'No Deal' Brexit, aka 'Remain' In The E.U., formally announced.

I am formally announcing it a day early. Just as I casually announced it at the start of this year and literally every week since then. The status of talks wasn't a case of ever being optimistic, pessimistic or 'gloomy', which seems to be the buzzword of the moment. A deal was never going to be done. Not even during a cold day in hell.

So, now the mass media, as it already has been on and off, is going to go into a non-stop frenzy about the 'Apocalypse' scenario of 'No Deal'. I have now also finally heard the immortal words of 'we can't deal with a pandemic and do Brexit at the same time' spoken. We haven't yet left the E.U., as literally nothing has changed, and we are not going to leave the E.U. on 1st January 2021 either. The Coronavirus fraud and the Coronavirus Act (of treason), while of course being used to help further other PTB agendas, were solely deployed 'now' as a cover to help thwart Brexit. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55286327

'Brexit: Businesses despair at prospect of no-deal.'

Edited by numnuts
  • Like 2

"EU law shall continue to have effect...", but the politicians say we are out of the EU. On the plus side, no one ever voted for the EU to dictate the law to the UK, politicians are meaningless. We'll just have to lie, cheat and steal our human rights back.

24 minutes ago, Steph said:

We'll just have to lie, cheat and steal our human rights back.

I think we need to all be worrying about what cheating, lying, stealing and other stunts the PTB are going to get up to, between now and the end of this year. My personal belief is that they are going to need an added 'ingredient', in order to successfully pull off the postponement, essentially cancellation, of Brexit.

There are various possibilities, but my money is on a false flag terrorist attack. Only last month, they did raise the terrorism threat level to severe as well. The thing is, it can't be a small terrorist attack, as that just won't do. Even allowing for massive over-exaggeration, from the treacherous mass media, it will still need to be much bigger than 7/7. Chances are that a few patsies will only get tracked down with some help from the E.U.. Ha ha ha.   

P.S. One would have thought that dastardly terrorists, dedicated to our destruction, would have gloried in the Apocalypse of a 'No Deal' Brexit. Not done something that might help to stop it. Assuming it is a terror attack that takes place. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54799377

'UK terrorism threat level raised to 'severe'.'

Edited by numnuts
  • numnuts changed the title to 'No Deal' Brexit, aka 'Remain' In The E.U., formally announced.
5 hours ago, numnuts said:

There are various possibilities, but my money is on a false flag terrorist attack. Only last month, they did raise the terrorism threat level to severe as well. The thing is, it can't be a small terrorist attack, as that just won't do. Even allowing for massive over-exaggeration, from the treacherous mass media, it will still need to be much bigger than 7/7. Chances are that a few patsies will only get tracked down with some help from the E.U.. Ha ha ha.  

Something like this, which I thought was a clear PTB warning against Brexit, will do nicely. Perish the thought that someone remotely triggered the explosion, just when a few fireworks were filmed going off, for good measure. What do other folks think then? I mean, even if they fake a deal now, which will later be voted down by our treacherous M.P.'s, then they surely still can't ditch a 'No Deal' Brexit without some more 'justification'. Or can they? Personally, I just don't see it. They have been rambling on about 'the greatest recession for 1 million years', and such like, for ages now. It doesn't really have much effect any more.     

Edited by numnuts

Empty threats from the EU on fishing as the UK will gradually take up the slack whilst fish stocks are given time to recuperate. People in the UK will get to eat more of the fish themselves and the surplus can be sold anywhere in the World apart from the EU or tinned for long term storage and use.

5 hours ago, serpentine said:

Empty threats from the EU on fishing as the UK will gradually take up the slack whilst fish stocks are given time to recuperate. People in the UK will get to eat more of the fish themselves and the surplus can be sold anywhere in the World apart from the EU or tinned for long term storage and use.

What is it with the French and their obsession with fish? They've being going on about fish for about 30 years. Haven't they got their own fish they can go and catch? 

Anyway I'm a vegetarian so I'm not exactly a fan of "fishing" so whoever drags the fish out of their watery home is of no consequence to me.

