Jump to content

Woke madness


Shy Talk
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, numnuts said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-46459714

 

'Climate change food calculator: What's your diet's carbon footprint?'

 

Oh dear, you mean all those metropolitans will need to stop eating all that imported food to save on transport emissions? Oh no I forgot it's the BBC they're telling us over-rich westerners to eat less meat & dairy and have more vegan food. 

 

For a moment there I thought they would suggest more self-sufficiency but that doesn't fit the global agenda does it. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Campion said:

 

Oh dear, you mean all those metropolitans will need to stop eating all that imported food to save on transport emissions? Oh no I forgot it's the BBC they're telling us over-rich westerners to eat less meat & dairy and have more vegan food. 

 

For a moment there I thought they would suggest more self-sufficiency but that doesn't fit the global agenda does it. 

I read this last night. Pathetic.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A gingerbread PERSON? Morrisons takes the biscuit for wokery as the supermarket chain brings gingerbread men bang up to date after getting complaints from shoppers

  • Morrisons has given gingerbread men a gender-neutral makeover for 'inclusivity'
  • Traditional biscuit has been renamed a 'gingerbread person' by the supermarket
  • Men's campaigner called rebranding 'a scurrilous attack on a traditional biscuit'

One Morrisons shopper quipped: 'Maybe now it will have to be rewritten as 'Run, run with maximum exertion! You can't catch me. I'm the Gingerbread Person!' 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11421667/Morrisons-takes-biscuit-wokery-supermarket-chain-rebrands-biscuits-gingerbread-person.html

 

What they gonna do about the song, ban it 🎼

 

 

 

 

And look what else has been 'rewoked' MIDGET GEMS

Earlier this year Marks and Spencer changed the name of its Midget Gem sweets to Mini Gems to avoid offending people with dwarfism. Tesco and Morrisons followed suit.

CARTOON SCHOOLKIDS

The Beano has happily charted the exploits of The Bash Street Kids since 1954. But last year Fatty and Spotty became Freddy and Scotty, amid fears the original names might encourage bullying.

SPOTTED DICK

The traditional suet and dried fruit pudding was renamed Spotted Richard by House of Commons restaurant staff in case its real name caused offence. The change was never official, but Piers Morgan branded the over-sensitive waiters 'a bunch of Richard-heads'.

MANSIZE TISSUES

Kleenex rebranded 'mansize' tissues as simply 'extra large' after complaints that the description was sexist.

Kleenex Mansize tissues and normal tissues are pictured side-by-side. Kleenex rebranded 'mansize' tissues as simply 'extra large' after complaints that the description was sexist.
+2
View gallery
  •  

Kleenex Mansize tissues and normal tissues are pictured side-by-side. Kleenex rebranded 'mansize' tissues as simply 'extra large' after complaints that the description was sexist.

MANHOLE COVERS

In California, Berkeley City Council has ordered them to be called 'maintenance holes' – although the practice has not (yet) spread to this side of the Atlantic.

MASTER BEDROOM

The term 'master bedroom' has been dropped by scores of estate agents due to perceived allusions to sexism and slavery. Buyers are instead shown the 'primary' bedroom.

RELIABLE AND HARD-WORKING STAFF

Recruitment agency boss Nicole Mamo was told that she couldn't place an ad at the Jobcentre in Thetford, Norfolk, seeking hard-working and reliable employees as it could be offensive to lazy and unreliable people. As if they could be bothered to complain…

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cor blimey ...

 

I am deeply concerned about the racial implications of climate anxiety. If people of color are more concerned about climate change than white people, why is the interest in climate anxiety so white? Is climate anxiety a form of white fragility or even racial anxiety? Put another way, is climate anxiety just code for white people wishing to hold onto their way of life or get “back to normal,” to the comforts of their privilege?

