will miss out on possible collectible future issues..... but it's hard when you paid relatively small dollar for coins to be asked to pay big dollar now... And I fucking hate the Queen, the silly old cunt. She can fuck herself and her beasts.... I won't pay silly money for that old bitch who sold our country out. Much more excited for south African old issues and rare limited issue Krugerrands, particularly proof coins which are very rare indeed.

Edited by Edgewood
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Edgewood said:

 

I've been buying gold coins for too long now..... back when I was buying from Ebay you could get collectable coins under spot.....this was when gold was hitting 1700 dollars and a lot of people who had seen gold go through the roof were selling and it was like all sorts of old treasure coins were turning up and you could snap them up for spot prices......... so for me paying more than 10 percent over spot just isn't happening...... but that's ok....I've got some great coins...... and will miss out on possible collectible future issues..... but it's hard when you paid relatively small dollar for coins to be asked to pay big dollar now... And I fucking hate the Queen, the silly old cunt. She can fuck herself and her beasts.... I won't pay silly money for that old bitch who sold our country out. Much more excited for south African old issues and rare limited issue Krugerrands, particularly proof coins which are very rare indeed.

Yeah but look on the bright side if she dies it might go up in value. What other coins are good? Thing is they are exempt from capital gains tax.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Fluke said:

Yeah but look on the bright side if she dies it might go up in value. What other coins are good? Thing is they are exempt from capital gains tax.

 

I love the old Sovereigns......Love the Queen Elizabeth young head and the portrait after that.....

 

If gold drops down a bit I am eager to hoover up a load of sovereigns.... Would like to get a set of 10 perhaps......then my gold urge will be spent I think....Victoria, Edward....George....all useless rogues of course who have sold the country out over the years..... but nice shiny shiny.....shiny piece of metal.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Edgewood said:

 

I love the old Sovereigns......Love the Queen Elizabeth young head and the portrait after that.....

 

If gold drops down a bit I am eager to hoover up a load of sovereigns.... Would like to get a set of 10 perhaps......then my gold urge will be spent I think....Victoria, Edward....George....all useless rogues of course who have sold the country out over the years..... but nice shiny shiny.....shiny piece of metal.

 

If you want to buy UK gold and to avoid CGT try to find old proof Britannias, the range from 1/10 ounce all the way to 1 ounce coins and even some of the non-proof mintages are extremely rare...... I got a selection of boxed proof coins over the years.... mintages for these coins can be as low as 3,000 making them ludicrously rare....

 

Would be a good thing to look into....the proof mintage figures for Britannias.... you can get them in sets of course.... but they will be pretty expensive.... if you can pick up a loose proof Britannia from a set which has been sold without the box it will be much cheaper....

 

Where do you buy coins from? Ebay is probably still the best option..... I found a few really good gold dealers, one is bleyer bullion and the other is Atkinsons gold, but their premiums have rocketed...... but check out their websites...they do a nice selection of sovereigns:

 

https://atkinsonsbullion.com/pre-owned/gold/pre-owned-gold-coins

 

https://www.bleyerbullion.co.uk/

 

Gold had dropped a bit in recent times..... if it gets down to 1400 it's a good time to buy.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A question.

What if you've discovered a fact that could potentially crash a Cex...what would you do?

Tell everyone? which could start an exodus....possibly another ripple on already crippled market and I'm not talking about XRP....ok. 😅

Or keep quiet and let everyone suffer. 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Keep your eyes on gold......it's 1479 as I write. If and when it gets down to 1400  BUY BUY BUY. I know I will.

 

It might be your last chance to grab some a nice shiny shiny, shiny piece of metal...

 

You might ask why you need to buy a shiny shiny, shiny piece of metal...

 

Well the rest of the world including India, China, Russia and certain Levantine bankers, seem to think it has value.... and indeed, they use it as the basis for all apparent financial liquidity in the world.... The amount of money a country can print is ostensible linked to the value of its gold reserves or the ability of that country's agents to access loans backed by gold held by someone (usually Rothschild Levantines)

 

Unfortunately most people in the West haven't been told that, so instead they keep their savings in the bank where they are daily being whittled down by inflation, or they invest in property, which is a bubble which will surely burst once the Corona vaccine mass die off start to come into effect.

