Have You Ever Tried To Release Yourself Into The Sleep Paralysis Terror? My experience.

For all who have experienced sleep paralysis, the one thing that we can agree on is that its one of the most terrifying experiences one can have. Waking up in a dark room unable to move any part of your body while simultaneously being forcefully dragged back to sleep is not an exciting experience. But what if instead of trying all you can to break the paralysis, you let yourself sink into the terror. That's what I did exactly. It happened to me at a time when I was studying the concepts of lucid dreaming and astral projection as well as the many ways in which to induce them such as visualization. Long story short, I wake up and I'm having a sleep paralysis moment. I'm freaked out and my first instincts is to obviously try to break it. But then as I am trying to shake my head ( I always start by visualizing shaking my head when breaking the paralysis) I suddenly have a rational moment in which i monologue that i have been through several of these experiences and that there was nothing to really be afraid of.

So i calm myself down and start on a visualization technique for astral projection where i imagined i was floating on water then my 'spirit/astral/soul' self began to sink. And it worked. What sleep paralysis had done for me was it had taken me to a place i always intended to reach via meditating. I slowly began sinking and I could breath inside this water. I then out of the blues heard a woman's voice and she said "follow me." I couldn't see her, but I could feel her presence and I sort of felt comfortable and knew where to swim to. As i swam further down I began to see a bar-cage/cell then she asked me to look. I saw an old man with white beards inside who was a prisoner but I couldn't understand why he was a prisoner because the door of the cell was open. Then suddenly I knew that I knew that I was the old man in the cage. Once I became aware of this knowledge, My mind started to reason out what I was experiencing. I started thinking of how it was impossible to breath underwater, though I could breath perfectly, and the fear of drowning caused me to start swimming upwards. When I got to the surface I woke up. Since then I have been trying to induce sleep paralysis in order to meet this "woman" again and try to understand what she was trying to show me. 

What has been your experience with sleep paralysis? 

Edited by Adino
  • Like 2

• Adino changed the title to Have You Ever Tried To Release Yourself Into The Sleep Paralysis Terror? My experience.

Wow very interesting experience! What, if anything, have you taken from the imagery of yourself being the imprisoned old man within the cage? 

Thankfully I have only experienced sleep paralysis once but it was utterly terrifying 

As I believed that I was waking up I realised (or interpreted) that I'd actually been woken by a demon clutching at my throat, I tried to fight but instantly this thing had me pinned to the ceiling and was thrashing me against it repeatedly whilst screaching in demonic tones. The whole experience seemed so very real and when I eventually did wake up and it was over, my partner at the time was like "Wtf? You just spent three minutes fast asleep screaming your head off and I couldn't wake you!" 

9 hours ago, LeGrimez said:

Wow very interesting experience! What, if anything, have you taken from the imagery of yourself being the imprisoned old man within the cage? 

Thankfully I have only experienced sleep paralysis once but it was utterly terrifying 

As I believed that I was waking up I realised (or interpreted) that I'd actually been woken by a demon clutching at my throat, I tried to fight but instantly this thing had me pinned to the ceiling and was thrashing me against it repeatedly whilst screaching in demonic tones. The whole experience seemed so very real and when I eventually did wake up and it was over, my partner at the time was like "Wtf? You just spent three minutes fast asleep screaming your head off and I couldn't wake you!" 

My interpretation was that all this while I have been in a cage that I can walk out of, if I wanted to because nothing is truly holding me back. I hope I don't end up growing old without living that mental prison to a higher level of consciousness. When my mind began to struggle between my experience of breathing under water and my scientific logical knowledge of its impossibility.....I kind of took that as the problem. I should not try to interpret my experiences from a logical standpoint but take them as they are.

7 hours ago, Steph said:

I woke up and couldn't move twice in my life. There were no associated dreams. Dreams aren't what people said they were when I was a child. There's something else going on.

yes...there's definitely more to dreams than being a screensaver for the resting mind

5 hours ago, Demonstryt said:

Yeah I've done this. Definitely a dark vibe from doing it. But the most terrifying experience to me was when I did this hemi-sync meditation. Shit was all fucked up

I'm definitely trying the hemi-sync meditation tonight. The experience might just give me another topic to discuss.

• 1 month later...