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-unbearable-whiteness-of-climate-anxiety/

 

White man can do no right.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

'There's going to be a price': A growing number of medical professionals admit puberty blockers for kids may be irreversible and cause long-term harm

A growing number of medical professionals are questioning the safety and reversibility of puberty blockers when taken by young children, according to a recent analysis commissioned by the New York Times and released on Monday.

Gender dysphoria trends in American adolescents

In the United States, an estimated 300,000 children between the ages of 13 and 17 identify as transgender. Reuters found that 15,000 children from the ages of 6 to 17 were diagnosed with gender dysphoria in 2017, compared to 42,000 in 2021.

The spike in adolescents diagnosed with gender dysphoria has led to increased use of puberty blocker medication.

Medical professionals in support of puberty blockers argue that the drugs positively impact children diagnosed with gender dysphoria who suffer from depression and anxiety.

Dr. Norman Spack, the first physician to introduce blockers to transgender children in the United States, argued that the drugs could be lifesaving.

“Anxiety drains away,” Spack said. “You can see these kids being so relieved.”

 

How puberty blockers work

Puberty blocker drugs suppress estrogen and testosterone — hormones responsible for developing the reproductive system. The medicine can also impact the bones, the brain, and other parts of the body.

Medical professionals prescribe blockers to children as young as eight. Then, around 12 or 13 years old, transgender children are switched to sex hormones.

 

Some doctors argue that starting treatment young can be more effective at physically aligning patients with their gender identity and protecting their bones.

Potential risks of puberty blockers

The analysis commissioned by the New York Times, which reviewed scientific papers from and interviews with more than 50 doctors and academic experts across the globe, uncovered substantial evidence that puberty blockers are more harmful than advertised.

Doctors prescribing puberty blockers claim that the drugs only "pause" puberty. Transgender children and their parents are told puberty will continue if the patient stops taking the blockers.

However, the analysis found that puberty blockers may have a harmful, long-term impact on children’s bones and brains. Two studies determined that bone strength did not rebound fully for patients who took puberty blockers and switched to sex hormone treatment.

“We also found concerns that blockers could lock adolescents into a path of medical intervention before they are certain of their identity,” the New York Times reported.

“There’s going to be a price,” Dr. Sundeep Khosla, who leads a bone research lab at the Mayo Clinic, told the New York Times. “And the price is probably going to be some deficit in skeletal mass.”

Bone mass surges during teen years by about 8% to 12% a year. However, the New York Times analysis found that bone density stops growing when children take blockers.

The analysis found that puberty blockers could cause debilitating bone fractures earlier in the aging process.

“When they lose bone density, they’re really getting behind,” said Dr. Catherine Gordon, a pediatric endocrinologist and bone researcher at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston.

Children who stop taking puberty blockers by 11 can see a full recovery in bone density.

“That’s the difference,” Dr. Gordon said. “You shorten that critical window of puberty.”

http://www.stationgossip.com/2022/11/theres-going-to-be-price-growing-number.html

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

'There's going to be a price': A growing number of medical professionals admit puberty blockers for kids may be irreversible and cause long-term harm

A growing number of medical professionals are questioning the safety and reversibility of puberty blockers when taken by young children, according to a recent analysis commissioned by the New York Times and released on Monday.

Gender dysphoria trends in American adolescents

In the United States, an estimated 300,000 children between the ages of 13 and 17 identify as transgender. Reuters found that 15,000 children from the ages of 6 to 17 were diagnosed with gender dysphoria in 2017, compared to 42,000 in 2021.

The spike in adolescents diagnosed with gender dysphoria has led to increased use of puberty blocker medication.

Medical professionals in support of puberty blockers argue that the drugs positively impact children diagnosed with gender dysphoria who suffer from depression and anxiety.

Dr. Norman Spack, the first physician to introduce blockers to transgender children in the United States, argued that the drugs could be lifesaving.

“Anxiety drains away,” Spack said. “You can see these kids being so relieved.”