But I see your point that the fish in British waters could be for this island's people. However not that many people like fish here I've noticed in comparison with other countries.

My parents eat a bit of it but I don't know anybody else that likes it.

The media is certainly going all out on Brexit Apocalypse right now. The comments in The Guardian are rather hysterical. Comments like youngsters' lives are now "ruined" and that they "have no opportunities" ( covid took care of that I'd say). 

They seem to forget that many European youngsters were coming over here to get jobs as there were none for them wherever they came from. Spain and Italy had higher youth unemployment than us ( I met quite a few over the past 5 years who told me that was why they were here, working part time jobs in Poundland and in call centres).

So if the EU is such a Shangri-la why would mainland Europeans be coming here?

We all know it isn't for the glorious sunshine.

And talking of sunshine, so so many comments crying over the fact that they have to now pay a few quid for a visa to go on their several flights a year to mainland Europe. Well, most of the world has to pay for visas to travel, what of it?

The same people on the other hand will be on board with being "eco friendly" forgetting that their several flights a year are polluting the atmosphere.

Then there is the inevitable yelling of "racist" at anyone who voted to leave the EU. Accusations that "you hate Johnny foreigner", forgetting that these policies allowed poor mainland Europeans like the Roma to come over here with little skills, unable to speak English and ending up as poor as Romania or Hungary where they came from, with no prospects here either.

But on the other hand surgeons, doctors and other medical professionals with much to offer our hospitals and health services from outside Europe have to pay for visas and have a job secured before they arrive. 

So, let in poor Romas with no prospects because they have an EU passport but make it more difficult for a highly skilled doctor from South Africa or Australia to come and do a professional job here?

Where is the sense and fairness in that?

My brother is a nurse in a hospital and knows of medical professionals from South Africa who only got short term visas or had to make lengthy applications to work in his hospital for much needed vacancies. But in certain areas where I live crowds of Romas conjugate in the streets begging and have no work or any chance of getting any.

But to state that, one is deemed "racist."

Edited by itsnotallrightjack
  • Like 3
On 12/12/2020 at 1:03 PM, numnuts said:

I think we need to all be worrying about what cheating, lying, stealing and other stunts the PTB are going to get up to, between now and the end of this year. My personal belief is that they are going to need an added 'ingredient', in order to successfully pull off the postponement, essentially cancellation, of Brexit.

4 hours ago, numnuts said:

For sure. I have also consistently been saying that 'something else' needs to happen, in order for the PTB to successfully pull off the postponement, essentially cancellation, of Brexit. I am thinking about the spectre of the Beirut explosion; the increase in the terror threat level that occurred in November; the recent 'alleged' confession of Hashem Abedi in prison, so as to try and wrap up any doubts the public might have about the Manchester Arena bombing; and a general feeling that the PTB will pull some stunt in the Boxing Day to New Year's Eve period.

The key question is will this contrived French border blockade chaos, alone, work for the PTB as a 'Remain' excuse? I don't know. I will just say that I reckon they do at least have a big bomb all ready to go in London, if they feel that they need to use it. 

P.S. Folks can believe what they choose to. I will also add that 'someone' was standing outside where I live the other evening, for a good 15 minutes or so, and I got the impression that it was an act of attempted intimidation.

As I said on another thread a few hours ago. So, are these new freight transport problems, plus all of the U.K. travel bans being introduced around the world, enough of an added ingredient for the PTB to adequately bake the 'Remain In The E.U.' cake? I really don't know.   

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55389505

'Covid-19: Dover port halts traffic to France for 48 hours.'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55385768

'Covid: Nations impose UK travel bans over new variant.'

Edited by numnuts
7 hours ago, DarianF said:

4r7rb9.jpg

Yep, they are still going on about the fish and blocking the lorries coming in. How petty. Mind you there's stuff on it we don't really need like :

Salad ingredients including lettuces, cucumbers, sweet peppers and tomatoes.

Broccoli and spinach.

Courgettes.

Soft fruits including strawberries and raspberries.

