Is the Mandela Effect evidence of Parallel Universes

4 hours ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

And the sheep believe whatever they are told!

(Course its bloody lion).

This site seems to be on the side of the wolf:

Does the Bible say "The Lion shall lie down with the Lamb"?

From the site Alternate Memories:

Isaiah 11:6: What shall lie down with the lamb? 

Many people are claiming the bible said the lion shall lay down with the lamb, whereas today that appears to have been changed to a wolf.

The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them

Cynics are saying this only goes to show Christians don't actually read the bible in detail. Many would certainly disagree, but the actual line, whilst mentioning a lion, does plant an image in the mind which could end up being a lion and a lamb lying down together, and so triggering a Mass Memory Discrepancy Effect.

This appears as a Lion in many hymns, and numerous paintings inside churches.Just as many references are made to wolves too, such as "a wolf in sheep's clothing" or "the boy who cried wolf".

There are many, many references to The Lion and the Lamb to be found today. Here's the quotation for the Ambassador College seal: The Lion shall dwell with the lamb and a little child shall lead them in the world tomorrow

-- Isaiah 11.6

Many people are so sure the Bible once did say "The Lion shall lay down with the Lamb" that they are even claiming to know when it changed, with the consensus being around 2008/2009.

Here's the actual verse as seen in the Bible today:

The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them.

-- Isaiah 11.6

From King Kitty:

I call shenanigans on this site (no, not this site, that site). Don't worry, reading through the comment section attached to that story, and I'm not alone:

I spent my entire childhood and teen years/early adulthood in Sunday school and church. I remember coloring pictures of the lion and the lamb. I remember the minster preaching about the lion and the lamb, quoting the Bible passage. This has me totally freaked out. I even went to the attic and dug out my mother's old bible and looked up the verse. I was astonished when it said "wolf"...

I specifically remember reading Isaiah 11:6 and it always said "The Lion shall lay with the lamb...."

I spoke to my mother and she remembers the same thing. We both have read the bible from cover to cover at least ten times between the two of us.

She is a pastor's daughter to boot.

We ain't all crazy. Whatever it is, something has or is happening to change things. 

Edited by KingKitty
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, ink said:

Bullshit .... I remember Dolly, who HAD braces (the whole point of the scene) and it WAS Mirror Mirror!

Just because you do not recall and prefer whatever bull you are told to believe .... do not be mistaken about some of us actually remembering!

Bullshit back at you. Your memory is based on memories of someone else's mistake. The magic mirror quote is explained here:

Mirror, Mirror, on the Wall – Debunking Mandela Effects

Dolly DID have braces in the very first scene and not in any another. This represented a continuity error that was later fixed. Sheesh - or some parallel universe thingamajig is in place.

Edited by Lopixa
added a link

17 hours ago, Lopixa said:

Bullshit back at you. Your memory is based on memories of someone else's mistake. The magic mirror quote is explained here:

Mirror, Mirror, on the Wall – Debunking Mandela Effects

Dolly DID have braces in the very first scene and not in any another. This represented a continuity error that was later fixed. Sheesh - or some parallel universe thingamajig is in place.

It is not simply unlikely, but improbable that a movie on the production cost and scale as a James Bond movie would have such a huge continuity oversight. Not to mention the fact that the actress who played the role of Dolly says she never wore braces in the film.

The majority of MEs I have seen, I can debunk or simply laugh at their absurdity. MEs regarding phrases, quotes, names, etc., I don't put much stock in. Dolly's braces, besides being one I personal witnessed, involves a physical object that also held a significance in a sub story line via a "running gag". The omission of that object is not trivial in that it plays a major role in the running gag. Without it, the scene and subsequent scenes leading up to the two meeting, makes no sense. 

As far as "Mirror, mirror on the wall...", That's all I've ever heard my whole life. The other versions I only heard of once I began reading about MEs. If someone said to me (prior to reading about this particular ME), "Magic mirror on the wall...", I would have said, "What the hell are you talkin' 'bout!?!" I've NEVER heard it as "magic mirror". Now, if you can earnestly and honestly say that you recall it as magic mirror, I will not dispute you. I would believe you. Which makes this all the more fascinating, to me. There is the possibly that we are both recalling these things correctly. Which is (I believe) the reason the thread was created. Could this suggest an parallel universe(s)? Other questions this raises are: Who is responsible? Or, is it a natural occurrence? Is it time travel to the past causing a "Butterfly Effect"? Perhaps, glitches in the Matrix?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KingKitty said:

It is not simply unlikely, but improbable that a movie on the production cost and scale as a James Bond movie would have such a huge continuity oversight. Not to mention the fact that the actress who played the role of Dolly says she never wore braces in the film.

That is not a valid argument. Budgets don't account for human error. I cannot categorically say one way or the other what occurred here, but I do know I recall her openiung scene wearing them. But, I don't recall seeing them later on in the movie.