Your prison may be the irrational fear of death. That is why we dont leave our cage and that is what made you swim away. I think the lesson is there and maybe until you overcome your fear of mortality, which is an illusion, you will remain in your cage and be denied further access to the astral realm.

Who are you really, the floating spirit or the caged man?

• Like 1

Sleep paralysis got me into alternative theories when I was a young teenager. When it first happened I thought I was dead. Then I got the vibrations and literally thought a demon was shaking me. (Blame the Presbyterian Sunday school for that 😂). This was around 1988, so no internet or easily accessible info on oobes( out of body experiences) or sleep paralysis.

A few months later something amazing happened. My mum came back from the local library with a copy of Robert A Monroe's 'Journey out of the body'. She claimed that she thought I'd be interested in it because of the front cover which shows a man's spirit body lifting out if his body.

When I started reading this book I couldn't believe that Robert was describing the exact sensations that I had felt . It felt so liberating knowing that someone else had experienced this. Then I  realised that the sleep paralysis could be a pre cursor to oobes at least according to the book.

I have had some experiences throughout the years with hemisync.

If anyone is interested I'll post them here. Take care everyone

• Like 1

On 12/2/2020 at 11:32 AM, Adino said:

I then out of the blues heard a woman's voice and she said "follow me." I couldn't see her, but I could feel her presence and I sort of felt comfortable and knew where to swim to. As i swam further down I began to see a bar-cage/cell then she asked me to look. I saw an old man with white beards inside who was a prisoner but I couldn't understand why he was a prisoner because the door of the cell was open. Then suddenly I knew that I knew that I was the old man in the cage.

did she convey a boon? Do you feel you have gained any new insight since?

• Like 1

In my experiences most of the times I have had this happen it was a prelude to me exiting the body and astral traveling. You may want to try what I call the 'roll out method' where you operate your etheric body to roll onto the floor. Most of all, please do not have any fear.

Edited by Mountain
  • Like 1

On 1/12/2021 at 8:30 PM, Darryl Worthington said:

Sleep paralysis got me into alternative theories when I was a young teenager. When it first happened I thought I was dead. Then I got the vibrations and literally thought a demon was shaking me. (Blame the Presbyterian Sunday school for that 😂). This was around 1988, so no internet or easily accessible info on oobes( out of body experiences) or sleep paralysis.

A few months later something amazing happened. My mum came back from the local library with a copy of Robert A Monroe's 'Journey out of the body'. She claimed that she thought I'd be interested in it because of the front cover which shows a man's spirit body lifting out if his body.

When I started reading this book I couldn't believe that Robert was describing the exact sensations that I had felt . It felt so liberating knowing that someone else had experienced this. Then I  realised that the sleep paralysis could be a pre cursor to oobes at least according to the book.

I have had some experiences throughout the years with hemisync.

If anyone is interested I'll post them here. Take care everyone

Please do post the materials. I only learnt about Robert a couple of months ago. I will really appreciate.

On 1/13/2021 at 7:06 PM, Mountain said:

In my experiences most of the times I have had this happen it was a prelude to me exiting the body and astral traveling. You may want to try what I call the 'roll out method' where you operate your etheric body to roll onto the floor. Most of all, please do not have any fear.

Every time that i have tried this method my body was the one to roll. I depend on sleep paralysis for the vibration( it just does all the work for me) but i only end up lucid dreaming as i have never seen my body. Do you have any good videos to watch on how to do it rightly or book you can recommend?

On 1/12/2021 at 8:31 PM, Darryl Worthington said:

That reminds me on an experience I had with salvia. Waking up in this dimension was terrifying and devastating. 

What's Salvia?

How did you get there?

On 1/11/2021 at 12:43 PM, Seconal said:

Your prison may be the irrational fear of death. That is why we dont leave our cage and that is what made you swim away. I think the lesson is there and maybe until you overcome your fear of mortality, which is an illusion, you will remain in your cage and be denied further access to the astral realm.

Who are you really, the floating spirit or the caged man?

You are 100% right.....I fear death so much I have made it my life's mission to amass as much resources as I can to fund a research to find its solution. This is based on the existence of creatures in the world today which are biologically immortal

1 hour ago, rideforever said:

I usually just fight and scream and shake myself again and again until my body is lifting up and smacking down on the bed ... then I wake up and it's over

One day when it happens again.....embolden yourself and despite the enormous amount of fear that you are experiencing allow yourself to sink and try an out of body experience technique.