Citrus fruit, some of which comes from Spain.

Mange tout and fine beans, some of which are transported by road from Europe after being flown in from Kenya.

Some tropical fruits that usually come to the UK via Europe.

Flowers, 90% of which are imported.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/dec/21/sainsburys-port-restrictions-missing-products-uk

I got some peppers from the Lidl the other week that I haven't even opened. I do love stuffed peppers, but I can manage without them. I think  might have a bag of frozen sliced ones in the freezer (I got a lot of various frozen veg in there). I'm not keen on courgettes( marrow is nicer), so who cares about them.

I got frozen blueberries from Lidl last week! I don't eat citrus fruit that much because it aggravates the GERD I get bouts of.

Who needs mangetout and "fine beans" when there are peas? Peas are the best! 

Tropical fruits and fresh flowers are a luxury not a necessity.

I love salad, but it's winter so I got a big bag of carrots to make soup (with red lentils). Salad isn't necessary in winter.

We ain't gonna starve! Last time I was in the big Tescos up the road it had tons of bags of spuds for 39p! I never bothered getting any cos I have some in the cupboard already and some sweet potatoes as well. 

Never had a lot of that list above in the 1970s when I was a little 'un. 

23 hours ago, numnuts said:

As I said on another thread a few hours ago. So, are these new freight transport problems, plus all of the U.K. travel bans being introduced around the world, enough of an added ingredient for the PTB to adequately bake the 'Remain In The E.U.' cake? I really don't know.   

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55389505

'Covid-19: Dover port halts traffic to France for 48 hours.'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55385768

'Covid: Nations impose UK travel bans over new variant.'

I am not one bit surprised: the French are holding our lorries hostage for the fish. Boris should just let them have the fish, as they are gonna keep on about it until eternity it seems. 

I saw this coming a mile off.

Well we didn't starve when the Nazis blocked ships coming in with food imports during the war, and we won't starve now.

There's still plenty of foodstuffs to eat. We don't really need tropical fruits and salads in the winter. 

On 12/22/2020 at 3:02 AM, itsnotallrightjack said:

I am not one bit surprised: the French are holding our lorries hostage for the fish. Boris should just let them have the fish, as they are gonna keep on about it until eternity it seems. 

I saw this coming a mile off.

Well we didn't starve when the Nazis blocked ships coming in with food imports during the war, and we won't starve now.

There's still plenty of foodstuffs to eat. We don't really need tropical fruits and salads in the winter. 

You saw this coming a mile off, and so did I.

We've known for four years now that the UK would be leaving the EU.

Why haven't we used these four years to start encouraging our own farmers to grow more fruits and vegetables?

Granted, there are probably a lot that can't be grown in our climate, but surely a lot of 'staples' can be?

This is the biggest failure on the part of our government, the failure to get our farmers growing again, farmers used to receiving free handouts from the EU to do very little.

Instead, it seems our government want to replace the EU subsidies for farmers / landowners, with payouts to keep their land 'natural' because muh, "climate change".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55102891

Even after we leave the EU, they're happy to keep importing food from the EU, food that we could quite easily produce ourselves. And don't get me started on the fishing industry, another cocked-up debacle.

• Like 1
On 12/22/2020 at 3:02 AM, itsnotallrightjack said:

Indeed not, but that was before the country was flooded with immigrants. 

We are clearly no longer in a position to feed ourselves. If we could evict all the third-world free-loaders being given free houses and pious Muslim child groomers then we might stand a chance.

On 12/13/2020 at 1:49 AM, Steph said:

"EU law shall continue to have effect...", but the politicians say we are out of the EU. On the plus side, no one ever voted for the EU to dictate the law to the UK, politicians are meaningless. We'll just have to lie, cheat and steal our human rights back.

Human rights are fictions.

Article 29.

(3) These rights and freedoms may in no case be exercised contrary to the purposes and principles of the United Nations.

https://www.un.org/en/universal-declaration-human-rights/

The following BBC article, from earlier on today, was worth a good chuckle. The best bit related to us simply having to 'rejoin the E.U.'. Yes, we 'legally left', even though literally nothing changed, and we can now just 'rejoin the E.U.' to right the wrong of Brexit. Some shills know no bullshit limits.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-55416939

'Brexit: How do voters now feel about it?'

