UK Census - 21 March 2021

7 hours ago, greenheart said:

I'm considering that I might not want to complete this census; is there a way to do so without being incriminated?

According to wikipedia it has now been delayed until march 2022. And there are probably exemptions, although I cant seem to find that information anywhere. If they fine you, refuse to pay it

i don't know but i once had a thought....if they wanted to gather everyones DNA for a database they could just analyse the sticky strip of the census envelope when its sent back as most people lick the envelope to glue it shut

ever since then i don't lick the envelope

• 1 month later...
On 12/28/2020 at 8:45 PM, Macnamara said:

i don't know but i once had a thought....if they wanted to gather everyones DNA for a database they could just analyse the sticky strip of the census envelope when its sent back as most people lick the envelope to glue it shut

ever since then i don't lick the envelope

I never lick envelopes and remember when you had to wet postage stamps.

Imagine if you still had to do that,the muzzleteers would wet themselves everytime a birthday card dropped on the doormat!

14 hours ago, Foggy Dewhurst said:

I never lick envelopes and remember when you had to wet postage stamps.

Imagine if you still had to do that,the muzzleteers would wet themselves everytime a birthday card dropped on the doormat!

well we are getting to census time again....as a precaution don't lick the envelope!

On 2/11/2021 at 6:59 PM, Macnamara said:

well we are getting to census time again....as a precaution don't lick the envelope!

I seem to recall at the last census in 2011, I was able to complete this online, no licking involved.

If you need help, we’ve got it covered. We will have an online help area on our website and offer help by phone, webchat, email, social media or text message.

We’re also encouraging people to get help from friends and family to complete their census.

If it’s safe and within government guidelines, we will also be opening Census Support Centres to help people fill in their online questionnaire.

from: https://census.gov.uk/about-the-census/the-census-during-the-coronavirus-pandemic

"If its safe" - this still tickles me to this day, of course its bleeding well safe! 😄

After Census Day, at the end of March and into April, our census field officers will be visiting households from which we’ve not received a completed census form. They will encourage people to complete the census and help you to access further help if you need it. Our field officers will never need to enter your house.

Our field officers will be working in the same way as a postal or food delivery visit. They will be wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and working in line with government guidance.

I remember the days when people would just randomly turn up at peoples houses (double glazing salesmen, charity collectors, Jehovah's Witnesses etc) and nobody would think twice about having to wear 'Personal Protective Equipment'. What kind of 'normal' are we heading towards...

• 2 weeks later...

Didn’t fill out the 2011 one had no intention of doing so. Had a young man with his official looking badge turning up on my yard advising me that his office hadn’t received a response from my address. Told him that was mighty odd as l had indeed posted it on. He scratched his head agreed that the postal service was slow, offered me another form to fill out and resend. That form went straight onto the muck heap. Will be following the same recipe again this time around.

• Like 5