 

How puberty blockers work

Puberty blocker drugs suppress estrogen and testosterone — hormones responsible for developing the reproductive system. The medicine can also impact the bones, the brain, and other parts of the body.

Medical professionals prescribe blockers to children as young as eight. Then, around 12 or 13 years old, transgender children are switched to sex hormones.

 

Some doctors argue that starting treatment young can be more effective at physically aligning patients with their gender identity and protecting their bones.

Potential risks of puberty blockers

The analysis commissioned by the New York Times, which reviewed scientific papers from and interviews with more than 50 doctors and academic experts across the globe, uncovered substantial evidence that puberty blockers are more harmful than advertised.

Doctors prescribing puberty blockers claim that the drugs only "pause" puberty. Transgender children and their parents are told puberty will continue if the patient stops taking the blockers.

However, the analysis found that puberty blockers may have a harmful, long-term impact on children’s bones and brains. Two studies determined that bone strength did not rebound fully for patients who took puberty blockers and switched to sex hormone treatment.

“We also found concerns that blockers could lock adolescents into a path of medical intervention before they are certain of their identity,” the New York Times reported.

“There’s going to be a price,” Dr. Sundeep Khosla, who leads a bone research lab at the Mayo Clinic, told the New York Times. “And the price is probably going to be some deficit in skeletal mass.”

Bone mass surges during teen years by about 8% to 12% a year. However, the New York Times analysis found that bone density stops growing when children take blockers.

The analysis found that puberty blockers could cause debilitating bone fractures earlier in the aging process.

“When they lose bone density, they’re really getting behind,” said Dr. Catherine Gordon, a pediatric endocrinologist and bone researcher at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston.

Children who stop taking puberty blockers by 11 can see a full recovery in bone density.

“That’s the difference,” Dr. Gordon said. “You shorten that critical window of puberty.”

http://www.stationgossip.com/2022/11/theres-going-to-be-price-growing-number.html

Hey Mac, @Macnamara  your inbox is full, wanted to message you, got room for one from me please?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/england-world-cup-gay-pride-rain-bow-plane-qatar/

 

England's challenge to Qatar intolerance - Southgate's squad fly to World Cup in Gay Pride plane

 

Heard this on the radio earlier. I've chosen LBC as I found the headline and article sickeningly interesting ... 

 

As follows ... 

 

"Southgate has said it is very unlikely the England team will follow FIFA's orders to just focus on the football.

He said: We’re very strong on inclusivity. We understand the challenges that this tournament brings . . . the human rights challenges."

 

Other nations have unveiled similar gestures as they make the trip to Qatar.

 

Germany's jet has a 'diversity wins' message branded on the side, while the US side have a rainbow logo at their training ground.

 

The flight is not the only pro-LGBT gesture associated with the England squad at the World Cup. The players and manager Gareth Southgate will wear rainbow armbands saying 'One Love'.

 

Players also took photos in front of rainbow-coloured Nike 'swoosh' logos before leaving for the tournament.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/9/2022 at 7:47 AM, Campion said:

 

Oh dear, you mean all those metropolitans will need to stop eating all that imported food to save on transport emissions? Oh no I forgot it's the BBC they're telling us over-rich westerners to eat less meat & dairy and have more vegan food. 

 

For a moment there I thought they would suggest more self-sufficiency but that doesn't fit the global agenda does it. 

 

It's so good to 'hear' you say that. Everything that nurtures the environment, the planet, the human spirit ... they do the opposite. Divide, torture, destroy. If anything they say or do made any sense? It's all hypocritical, contraditory nonsense. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Observations said:

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/england-world-cup-gay-pride-rain-bow-plane-qatar/

 

England's challenge to Qatar intolerance - Southgate's squad fly to World Cup in Gay Pride plane

 

Heard this on the radio earlier. I've chosen LBC as I found the headline and article sickeningly interesting ... 

 

As follows ... 

