Jump to content

Some info on masks from someone who has used them professionally


TinfoilSnapback
 Share

Recommended Posts

So I have worked cleaning hazardous sites and asbestos, the masks we use cover your entire head and are fitted and sealed to your face. Once you put the mask on you can’t breathe, which is why you have oxygen that feeds into it. If the masks people are walking around in worked then you wouldn’t be able to breathe with them on. I saw a Muslim man walking around with a mask on top of his beard about 3 inches from his mouth. That’s another thing you have to be clean shaven for a proper seal 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, TinfoilSnapback said:

... mask on top of his beard about 3 inches from his mouth. That’s another thing you have to be clean shaven for a proper seal 

 This is not particularly about getting a perfect seal ....

 

When breathing , talking , and particularly coughing, the mouth and nose emit a stream of exhaled breath containing "foamates" ...micro small water droplets in which the virus rides ... So it's about  directing this stream  away from others , and hopefully also catching some of the foamates in the mask.

 

Not all the breath will pass through the mask , inevitably there are gaps . Even the most badly fitting mask will stop you breathing right in someone's face , which will reduce the transmission risk by perhaps 90% ... A perfectly fitting mask might be 98% effective ...If you want 100% protection then you will need your hazz mat mask ....

 

These surgical type  masks are mostly about stopping YOU infecting others , not So much the other way round . It's pointless wearing them unless others are near by ,  surgical masks are not about filtering the air you breath in, to make it safe. 

 

Face shields do not filter anything , purely direct the breath down away from the people you are talking to and will reduce infection risks greatly .... Although in this picture the waitresses breath is being directed down onto the drinks ...lol ... not good! 

 

960x0.jpg?fit=scale

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, oz93666 said:

 This is not particularly about getting a perfect seal ....

 

When breathing , talking , and particularly coughing, the mouth and nose emit a stream of exhaled breath containing "foamates" ...micro small water droplets in which the virus rides ... So it's about  directing this stream  away from others , and hopefully also catching some of the foamates in the mask.

 

Not all the breath will pass through the mask , inevitably there are gaps . Even the most badly fitting mask will stop you breathing right in someone's face , which will reduce the transmission risk by perhaps 90% ... A perfectly fitting mask might be 98% effective ...If you want 100% protection then you will need your hazz mat mask ....

 

These surgical type  masks are mostly about stopping YOU infecting others , not So much the other way round . It's pointless wearing them unless others are near by ,  surgical masks are not about filtering the air you breath in, to make it safe. 

 

Face shields do not filter anything , purely direct the breath down away from the people you are talking to and will reduce infection risks greatly .... Although in this picture the waitresses breath is being directed down onto the drinks ...lol ... not good! 

 

960x0.jpg?fit=scale

They’re called foamites and you’re very wrong, if you swabbed the outside of your mask you would find the same as if you swabbed the inside. Cool your face shield will blow them downwards onto something else that someone will touch and get on their hand and then touch their face. I work in the most extreme containments. Your waitress looks like she’s going to breathe right into those drinks. Your masks really do nothing as far as containment goes. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TinfoilSnapback said:

Do you see the difference? I have actual experience and you are regurgitating fake science, put your mask on and blow out a candle 

 

Well...you have experience of using a breathing apparatus when removing asbestos ... these do not have "oxygen that feeds into it" as you say , normally a blower that pushes in air , through a filter and into the mask .... oxygen is never used ... I have used a similar apparatus when sanding down fiberglass ... the problem is the same , to stop the user breathing in fine needles of asbestos/glass .....

 

Surgical masks are designed to stop the wearer breathing out , and into the faces of others when they are breathing in , if this is prevented 95% of risk is dealt with  .... So it's not the same     The asbestos apparatus should be 100% effective at protecting the wearer and others .... but we cant be expected to wear one of these , a surgical mask is cheap , easy and around  95% effective. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, shadowmoon said:

This is what I imagined, a beard would render it pointless and the masks the people wear will just leak air out of the sides as they aren't  fitted to their face.

 

lol ... So why do you think people wear the face shields pictured  above ?? Quite a bit of leakage there I would say ...Are they "pointless "?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, oz93666 said:

 

lol ... So why do you think people wear the face shields pictured  above ?? Quite a bit of leakage there I would say ...Are they "pointless "?

I had surgery on  a tooth about 4 years ago, the dentist wore one of those against the blood spray.

For protecting from a cold that thing looks like it would be fucking pointless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TinfoilSnapback said:

They’re called foamites and you’re very wrong, if you swabbed the outside of your mask you would find the same as if you swabbed the inside. Cool your face shield will blow them downwards onto something else that someone will touch and get on their hand and then touch their face. I work in the most extreme containments. Your waitress looks like she’s going to breathe right into those drinks. Your masks really do nothing as far as containment goes. 

I watched a video recently, the lady hosting it was saying that the facemasks are next to useless. 

2 minutes ago, oz93666 said:

The main vector for transmitting infection is the fine water droplets that carry the virus , breathing these out directly into someone else's input breath ...

 

If these droplets are directed down or sideways they will soon evaporate and be rendered safe 

 

This matters only if a person has symptoms such as coughing or sneezing, all these dongs walking around perfectly healthy and being govt controlled in their masks.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, shadowmoon said:

This matters only if a person has symptoms such as coughing or sneezing, all these dongs walking around perfectly healthy and being govt controlled in their masks.

 

 

When mass vaccination starts , it maybe wise to self isolate more ....

