Can TPB Spoof An IP Address ??

HistoryIsComplex

I was discussing NWO type stuff on a similarly themed internet forum to this one, when I was suddenly blocked from even viewing the site because "An attack on our website has originated from your IP Address". It listed my IP address next to that.

I'm a bit stumped by this - there is just an old-ish Internet laptop and a not very fast ADSL connection on my end.

Can these people now launch a DDOS attack (or whatever happened) on a website and make it look like it came from your IP address?

If they can hijack IP addresses like this - and I am presuming now that the Internet infrastructure actually allows this - they could do all sorts of shit online, and it would trace back to your IP address, not theirs.

Anyone had this happen to them before?

You can spoof IPs, mobiles and emails, yes. In your case I suspect the mods wanted to kick you off the forum and them knowing your IP, because IPs show in the mod's control panel, used that info as an excuse. It seems a tad excessive because if they wanted to boot you then they wouldn't really need to explain themselves, it would simply be 'sayonara'.

3 hours ago, wingwang said:

You can spoof IPs, mobiles and emails, yes. In your case I suspect the mods wanted to kick you off the forum and them knowing your IP, because IPs show in the mod's control panel, used that info as an excuse. It seems a tad excessive because if they wanted to boot you then they wouldn't really need to explain themselves, it would simply be 'sayonara'.

They weren't trying to kick me off. I was barely posting there. It was an automatic anti-attack script that blocked my IP address and told me an attack happened.

I have asked to have my account reinstated and immediately got it back.

But something or someone attacked the forum from my IP Address or wider IP block it seems.

Guest Gone Fishing...
10 hours ago, HistoryIsComplex said:

I was discussing NWO type stuff on a similarly themed internet forum to this one, when I was suddenly blocked from even viewing the site because "An attack on our website has originated from your IP Address". It listed my IP address next to that.

Stop using free VPNs then..?

Buy a dedicated one.

Guest Gone Fishing...
13 minutes ago, Ethel said:

What do you recommend and what are the costs involved in that?

There's lots of VPN offers.
lf you search, then take your time to look at feedback and reviews l'm sure you'll pick a good deal..
BC

This is a chromebook and its google saying its detected dodgy traffic right?

You didnt get the latest googlespy+++ upgrade to your google product so it assumes your dodgy. This is a good sign goliath is bling. Installed spyware on a billion devices over night without knowledge or consent from exploitees? This makes confickr look like a naughty prank.