 

"Southgate has said it is very unlikely the England team will follow FIFA's orders to just focus on the football.

He said: We’re very strong on inclusivity. We understand the challenges that this tournament brings . . . the human rights challenges."

 

Other nations have unveiled similar gestures as they make the trip to Qatar.

 

Germany's jet has a 'diversity wins' message branded on the side, while the US side have a rainbow logo at their training ground.

 

The flight is not the only pro-LGBT gesture associated with the England squad at the World Cup. The players and manager Gareth Southgate will wear rainbow armbands saying 'One Love'.

 

Players also took photos in front of rainbow-coloured Nike 'swoosh' logos before leaving for the tournament.

 

And this is why I am boycotting this agenda-setting farce.

 

Southgate can keep losing matches and play like shite, because it's not about the football anymore. Just make sure it's about the inclusivity.

 

What a fucking joke.

 

Play the game properly or fuck off.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Universities are being told to 'go woke' and 'decolonise' courses from computing to classics by the degrees watchdog.

 

For the first time, the Quality Assurance Agency, which checks on course standards, has incorporated critical race theory into its recommendations.

 

It wants a wide range of courses – including sciences and maths – to teach about colonialism including 'white supremacy'.

 

Frank Furedi, emeritus professor of sociology at Kent University, said: 'The focus on colonialism, white supremacy, and decolonisation aims to encourage young people to feel ashamed about the nation's past and to embrace the values promoted by advocates of identity politics.'

 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11431449/Universities-courses-computing-classics-told-decolonise-degrees-watchdog.html

 

In the name of equality, diveristy and inclusion, I suggest they study Jewish Supremacy too, an ideology that dates back thousands of years and is still taught to the "chosenites" today! As for colonialism, delve into the origins and practices of the East India Company.

 

ezra-pound-quote-lbp2m4r.jpg

Edited by Velma
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Velma said:

Universities are being told to 'go woke' and 'decolonise' courses from computing to classics by the degrees watchdog.

 

For the first time, the Quality Assurance Agency, which checks on course standards, has incorporated critical race theory into its recommendations.

 

It wants a wide range of courses – including sciences and maths – to teach about colonialism including 'white supremacy'.

 

Frank Furedi, emeritus professor of sociology at Kent University, said: 'The focus on colonialism, white supremacy, and decolonisation aims to encourage young people to feel ashamed about the nation's past and to embrace the values promoted by advocates of identity politics.'

 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11431449/Universities-courses-computing-classics-told-decolonise-degrees-watchdog.html

 

In the name of equality, diveristy and inclusion, I suggest they study Jewish Supremacy too, an ideology that dates back thousands of years and is still taught to the "chosenites" today! As for colonialism, delve into the origins and practices of the East India Company.

 

ezra-pound-quote-lbp2m4r.jpg

Horrible. Makes my blood boil.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

 

And this is why I am boycotting this agenda-setting farce.

 

Southgate can keep losing matches and play like shite, because it's not about the football anymore. Just make sure it's about the inclusivity.

 

What a fucking joke.

 

Play the game properly or fuck off.

 

Absolutely. Couldn't agree more. 👏👏👏

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/13/2022 at 5:46 AM, alexa said:

A gingerbread PERSON? Morrisons takes the biscuit for wokery as the supermarket chain brings gingerbread men bang up to date after getting complaints from shoppers

  • Morrisons has given gingerbread men a gender-neutral makeover for 'inclusivity'
  • Traditional biscuit has been renamed a 'gingerbread person' by the supermarket
  • Men's campaigner called rebranding 'a scurrilous attack on a traditional biscuit'

One Morrisons shopper quipped: 'Maybe now it will have to be rewritten as 'Run, run with maximum exertion! You can't catch me. I'm the Gingerbread Person!' 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11421667/Morrisons-takes-biscuit-wokery-supermarket-chain-rebrands-biscuits-gingerbread-person.html

 

What they gonna do about the song, ban it 🎼

 

 

 

 

 

And look what else has been 'rewoked' MIDGET GEMS

Earlier this year Marks and Spencer changed the name of its Midget Gem sweets to Mini Gems to avoid offending people with dwarfism. Tesco and Morrisons followed suit.