Then, my good chuckle turned into a loud guffaw, after subsequently reading the following article.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55422729

'Brexit: EU-UK trade deal expected, as cabinet briefed.'

The PTB really are making it all up as they go along now. If anyone thinks that a legitimate Brexit deal is going to be imminently struck, anything other than an obvious mega-fudge, then they will be very disappointed come 1st January 2021.

Edited by numnuts
14 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

You saw this coming a mile off, and so did I.

We've known for four years now that the UK would be leaving the EU.

Why haven't we used these four years to start encouraging our own farmers to grow more fruits and vegetables?

Granted, there are probably a lot that can't be grown in our climate, but surely a lot of 'staples' can be?

This is the biggest failure on the part of our government, the failure to get our farmers growing again, farmers used to receiving free handouts from the EU to do very little.

Instead, it seems our government want to replace the EU subsidies for farmers / landowners, with payouts to keep their land 'natural' because muh, "climate change".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55102891

Even after we leave the EU, they're happy to keep importing food from the EU, food that we could quite easily produce ourselves. And don't get me started on the fishing industry, another cocked-up debacle.

Questions anyone with any common sense would be asking, but not the idiots in parliament!

Importing apples and pears that we could grow ourselves--but oh- wait--we got rid of orchards that we'd had for centuries.

We have good arable land and could feed ourselves with plenty. If that wasn't the case then there'd have been mass starvation during the 1940s and there wasn't. Of course people had less and had to be creative with meals, but as a result there was no obesity. 

Tropical climate fruit and vegetables of course have to be imported, but let's face it mangos and strawberries in winter are not necessities. We only had bananas in the 1970s, and they cost a quid for a bunch of 4, so they were more of a treat. My Mum always got a bunch a week and used them to make home made trifle with. They were appreciated!

As for the fish-enough said!

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Truthspoon said:

Indeed not, but that was before the country was flooded with immigrants. 

We are clearly no longer in a position to feed ourselves. If we could evict all the third-world free-loaders being given free houses and pious Muslim child groomers then we might stand a chance.

Many of these "immigrants" actually contribute to feeding the nation. There's Arabic, Asian and African supermarkets and stores in my local area. They import from Africa, Asia and the middle east. Often their produce is cheaper than the mainstream supermarkets, especially for rice and bags of nuts.

6 hours ago, numnuts said:

The following BBC article, from earlier on today, was worth a good chuckle. The best bit related to us simply having to 'rejoin the E.U.'. Yes, we 'legally left', even though literally nothing changed, and we can now just 'rejoin the E.U.' to right the wrong of Brexit. Some shills know no bullshit limits.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-55416939

'Brexit: How do voters now feel about it?'

Then, my good chuckle turned into a loud guffaw, after subsequently reading the following article.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55422729

'Brexit: EU-UK trade deal expected, as cabinet briefed.'

The PTB really are making it all up as they go along now. If anyone thinks that a legitimate Brexit deal is going to be imminently struck, anything other than an obvious mega-fudge, then they will be very disappointed come 1st January 2021.

I can envision Starmer/Labour winning the next election and then implementing a rejoin or at least the EEC. I dunno why we didn't just stay as EEC in the first place.

3 hours ago, itsnotallrightjack said:

I can envision Starmer/Labour winning the next election and then implementing a rejoin or at least the EEC. I dunno why we didn't just stay as EEC in the first place.

We are not leaving the E.U.. Not a chance the PTB would have pushed most of the nation in to Tier 4 come Boxing Day, under the pretence of a mutant virus strain, if they had any intention of delivering even a remotely credible Brexit. There will be a political trick or 'something else' anti-Brexit will happen. If I had to speculate, then I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear a lot about 'phases', on multiple aspects, if the text of a proposed deal does indeed surface today. More buying of time.   

• Like 1