Hi all! As the title suggests this is about one of the strangest and most memorable recurring dreams I used to have as a child, at around 5 years old. So the dream always began with me skipping alongside my parents to what was at the time, the local playground. As we approached the play area my dad would notice and point out a new piece of equipment, which appeared to be a slide that went into the ground, there would be a short conversation between my parents and I about where the slide led to, with my dad always reassuring my mom and I that it must pop out somewhere else and for me to go and slide down it and then we would see! So, every time I had this dream I would run over and jump onto this slide that went into the ground, and every time I found myself sort of squeezed through a weird piece of machinery in atom form and then find myself put back together but trapped inside a tiny room. I would panic and then after a few seconds notice there were display screens on which I could see my parents, standing by the bench having a cigarette, still in their coats and shoes, mom with her handbag etc, then they would turn around and I would see that they were now human sized mantis looking insect people, I would experience intense terror then suddenly wake up. I had this dream every night for at least a year and then suddenly it stopped. Just curious if anyone has any opinions or thoughts really?! 

Edited by LeGrimez
Typo

You're a little over 50 years of age and you're parents were voting Labour. They were trendy enough to have a television and a record player for which they have a few singles by the Beatles amongst other artists. They owned the record player but rented the television and it was as new to you as them at some point in your childhood rather than something that was there in the house before you arrived. At least one of your great grandparents were alive at the time you were having these dreams. They didn't have a television.

How am I doing so far?

• Like 1

I don’t know the feelings and impressions you had during all the parts of the dream, but they will give insight to the meanings.  Like at the beginning were you content?  

Sometimes in dreams there will be an object that appears harmless or mundane but takes on bizarre or sinister characteristics.  The object may seem brighter than the other things, like a totem.   

In this case it is the slide.  Upon closer inspection of the slide, ask yourself:  what did the slide represent?  One interpretation of a slide is loss of control.  Children may feel this as they have little control over their lives.  

The people you thought were your parents ended up being counterfeit parents.  There was one who urged you toward the slide and one who had trepidation.  Could they have been aspects of yourself, one cautious and one daring?  

Going down you were broken in pieces then were put back together, but imprisoned.  There was a cut off between you and your parents, who, at the time, were the most important people in your life; your security.  That was compromised in your nightmare.  Was there a fear of losing them back then? 

Edited by Michi713
  • Like 1
19 hours ago, Steph said:

You're a little over 50 years of age and you're parents were voting Labour. They were trendy enough to have a television and a record player for which they have a few singles by the Beatles amongst other artists. They owned the record player but rented the television and it was as new to you as them at some point in your childhood rather than something that was there in the house before you arrived. At least one of your great grandparents were alive at the time you were having these dreams. They didn't have a television.

How am I doing so far?

I'm 29 but my parents were in their 50s at the time. They did indeed have a record player and we had a few of those TVs where you had to put a pound in! None of my great grandparents were alive at this time but both of my grandmother's were. Thank you for your reply! 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, rideforever said:

The first part is a typical conception - birth memory.

The second part I assume is because you are young born in an age of alienated families and watch a lot of weird sci fi and this has been mixed together.

I'm young-ish, 29. My family is definitely one of a lot of alienation and I was exposed to weird films as a child! Thank you for your reply! 

Edited by LeGrimez
Typo
6 hours ago, Michi713 said:

I don’t know the feelings and impressions you had during all the parts of the dream, but they will give insight to the meanings.  Like at the beginning were you content?  

Sometimes in dreams there will be an object that appears harmless or mundane but takes on bizarre or sinister characteristics.  The object may seem brighter than the other things, like a totem.   

In this case it is the slide.  Upon closer inspection of the slide, ask yourself:  what did the slide represent?  One interpretation of a slide is loss of control.  Children may feel this as they have little control over their lives.  

The people you thought were your parents ended up being counterfeit parents.  There was one who urged you toward the slide and one who had trepidation.  Could they have been aspects of yourself, one cautious and one daring?  

Going down you were broken in pieces then were put back together, but imprisoned.  There was a cut off between you and your parents, who, at the time, were the most important people in your life; your security.  That was compromised in your nightmare.  Was there a fear of losing them back then? 

At the beginning of the dream I was very content yes. It was a rare occasion of my parents getting along and actually taking me somewhere and they were acting in love. Interestingly at the exact same time frame I experienced this nightly dream I also was doing some very strange things in real life. Bedwetting, urinating in secret on the floor in my room before my mom woke up and when I did use the bathroom I was trying to pee like a boy. Please don't judge me I was 5 years old and of course am embarrassed by this lol. And there was indeed a fear of losing them at this time, they were in their 50s when I was 5 and I used to get incredibly worked up and upset at night worrying over the thought they would soon die. Thank you for your reply!