CARTOON SCHOOLKIDS

The Beano has happily charted the exploits of The Bash Street Kids since 1954. But last year Fatty and Spotty became Freddy and Scotty, amid fears the original names might encourage bullying.

SPOTTED DICK

The traditional suet and dried fruit pudding was renamed Spotted Richard by House of Commons restaurant staff in case its real name caused offence. The change was never official, but Piers Morgan branded the over-sensitive waiters 'a bunch of Richard-heads'.

MANSIZE TISSUES

Kleenex rebranded 'mansize' tissues as simply 'extra large' after complaints that the description was sexist.

Kleenex Mansize tissues and normal tissues are pictured side-by-side. Kleenex rebranded 'mansize' tissues as simply 'extra large' after complaints that the description was sexist.
+2
View gallery
  •  

Kleenex Mansize tissues and normal tissues are pictured side-by-side. Kleenex rebranded 'mansize' tissues as simply 'extra large' after complaints that the description was sexist.

MANHOLE COVERS

In California, Berkeley City Council has ordered them to be called 'maintenance holes' – although the practice has not (yet) spread to this side of the Atlantic.

MASTER BEDROOM

The term 'master bedroom' has been dropped by scores of estate agents due to perceived allusions to sexism and slavery. Buyers are instead shown the 'primary' bedroom.

RELIABLE AND HARD-WORKING STAFF

Recruitment agency boss Nicole Mamo was told that she couldn't place an ad at the Jobcentre in Thetford, Norfolk, seeking hard-working and reliable employees as it could be offensive to lazy and unreliable people. As if they could be bothered to complain…

 

As if customers complained, the liars!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Michigan School District Removes Pornographic Books After Muslim Community Outrage

 

A Michigan school district is pulling several pornographic books from school libraries after the local Muslim community expressed outrage.

Dearborn Public Schools announced Monday it will remove two books, keep one book, and restrict another book to high school students only.

 
 

The two pulled books are “Push” by Sapphire, which is about a girl who is sexually abused by her father, and “Red, White and Royal Blue” by Casey McQuiston, an LGBT romance with several sexually explicit passages. The books were ruled inappropriate for high schoolers and will be removed from school libraries.

“The Lovely Bones” by Alice Sebold, which is about the rape and murder of a young girl, will remain in the libraries for high school students only.

“Eleanor and Park” by Rainbow Rowell, which is about a teenage romance and includes profanity and domestic abuse, was ruled inappropriate for middle schoolers but appropriate for high schoolers. Copies of the book will be pulled from middle schools but remain on high school library shelves.

Two books are still under review, “All Boys Aren’t Blue” by Jason Reynolds and “This Book is Gay” by Juno Dawson. The books were previously available to students through the ebook service Sora, but the ebook service is currently disabled for students.

The district also reviewed “Flamer” by Mike Curato, a graphic novel about a gay boy that includes several sexually explicit scenes. “Flamer” was not part of the initial books challenge from a parent but has been deemed appropriate for high school students and will remain on the shelves.

On Monday, a district mother read an extremely sexually explicit passage from “Flamer” at a school board meeting.

http://www.womensystems.com/2022/11/michigan-school-district-removes.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ROSS CLARK: Trio who terrorised Iain Duncan Smith have walked free. Do our courts now have one rule for the Left-wing mob - and another for conservatives?

By Ross Clark for the Daily Mail

Published: 22:03 GMT, 16 November 2022 | Updated: 22:03 GMT, 16 November 2022

Last April, six Extinction Rebellion activists were acquitted at Southwark Crown Court of spraying graffiti and smashing windows at Shell’s London HQ — in spite of a judge telling the jury they had no legal defence. One of them claimed, preposterously, that he thought Shell’s employees and shareholders would have consented to his actions.

