Issues with main DavidIcke.com site

novymir

Hi, just letting you know when I attempt to access D.I.'s main site I am getting one of those pop-ups that requires me to check the boxes with some object in it like a fire hydrant or a bicycle, but it's not working like normal, when I check the boxes it just keeps repeating like I did it wrong and won't go away.

...now when I clicked outside of the pop-up box it went away...

Edited by novymir
update
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, novymir said:

Hi, just letting you know when I attempt to access D.I.'s main site I am getting one of those pop-ups that requires me to check the boxes with some object in it like a fire hydrant or a bicycle, but it's not working like normal, when I check the boxes it just keeps repeating like I did it wrong and won't go away.

How are you accrssing the site ?

Phone / PC / Laptop / Pad ?
Browser ?
Laptop working fine here...straight in with no messing, no boxes / captcha
BC

8 minutes ago, Basket Case said:

How are you accrssing the site ?

Phone / PC / Laptop / Pad ?
Browser ?
Laptop working fine here...straight in with no messing, no boxes / captcha
BC

Laptop from a bookmark, w/firefox-duckduckgo. I just tried to access Jon Rappaport's site and that wouldn't load on 2 attempts(I know that might mean nothing). Location-MetroMN USA(the belly of the Beast).

The capcha popup comes back when I go to the various news article pages on the main site.

Edited by novymir

I'd like to thank you for providing thought provoking robust articles and links. Your site has now become one of the only means of gaining information on Covid which challenges the official narratives.

A few days ago I noticed the appearance of the captcha verification system on your site. Is that introduced by you or is it an external process? For those using the TOR browser, the captha system will not allow normal verification.

Whatever the case, I will continue using your site. Tanks again, There are few alternatives.

• Like 1

Topic split off as it is not really a forum issue.

5 hours ago, novymir said:

That sounds like Google Recaptcha verification, to prove you are 'human' and not a bot.

It is normally only utilised on login/registration pages (which the main DI website doesn't have) or on contact forms where it is enabled.

I did notice the Recaptcha logo on the site yesterday, but it doesn't appear to be there now, so perhaps it has been disabled.

4 hours ago, Basket Case said:

That might be your problem.
l used to really like Firefox but it's gone to shit IMO.
lt doesn't like Bitchute either..

I use Firefox myself, alongside DuckDuckGo and AdBlock Plus, no problems here with the DI website.

1 hour ago, Basket Case said:

lf it is similar to Firefox, there might be problems.

I tried Tor once before, it does look and function very similar to Firefox so I think it is based on it.

7 hours ago, novymir said:

I've been experiencing the same thing. If I click on a story I get the boxes, it happens on every story I click on.  I can  make it go away by clicking next to the pop up boxes, but  then I have to scroll up to the top of the page again.  I'll try a different browser.

It's because of google tags. There's an external script collecting analytics and it sees certain connections with privacy features as not human. This is a change in googles data collection engine that's affecting other parts of google like its search engine.

I've had a similar issue with Royal Mail tracking website throwing up captchas when trying to check tracking numbers today. 🤓

But no captcha's on the DavidIcke.com website for me.

Any 'issue' will be with Google Recaptcha rather than the website, as Recaptcha is only used on forms that collect input data (to prevent automated submissions)

This problem is common. If you are using a different DNS server such as Cloudflare, or OpenDNS, or even Tor, it confuses the webserver. Such security is in place to prevent denial-of-service attacks (DDOS). For instance, Apache webservers are prone to SlowLoris attacks, i.e. multiple http requests overload a webserver which accumilates multiple requests from a single computer - most of these scripts are simple python scripts run by terminal that are used by most script kiddies to take down websites by overloading them with multiple http/https requests. You can browse the site via Tor, but you will still need to complete the captas, which often require Javascript enabled in the browser.

Edited by kestrel

11 hours ago, Ethel said:

There were just issues with the forum itself. I got the '502 error' screen. It happened a number of times.

That error is generally a problem with the webserver itself that hosts the site.. Can be caused by websites changing their DNS which can take time to propergate across the internet, but could also be linked to firewall problems. Hope that helps.

• Like 1