Jump to content

How to use Tor?


JayneDough
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello lovely people, I am sorry I wasn't sure where to post this question¬†ūü§Ē¬†but basically how the heck do I use Tor? I have downloaded it before, then when I opened it, I was like¬†ūüė¨. Do¬†you have to use those onion links or something like that to search through or get where you want to be? Can I use this site with Tor or is there only certain sites I can visit? I just really need to be able to use a browser that cannot be traced or is just more private to research and save files and also get an encrypted email. On multiple occasions I have had my computer filled with viruses and completely¬†destroyed somehow and¬†have lost invaluable pictures and¬†work, including a picture taken here in the city where I live that an associate had sent to me¬†which¬†clearly showed an extraterrestrial being attempting to disguise behind an orb of light. And of course my friend's mobile phone which she took the photo on was dropped while she was partying....I also was curious about VPN's like Nord, I read in a couple posts that those are actually not good to use?

Any help on this subject would be so very appreciated!

Thanks so much, Jayne  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, JayneDough said:

1. How the heck do I use Tor?

2. Do you have to use those onion links or something like that to search through or get where you want to be?

3. Can I use this site with Tor or is there only certain sites I can visit?

4. A browser that cannot be traced or is just more private to research and save files and also get an encrypted email.

5. I also was curious about VPN's like Nord, I read in a couple posts that those are actually not good to use?

 

1. Big question. You use client programs like a tor browser or tor chat and you use server programs as hidden services. Its a big question but you probably only want to know about a tor browser.

2. You can access the mainstream web using a tor browser as always but you can only access onions from tor. Onions are like domain names except their locations aren't known to icann.

3. You can use this site on tor and you can use most sites on tor but some sites block tor so you have to use a special tor mode (see bridges) so sites cant tell your using tor. Tor detection is data intensive and only large corporations would block it. Facebook is now hosting an onion itself whereas before they blocked tor if they detected it. Generally the whole internet is available through tor, even the us sites that the eu blocks.

4. To maintain your security and therefor your privacy, you should use a regular email service but only ever access it through tor and never via an email client that may access the mail server using your regular ip address. To get a new regular email address, you will often be asked for personally identifying information (pii) such as your phone number or an alternative email address. You should never allow your anonymous free speech identity to be connected with anything outside of tor. Get a temporary email address and use that as the pii to get a regular email address. When you meet people online make assessments on their own security procedures before agreeing to meet them. For example, what mechanism did they use to prevent breaches of their privacy by google? Did they use any? Would you want to meet up with people with fleas in their hair? Those who arent practicing electronic security have scabies!!! Make sure you're meetups through online anonymous aren't just bullshit artists 'could never happen here'. The regular truthernet isnt just filled with obvious trolls, the fact we unite for truth speaks volumes about the amount of lies so watch out for social hackers and those not taking precautions about organised stalking.

5. VPNs are a response to tor. Access porn sites for £100 a year and only you, the vpn and the cia will know about it.

 

Watch the movie "the lives of others" about the east berlin surveillance state. The people who run the system now navigated that to get out of it. Now we are in the prison, this will help you catch up on some basic ideas.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unless your government blocks the web you have no need to use Tor or secret websites - they will lead you into the darkness and that's where you don't want to be.

 

There is literally no reason why an upright man or woman would be using Tor - forget about it before it corrupts you - the truth can be found all around you and inside you.

 

Peace.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, kninjahman said:

Unless your government blocks the web you have no need to use Tor

EXACTLY!

 

You only need TOR if you live in a country where search engines redact results, internet censorship is going on, crimes against your privacy of home and correspondence could be systemically committed. You do not need TOR if you live in a country where the Universal Declaration of Human Rights is a minimum standard for all people but if you do live in a country where systemic crimes against humanity are committed by state agencies and state chartered corporations then TOR is an effective tool that countries like China employ agencies to prevent people from knowing about or discouraging its use. The Chinese government has no effective mesns of manipulating or preventing the onlibe conversation and the various pto-cvp factions operating domestically do not want tor to be your connection of choice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Steph said:

EXACTLY!

 

You only need TOR if you live in a country where search engines redact results, internet censorship is going on, crimes against your privacy of home and correspondence could be systemically committed. You do not need TOR if you live in a country where the Universal Declaration of Human Rights is a minimum standard for all people but if you do live in a country where systemic crimes against humanity are committed by state agencies and state chartered corporations then TOR is an effective tool that countries like China employ agencies to prevent people from knowing about or discouraging its use. The Chinese government has no effective mesns of manipulating or preventing the onlibe conversation and the various pto-cvp factions operating domestically do not want tor to be your connection of choice.

 

 

I agree with you completely Steph.

I'd also like to mention - because I noticed you commented on another thread that was locked - I agree with your views about the flat earth enclosed under a dome firmament system. Some dude tried to call BS on you in that thread, I'd just like you to know that my own research has led to the same conclusion you have arrived at and I agree with you. Respect, peace be upon you sister.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, kninjahman said:

 

 

I agree with you completely Steph.

I'd also like to mention - because I noticed you commented on another thread that was locked - I agree with your views about the flat earth enclosed under a dome firmament system. Some dude tried to call BS on you in that thread, I'd just like you to know that my own research has led to the same conclusion you have arrived at and I agree with you. Respect, peace be upon you sister.

