Anti Lockdown Protest - Birmimgham - NOW - Today 05/12/2020

2 hours ago, Basket Case said:

What Gareth Icke says from about 54 minutes is CRITICAL.

He says the UK Government admits they don't know if the Pfizer vaccine will make you infertile.

I started a thread about this today

Edited by Golden Retriever
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, Basket Case said:

That's not good :O( 

I was switching.
l saw no police :O)
They're still marching  :O)

Looks like a decent turnout, I wasn't aware this was taking place, but then again I'm still a bit under the weather so wouldn't have gone.

Yes its interesting too, the difference between policing protests in London and Birmingham.

Met Police: riot gear, batons, twatting protestors and holding them to the ground.

West Midlands Police: carry on, we ain't bothered...

1 minute ago, Grumpy Owl said:

I wasn't aware this was taking place

Neither was l.....

2 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

Yes its interesting too, the difference between policing protests in London and Birmingham.

Yep, l wonder if it's anything to do with the outcome of Piers Corbyn's court result ?

14 minutes ago, Basket Case said:

That's not good :O( 

I was switching.
l saw no police :O)
They're still marching  :O)

They passed a few coppers on the March. But those officers were guarding Debenhams, not interested in the Marchers. Shortly after, there was a girl who managed to get one of the bystanders to join the march. There was a woman who took off her mask when she saw the protestors. 

Just now, a load of people were singing a Bob Marley track. That gave me goosebumps a bit. 

A very encouraging demonstration. Shows that when left to our own devices, we can peacefully demonstrate. The one difference here is that there has been no provocation (so far - the day's not over yet). 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Basket Case said:

Yep, l wonder if it's anything to do with the outcome of Piers Corbyn's court result ?

Nah, I think its more the fact that the over-the-top police reaction to any protest in London is all part of the 'theatre', a show for the media.

I went to the last rally in Birmingham, there was only a handful of police officers there, just leaving us all to it, and happily chatting with people.

56 minutes ago, Oakwise said:

They passed a few coppers on the March. But those officers were guarding Debenhams, not interested in the Marchers. Shortly after, there was a girl who managed to get one of the bystanders to join the march. There was a woman who took off her mask when she saw the protestors. 

I did hear in one of the live streams someone saying that the crowd in Victoria Square was only a couple of hundred people, but the numbers grew as people joined the march round the city centre.

Meanwhile in the Birmingham Mail:

'This is tyranny' - lockdown protesters in Birmingham tout dangerous vaccine message

Birmingham City Council leader urged people to call out "dangerous anti-vaccination myths"

0_Coronavirus-Sat-Dec-5-2020.jpg

Protestors have taken to Birmingham to demonstrate against the coronavirus lockdown.

On the first weekend since the city was placed into tier three restrictions, protesters including Jeremy Corbyn's brother Piers headed to Victoria Square with placards.

They read messages such as 'Covid-19 equals control', 'this is tyranny', 'no Gestapo policing' and 'do not comply'.

This comes as shoppers made their way back into the city centre after a month away from physical Christmas shopping.

The protests also warned against the forthcoming Covid-19 vaccine - seen as a major leap forward to get back to normality - the day after the Birmingham City Council leader urged people to call out "dangerous anti-vaccination myths"

The vaccine, created by Pfizer and its partner BioNTech, has been given the go-ahead by regulators after it proved 95 per cent effective.

0_Coronavirus-Sat-Dec-5-2020.jpg

Meanwhile, hospital bosses in the West Midlands have warned about ICU spaces on the back of demand from people suffering from coronavirus.

Speaking earlier this week, Birmingham City Council leader Ian Ward warned against listening to messages from 'anti-vaxxers'.

Cllr Ward said: "And I have a request for everyone in the press conference today - that we call out the dangerous anti-vaccination myths, in order to reassure the public ahead of the vaccination roll out.

"Vaccinations work. The smallpox vaccination has already saved more lives than the total lost in the Second World War. And we know that some of these illnesses kill, and they can also have debilitating effects on people’s lives.

"If we’re going to conquer this virus and if we’re going to return to more normal lives we need people to come forward and take the vaccination.

"That is the route out of this crisis, and I would encourage everyone, when their turn comes in the queue, as it were."

From: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/this-tyranny-lockdown-protesters-birmingham-19406318

If the vaccine is so 'safe', why do the public need to be 'reassured'?

• Like 1