 

According to this brilliant researcher .... https://forum.davidicke.com/index.php?/topic/15505-shocking-prediction-from-2014-anthony-patch-interview/ ...   vaccination will essentially turn the vaccinated person into a virus spreader ... so most of the population will soon have covid , they may not have symptoms , it will not kill them , but when 5G is cranked up they become Zombies! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, oz93666 said:

 

When mass vaccination starts , it maybe wise to self isolate more ....

 

According to this brilliant researcher .... https://forum.davidicke.com/index.php?/topic/15505-shocking-prediction-from-2014-anthony-patch-interview/ ...   vaccination will essentially turn the vaccinated person into a virus spreader ... so most of the population will soon have covid , they may not have symptoms , it will not kill them , but when 5G is cranked up they become Zombies! 

 

They already give live virus to kids in the nasal mist vaccine.

Masks imho weaken our immunity. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, oz93666 said:

 

lol ... So why do you think people wear the face shields pictured  above ?? Quite a bit of leakage there I would say ...Are they "pointless "?

 

The face shields are indeed utterly pointless, they will only protect against being sneezed, coughed or spat at. 😷

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

 

The face shields are indeed utterly pointless, they will only protect against being sneezed, coughed or spat at. 😷

 

...or someone breathing in your direction ... all those put together reduces risk by more than  90% ... so not pointless at all ...

 

They are not primarily for protecting the wearer ... but to stop the wearer infecting others 

 

Now that the dust has settled on covid , it seems the virus maybe a real threat after all ... not because it could kill you ! That's a lie spread by the cabal to make you take the vaccine , the vaccine/virus will causes changes in DNA , these combined with high 5G output triggers Zombie Apocalypse , See link to thread in my post above. 

Edited by oz93666
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just my opinion here but trying to protect people from ANY virus is like swimming next to someone with an umbrella in an attempt to not get their hair wet.

Only one weapon can protect the body and it's already built in as default...your immunity.

 

This should be built up using exercise, an alkaline body ph, organic diet, herbs, plenty of Vitamin D (Sun), drinking plenty of pure water and more than anything else a strong mental attitude. When the body is NOT in homeostasis then even an ear infection canl kill. We can't protect the extremely vunerable from anything because only they hold the power for that. The mask to me is far more about symbolism than anything to do with health. It's consent.

 

Less PPE and more self preservation. Harsh but true.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The idea that masks are being enforced, or worn, to protect human health is ludicrous to anyone with an IQ in 3 figures. Even surgeons don't wear masks to 'protect' anyone, they do it to stop food, or fillings or saliva falling out of their mouth when they are carrying out surgery.

 

There isn't even any debate. It's a visual symbol of compliance, designed to create a divide between those who possess self-respect/critical thinking, and those who don't. Because humans identify as social beings, the resultant social isolation of those who do not comply is designed to destroy their mental and emotional wellbeing, so that the only people left in the world are retarded slaves. There's actually a reasonable chance this will happen.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

At some point there will be a big divide in society. People who believe masks are a kind of anal tampon for people who who think the mask goes round their elbow. Those who don't know where the mask is supposed to go will have no appreciation of the haut couture of those whose arses should hopefully be looking pretty fine and the problem then becomes freeing the prisoners from the ignorant held in a prison for those who would obey anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Ethel said:

The idea that masks are being enforced, or worn, to protect human health is ludicrous to anyone with an IQ in 3 figures. Even surgeons don't wear masks to 'protect' anyone, they do it to stop food, or fillings or saliva falling out of their mouth when they are carrying out surgery.

 

There isn't even any debate. It's a visual symbol of compliance, designed to create a divide between those who possess self-respect/critical thinking, and those who don't. Because humans identify as social beings, the resultant social isolation of those who do not comply is designed to destroy their mental and emotional wellbeing, so that the only people left in the world are retarded slaves. There's actually a reasonable chance this will happen.

 

It has never had anything to do with 'public health', its all about getting people to 'comply' - "why won't people follow the rules?"

 

This was from April 2020:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av-embeds/52153145/vpid/p088lzmt

 

I still believe that this whole thing with 'asymptomatic carriers' is nonsense and this was introduced to justify the mandatory wearing of face coverings - it was established that healthy people did not need to wear face coverings, so they had to find a way to consider healthy people as 'potentially sick'.

 

Here in the UK, while it is 'mandatory' to wear a face covering on public transport and in enclosed public spaces (shops etc), it has never been mandatory to wear them out in the open. So it makes you wonder why so many people are wearing them while walking about outdoors.

 

The Government could turn around tomorrow and announce that face coverings were no longer mandatory, yet most people will still carry on wearing them.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 12/13/2020 at 3:08 AM, Grumpy Owl said:

 

The face shields are indeed utterly pointless, they will only protect against being sneezed, coughed or spat at. 😷

Exactly!  I used to work in a hospital in the U.S. and had to be quite familiar with Standard Precautions.  (What kind of protective clothing or disinfecting procedures should I use in this area?  Etc.)  In a health care setting, there are only two reasons to wear these ridiculous procedure masks that most people are running around in: Don't spit into someone's wound while performing surgery and don't get bodily fluids splashed onto your mouth.  Even if there actually was something in the air that you didn't wish to inhale, the size of the holes in the mask don't matter unless you've got an airtight seal between the mask and your face.  And good luck standing behind one of those useless Plexiglass shields that everyone is putting up all over the place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...