A few tools to help secure your privacy on windows based systems

https://github.com/WindowsLies/BlockWindows/
Stop Windows 7 through 10 Nagging and Spying updates, Tasks, IPs, and services. Works with Windows 7 through 10

www.sordum.org

- Easy Services Optimizer can turn on and off Windows services with the goal of freeing up resources , By disabling unnecessary services, the performance can be improved.

- Windows Update Blocker is a freeware that helps you to completely disable or enable Automatic Updates on your Windows system , with just a click of the button

https://www.w10privacy.de/english-home/

W10Privacy  - Privacy made easy

https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10

O&O ShutUp10 means you have full control over which comfort functions under Windows 10 you wish to use, and you decide when the passing on of your data goes too far. Using a very simple interface, you decide how Windows 10 should respect your privacy by deciding which unwanted functions should be deactivated.

O&O ShutUp10 is entirely free and does not have to be installed – it can be simply run directly and immediately on your PC. And it will not install or download retrospectively unwanted or unnecessary software, like so many other programs do these days!

any advice on what VPN to get ? my nord ran out yesterday and i'm debating whether to renew it for £45 for the year or go for ExpressVPN which is £77 for 15 months.

windows is crafty, especially when your computer restarts. it changes your settings to turning on your network discovery and print sharing in the 'Change advanced sharing settings' after a few mins when your computer is all loaded up so when that happens make sure to check it.

I'm using Trisquel. It's Ubuntu except theres tonnes of junk removed like when you visit a server, you visit that server and there isnt connections being opened to other servers to let them know you're visiting that genuine server your visiting. Theres bits and pieces that dont work like at boot up the loader gets confused what dimension my screen is because theres two screens. Nothing major, easy to fix if I could be bothered. The only issue is the word processor is shit and the repository lacks a jvm file for libre office meaning java functions like spell check wont work on a standard install so libre office has to be installed by deb. Windows died at XP service pack 3. You had to be a gamer or to have heavily invested in a productivity suite that wouldn't work on Wine to keep using Windows after that. It was like Bill Gates thinks he owns my computer? Now google thinks it owns phone. Screw these big corporations screwing everyone.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Steph said:

I'm using Trisquel. It's Ubuntu except theres tonnes of junk removed like when you visit a server, you visit that server and there isnt connections being opened to other servers to let them know you're visiting that genuine server your visiting. Theres bits and pieces that dont work like at boot up the loader gets confused what dimension my screen is because theres two screens. Nothing major, easy to fix if I could be bothered. The only issue is the word processor is shit and the repository lacks a jvm file for libre office meaning java functions like spell check wont work on a standard install so libre office has to be installed by deb. Windows died at XP service pack 3. You had to be a gamer or to have heavily invested in a productivity suite that wouldn't work on Wine to keep using Windows after that. It was like Bill Gates thinks he owns my computer? Now google thinks it owns phone. Screw these big corporations screwing everyone.

i went with nord again. seen they were doing a 68% off deal for two years (£82 including VAT). i use it for my amazon fire tablet too so i don't want the hassle of getting to know how to go through a different installation set-up.

i also have a Dell windows vista laptop lol. it's not the worst., just has a black spot on the top left hand of the screen. but trying to update and install things on it is a problem as it's that old and new software and programmes don't recognize it.

This was a windows 10 when I bought it but dual booting was a bit of an issue because the secondary hard disk is slow. It was either dump windows or dont dump windows. I saved the windows product key incase I wanted windows back then dumped windows and installed xubuntu for a while and I was noticing all the security holes in that too so I went with trisquel instead.

As for a VPN, I wouldn't give them the money. You're on other threads going on about being gangstalked. You should be using TOR. TOR is robust even against government level intrusion, whereas a VPN is like some Stasi saying "The government need to see this" and the VPN going, okay here you go. TOR is like putting layers of VPNs between you and anything you don't want cyberstalking you. You'll need a brand new online identity and a regime of keeping your liberty identity separate from the one where the great protectors of your human rights are useless at preventing people doing a butthole inspection thanks to internal corruption. Chinese government cant crack TOR in azure mode but an £82 VPN IDs you right away if the people stalking you can see your bank transactions.

PS TOR doesnt cost a bean and its much more secure.

Edited by Steph
  • Like 1