I think you are confusing me with someone else who believes what you do. My view is that evidence is more important than belief. I note your somewhat bizarre view on the matter and would still recommend you and everyone else to express your view freely over TOR protected mechanisms of correspondence if you live in a country which interferes in free speech. I assume you do not given your similarly bizarre sounding view that TOR is only for dodgy people.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Steph said:

I think you are confusing me with someone else who believes what you do. My view is that evidence is more important than belief. I note your somewhat bizarre view on the matter and would still recommend you and everyone else to express your view freely over TOR protected mechanisms of correspondence if you live in a country which interferes in free speech. I assume you do not given your similarly bizarre sounding view that TOR is only for dodgy people.

 

My bad - swear I got the impression from a different thread, I might be getting my threads in a muddle here! 

 

My view on tor is such: if you need it to get around government censorship then by all means use it - otherwise it is essentially useless to someone who is trying to keep a pure soul. There is a lot of darkness on the dark web. Slyly I have a feeling that it is similar to crypto also: that is it claims to be anonymous but is in fact the opposite.

 

If the masses can be so easily lead to believe that crypto is anonymous when in actual fact it is the complete opposite (you know this if you understand how blockchain works) - then it doesn't take too much of a leap of faith to see the same potential with the Tor network. 

 

And with your comments regarding evidence: that's exactly why I believe the flat earth enclosed model - based on evidence - evidence which I think people of this forum are unaware of: namely the encryption based on 19 discovered by Rashaad Khalifa in 1974. 

 

Peace be upon you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is this a flat earth thread?

 

Crypto leaves a paper trail ... to an anonymous wallet.

 

Keep your wallet safe then!

 

Is this a cryptocurrency thread?

 

You mention your newfound interest in religion and you recommend people should maintain the purity of their soul by not using tor.

 

Is this a spiritual thread?

 

Lets drift it then, as you clearly desire, to the question of your interest in discouraging the use of TOR.

 

How much do you know about cyber threats against members of the public not using TOR? Why is this building shaped like a swastika? http://barnwood-eng.business-dir.co.uk/g4s-security-services/ What have group 4 security to do with the earth being flat and the purity of the soul? Maybe everything, maybe nothing but that would be a discussion for free thinking people in free thinking places that those with only a facade could never find. So we may as well concern ourself with the meaning of the 96 thesis as talk about TOR if you don't know why that building looks like a swastika and you suggest people should not use TOR.

 

These aren't rules, these are crimes!

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Steph said:

Is this a flat earth thread?

 

Crypto leaves a paper trail ... to an anonymous wallet.

 

Keep your wallet safe then!

 

Is this a cryptocurrency thread?

 

You mention your newfound interest in religion and you recommend people should maintain the purity of their soul by not using tor.

 

Is this a spiritual thread?

 

Lets drift it then, as you clearly desire, to the question of your interest in discouraging the use of TOR.

 

How much do you know about cyber threats against members of the public not using TOR? Why is this building shaped like a swastika? http://barnwood-eng.business-dir.co.uk/g4s-security-services/ What have group 4 security to do with the earth being flat and the purity of the soul? Maybe everything, maybe nothing but that would be a discussion for free thinking people in free thinking places that those with only a facade could never find. So we may as well concern ourself with the meaning of the 96 thesis as talk about TOR if you don't know why that building looks like a swastika and you suggest people should not use TOR.

 

These aren't rules, these are crimes!

 

Not sure at what your getting at here to be honest. I was just giving my opinion on things.

 

You're spot on - I've derailed the thread and gone off-topic - this is a thread about how to use tor...

 

On Windows and Mac simply download and install Tor Browser Bundle from their main website - run it - change security settings to highest to disable javascript and your away, easy.

 

On Linux it's a little more difficult, you install with the command: sudo apt-get tor - but then you need to configure it by editing the config file and setting up the correct ports and behaviour in your chosen browser (firefox) - there are tutorials on this online.

 

For Android just download the official Tor browser bundle. There seems to be issues with the latest editions though from what I hear.

 

 

I don't know much about the cyber crimes against the public to be honest - I've been reading up on the Solar Winds melarky that's been in the news recently but other than that I'm not too clued up. 

 

Although from a cyber security point of view as soon as 5G/Fibre is crossed with the power of a Quantum Computer it's game over - "unbreakable" passwords that currently take years to break will be broken in hours if not minutes.

 

If the internet is destroyed and Kim DotComs internet is brought in which I suspect is the plan: again its game over for privacy on that platform.

 

Could you give me some more information about the crimes which G4S is doing? That company is everywhere in this country at the moment, they've even been slyly buying up smaller firms like council cleaning contractors and there is certainly something dodgy about them.

 

Peace be upon you.

 

 

 

 

Edited by kninjahman
Typos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It depends what linux you use. Most consumer linuxes will install via the xz archive from https://www.torproject.org/download/. Most distros will also have an app store/ software centre with a tor browser specifically compiled for the distro. These distro tor browsers may contain spyware and the one from torproject should be preferred.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spying on people is an act of war. Prohibitions against it arent just declared in the public laws of countries but imbedded in the constitutions. James Bond movies are about Britain spying on people but we spy on people we are at war with ... "the russians" ... Britain spying on itself is civil war, or at least high crimes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Steph, just watched that movie, "The Lives of Others". It was an emotional journey for me as well as an eye opener and I thank you for the recommendation. 

 

On the TOR matter; Really the main issues I have are #1- secure data storage and #2-I like my privacy when searching certain sites. Both of which I thought maybe would be within TOR. A USB Flash Drive is what I will be using from now on for the secure storage (a friend recommended) and I will try and utilize TOR for certain aspects of research.

 

As for the truth just magically being inside me, peace throughout the land, flat earth and crypto currency, Kninjahman; please no. Any other opinions or whatever on the 'TOR how-to' subject though, yes!

 

Thanks so much,

Jayne 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...