 

 

Edited by Edgewood
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/13/2022 at 1:07 PM, Fluke said:

Silvers low at the moment might be a good idea to start buying? 😮

I would be careful. I can tell you what I see. And that is Gold has turned bearish. My target price 1500-1600 range. And silver tends to follow gold. If you want to buy metals, I would wait for bottom to form then buy.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bitcoin also looks likely to go to 50% lowerish from where we are today. USD is looking mega bullish. So personally converting GBP to USD (revolut), waiting for the bottom in BTC and Gold, then buying. NFA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Mr H said:

I would be careful. I can tell you what I see. And that is Gold has turned bearish. My target price 1500-1600 range. And silver tends to follow gold. If you want to buy metals, I would wait for bottom to form then buy.

 

Are you talking US dollars? You're dreaming... you will never see 1500 US for an ounce of gold.


That boat has long sailed. 

 

The last major collapse in gold price was only because of Rothschild pumping billions into short positions....

 

Now that physical gold is a tier 1 asset, ie the safest category,  and paper gold a tier 3  asset of Basel III rules, things will never be the same again.

 

It will no longer be possible to short real TIER 1 gold using TIER 3 paper short positions. They are simply not the same thing anymore.


Finally what many gold hawks have longed for has come to pass. Paper (fake) gold positions have been de-linked from REAL gold holdings.

 

Gold will go to the moon. Book your seat while you can still afford it.

 

Eventually gold has the potential to become the ONLY risk free TIER 1 asset:

 

 

The world's central banks buying at these prices is in preparation for the only tier 1 asset on their balance sheets that, unlike fiat currency, will not be intentionally debased by governments with their loose monetary policy we have seen now for years.

 

https://www.investing.com/analysis/basel-iii-what-does-mean-for-gold-and-silver-prices-200610613

Edited by Edgewood
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Edgewood said:

 

Are you talking US dollars? You're dreaming... you will never see 1500 US for an ounce of gold.

 

Yes US Dollars.........

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mr H said:

 

Yes US Dollars.........

 

 

 

No way. It will never happen. For reasons outlined in my post.

 

Look into Basel III and the effects on the gold market.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Edgewood said:

 

No way. It will never happen. For reasons outlined in my post.

 

Look into Basel III and the effects on the gold market.

Yes I know the stories the gold bug sell people on. I'm looking at real data and charts. If the macro doesn't change it's going down to 1500-1600 range which would be a buy for me personally. At the moment the play by the central bankers is to curb inflation by creating a pan sell off environment. Until that changes, everything going down - they can't raise interest rates that much, so it is the play for now. 

 

EDIT: I should highly likely, nothing is ever certain of course!

Edited by Mr H
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

It's not a 'gold bug sell'....it's something which has really been decided on by the global gold regulatory markets.

 

It is a real phenomenon which will in the long run, ensure that gold can no longer be financially manipulated by fiat backed paper positions.

 

If you wait until 1500 US you will simply never own any gold.....and who knows... it might be useful...or it might not..... 

 

I think it probably will...but each to their own.

 

Edited by Edgewood
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/13/2022 at 2:48 PM, Fluke said:

The picture doesn't do this fine piece justice it's just so beautiful astecticly. It's one of the most beautiful coins I own.

 

Part from the lizard in the middle of course.

s-l400.png

 

It looks nice.

There is a dog at the top but I'm surprised they didn't put a Corgi.

It has Lion twice?

 

Can you still buy this from Royal Mint? If so, link?

Another question, can you go and buy in person or does it have to be by post only?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DaleP said:

 

It looks nice.

There is a dog at the top but I'm surprised they didn't put a Corgi.

Its a greyhound but as a greyhound owner of over 7 of them over the years i am not impressed with the finish particularly the paws. I do own that greyhound coin though. I know they were owned by nobility at some point cant remember which king but he there is a famous painting of him with his greyhound.

 

Not sure mate i buy mine via post trusted bullion dealers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Its a greyhound but as a greyhound owner of over 7 of them over the years i am not impressed with the finish particularly the paws. I do own that greyhound coin though. I know they were owned by nobility at some point cant remember which king but he there is a famous painting of him with his greyhound.

 

Not sure mate i buy mine via post trusted bullion dealers.

 

They are descended from Egyptian breed can't remember the names off hand i'll try and dig it out, there's only one island that they live on i think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...