Then there were the Colston Four, who in January were acquitted of causing damage to the statue of the slave trader and philanthropist Edward Colston, toppled in a Black Lives Matter protest in Bristol in June 2020 — a time, by the way, when gatherings were supposed to be illegal under Covid lockdown rules.

During the case the judge allowed historian David Olusoga to give ‘evidence’ on slavery — effectively turning what was supposed to be a case of vandalism against a statue into a trial of Edward Colston himself, even though he died 300 years ago.

Then there were the protesters who blocked a road leading to the ExCel centre in East London when it was hosting an arms trade fair. They were acquitted by a district judge who accepted their bizarre argument that by lying in the road they were preventing greater crimes like genocide.

Thanks to a combination of well-organised pressure groups and Left-wing lawyers — often funded with public money through legal aid — we are rapidly reaching a situation in which anyone who can claim to be supporting a Left-wing cause now seems to get away with pretty well anything.

Kim Johnson, MP for Liverpool Riverside, one of the leaders of the ‘Kill The Bill’ campaign, calls it ‘draconian’ and says the Government is ‘clamping down on the ability of people to organise and defend our hard-won rights’.

That didn’t stop her and 157 other Labour MPs supporting an amendment to that very Bill last month which will make it an imprisonable offence for pro-life campaigners to stage any kind of protest within 150 metres of an abortion clinic.

This doesn’t just include harassment, which rightly should be illegal, but covers anyone who ‘advises or persuades, attempts to advise or persuade, or otherwise expresses opinion’. Given the impossibility of protesting without expressing an opinion, it is tantamount to criminalising protest itself — something supposed to be guaranteed under the Human Rights Act.

In other words, it is one rule for people with conservative opinions, another for those with Left-wing opinions.

We might have had a Conservative government for the past 12 years, yet somehow the Left has managed to grab control of the criminal justice system with a vengeance.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-11436821/ROSS-CLARK-courts-one-rule-Left-wing-mob-conservatives.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/16/2022 at 12:54 AM, Observations said:

It's so good to 'hear' you say that. Everything that nurtures the environment, the planet, the human spirit ... they do the opposite. Divide, torture, destroy. If anything they say or do made any sense? It's all hypocritical, contraditory nonsense. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8530248/ 

"Omnivorism is associated with an increased orientation toward social dominance, greater right-wing authoritarianism, and, in line with this, a stronger tendency to be prejudiced. Vegetarianism is associated with greater openness and empathy. The values of vegetarians are based more on universalism, hedonism, stimulation, and self-direction, whereas the values of omnivores are based more on the idea of power. 

  

There's a sense to this all right. When you realise there's an agenda going on it doesn't seem so contradictory. We're being softened up in various ways to hasten the decline of peoples who are more resistant to the globalisation agenda. 

Edited by Campion
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/16/2022 at 11:48 PM, Macnamara said:

'We might have had a Conservative government for the past 12 years, yet somehow the Left has managed to grab control of the criminal justice system with a vengeance.'

 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-11436821/ROSS-CLARK-courts-one-rule-Left-wing-mob-conservatives.html

 

More like we have had a Conservative government in name only.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, numnuts said:

More like we have had a Conservative government in name only.

 

exactly. The top tier guys in the 'conservative' party and the top tier guys in the 'labour' party and the top tier guys in the 'nationalist' parties are none of those things; they are GLOBALISTS associated with the world economic forum and they are working directly AGAINST working people, against nation states and against the conservation of traditions and culture

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

YOU have figured them out? Sorry, but have you ever  read any books by this really smart guy, actually I think he's an f'ing genius, he has made this point over and over (but much more eloquently) you may have heard of him - his name is David Icke!!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...