Could the nightmare of paralysis actually be the initial part of astral travel. Yet we are unable to float out of our body. Our Astral body becoming stuck right inside the area of the physical body creating the illusion of paralysis. The fear forming dark archetypal beings. Our fear of mortality, the belief that death is permanent and that we are not spirit in body that may cause intense fear in the body and the inability to imagine leaving its physical confines.

Edited by Seconal

2 hours ago, Adino said:

One day when it happens again.....embolden yourself and despite the enormous amount of fear that you are experiencing allow yourself to sink and try an out of body experience technique.

I have practiced several types of lucid sleeping, mostly Taoist ... but I think this is not a path of evolution but of de-evolution.  That kind of spirituality is for people who are unable to become Conscious.

All Astral / Lucid dreaming means entering the Subconscious world ... but ... that's not a place you want to go; that's like the Soho nightclubs of existence - fun for a while but dark things in there as well.

Only in the Conscious you are safe.

It started happening to me when I moved into a flat, south of England.

It was a nice flat, good price etc..but no one had rented it for over a year. Puzzling, I thought.

I started working at a care home for the first time around that time also.

It started off with haunting energies such as hearing someone walking in the hallway (although it was a flat, it was a house converted in to two flats. The neighbour was rarely present as he lived with his partner most of the time. We seen him once a week). I knew when he was in also as it was a different sound.

I'll never forget the day I went to the bathroom and heard the footsteps so close to the door. I was absolutely terrified.

Not long after that, the sleep paralysis started.

First I thought it was a really horrible dream! I was very shaken..so spent the day at Monkey World. Haha.

However, it returned the following day.

One thing I did find, was that it didn't happen when I woke up. It would only happen when I was lying on my back, closing my eyes and ready for a nap.

I wasn't asleep though.

Very much awake a lot of the time. But then something would happen and I could sense it was coming and nothing could stop it.

The noises of screams and laughter......smells....physical contact.

Horrible.

The only thing that got me out of these spells was to pray.

Once I moved away from there, it became a rare occurrence. 

I haven't had it for a while, but whenever I feel the paralysis coming, I am able to snap out of it quickly.

18 hours ago, rideforever said:

I have practiced several types of lucid sleeping, mostly Taoist ... but I think this is not a path of evolution but of de-evolution.  That kind of spirituality is for people who are unable to become Conscious.

All Astral / Lucid dreaming means entering the Subconscious world ... but ... that's not a place you want to go; that's like the Soho nightclubs of existence - fun for a while but dark things in there as well.

Only in the Conscious you are safe.

But when you die you go to the subconscious. So wouldn't you kinda get used to it? And if the subconscious is de-evolution doesn't that mean that death is de-evolution and pretty much dying is devolving which kinda makes sense but I feel like I'm skewing your message a bit and mistaking what you're saying

39 minutes ago, Demonstryt said:

But when you die you go to the subconscious. So wouldn't you kinda get used to it? And if the subconscious is de-evolution doesn't that mean that death is de-evolution and pretty much dying is devolving which kinda makes sense but I feel like I'm skewing your message a bit and mistaking what you're saying

There is another factor that is important and that is individuality.
What is the internet ?  It is a collective consciousness ... like a shared brain.  Well humans have built a physical representation with their servers and cables ... but already they are connected.
Part of us is collective ... part of us individual.
Inside your head you think thoughts of the crowd ... and others of yourself.
Do you see.
This is all the deep structure of our existence.
When I said we share a collective consciousness ... well it's actually a collective subconsciousness.
Basically we are a herd and the herd has one collective subconsciousness.
Existence pours this herd into different bodies ... mostly upon death the body breaks it's all poured back into the soup and stirred ... whoever that body was no longer exists ... because it never existed.

Spirituality deals with individualisation.  It means that whilst in the body this particular bit ... started to live as itself.  It developed its own thoughts and feelings.  It fused into an individual.  It is quite rare.
Then when the body breaks it all goes back in the pot.
But it does not dissolve because it was fused into an individual ...and at some point it is laddled into another body and is still the same person  - it is immortal.

Most people upon death ... just dissolve because they never actually became individuals.   So nothing is lost, just an illusion.
Consciousness is a higher intelligence that forms individuals.  It's not just a higher collective .... Consciousness means individualisation.
More or less.