1 hour ago, KingKitty said:

As far as "Mirror, mirror on the wall...", That's all I've ever heard my whole life. The other versions I only heard of once I began reading about MEs. If someone said to me (prior to reading about this particular ME), "Magic mirror on the wall...", I would have said, "What the hell are you talkin' 'bout!?!" I've NEVER heard it as "magic mirror". Now, if you can earnestly and honestly say that you recall it as magic mirror, I will not dispute you. I would believe you. Which makes this all the more fascinating, to me. There is the possibly that we are both recalling these things correctly. Which is (I believe) the reason the thread was created. Could this suggest an parallel universe(s)? Other questions this raises are: Who is responsible? Or, is it a natural occurrence? Is it time travel to the past causing a "Butterfly Effect"? Perhaps, glitches in the Matrix?

Did you click the link? Both versions are right and of course like everybody I recall Mirror Mirror. The point is that we aren't recalling this from the movie, but from what others wrote or said after it.

On 2/26/2022 at 9:34 PM, KingKitty said:

This site seems to be on the side of the wolf:

Does the Bible say "The Lion shall lie down with the Lamb"?

From the site Alternate Memories:

Isaiah 11:6: What shall lie down with the lamb? 

Many people are claiming the bible said the lion shall lay down with the lamb, whereas today that appears to have been changed to a wolf.

The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them

Cynics are saying this only goes to show Christians don't actually read the bible in detail. Many would certainly disagree, but the actual line, whilst mentioning a lion, does plant an image in the mind which could end up being a lion and a lamb lying down together, and so triggering a Mass Memory Discrepancy Effect.

This appears as a Lion in many hymns, and numerous paintings inside churches.Just as many references are made to wolves too, such as "a wolf in sheep's clothing" or "the boy who cried wolf".

There are many, many references to The Lion and the Lamb to be found today. Here's the quotation for the Ambassador College seal: The Lion shall dwell with the lamb and a little child shall lead them in the world tomorrow

-- Isaiah 11.6

Many people are so sure the Bible once did say "The Lion shall lay down with the Lamb" that they are even claiming to know when it changed, with the consensus being around 2008/2009.

Here's the actual verse as seen in the Bible today:

The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them.

-- Isaiah 11.6

From King Kitty:

I call shenanigans on this site (no, not this site, that site). Don't worry, reading through the comment section attached to that story, and I'm not alone:

I spent my entire childhood and teen years/early adulthood in Sunday school and church. I remember coloring pictures of the lion and the lamb. I remember the minster preaching about the lion and the lamb, quoting the Bible passage. This has me totally freaked out. I even went to the attic and dug out my mother's old bible and looked up the verse. I was astonished when it said "wolf"...

I specifically remember reading Isaiah 11:6 and it always said "The Lion shall lay with the lamb...."

I spoke to my mother and she remembers the same thing. We both have read the bible from cover to cover at least ten times between the two of us.

She is a pastor's daughter to boot.

We ain't all crazy. Whatever it is, something has or is happening to change things. 

The Lion shall lay with the lamb.. is definately the correct quote.

I think the Mandela Effect is proof of Time Travel as well.

Lion-and-the-Lamb.jpg

Edited by Diesel
added
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Lopixa said:

That is not a valid argument. Budgets don't account for human error. I cannot categorically say one way or the other what occurred here, but I do know I recall her openiung scene wearing them. But, I don't recall seeing them later on in the movie.

Did you click the link? Both versions are right and of course like everybody I recall Mirror Mirror. The point is that we aren't recalling this from the movie, but from what others wrote or said after it.

The actress who plays Dolly said she never wore them, yet you say you recall seeing them on her in the early part of the movie. Now, who's not making a valid argument?

And yes, I've seen several videos aimed at debunking MEs. As I mentioned previously, I do not put much stock in MEs that are about quotes, phrases, names, etc. My only claim is having never heard it declared in any other fashion but, "Mirror, mirror", until I began looking into the ME phenomenon.

13 hours ago, Diesel said:

The Lion shall lay with the lamb.. is definately the correct quote.

I think the Mandela Effect is proof of Time Travel as well.

Lion-and-the-Lamb.jpg

I lean towards the time travel (travel to the past), as well. I tend to think that the MEs may be uncontrollable and random. That said, larger events could be manipulated, which we would have no knowledge of, and these MEs are residual effects. 

49 minutes ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

I saw the Bond movie at the flicks, on holiday, with my folks in 79 or whatever year it was. I vividly remember the whole Jaws/Holly thing and her braces because it was part of the gag and it got a big laugh from the audience.

I had intended on adding that aspect of it, as well. Many others recall the audience reactions, also. It came out in the era when people still went to the movies or waited until it came to television. VHS was still rather new and it took longer for major releases to make it to VHS.

As I've said before, Dolly's Braces ME is really the only one that I feel one hundred percent certain. Certain that she had them, that is to say. As to why they no longer exist and apparently never did, I have no idea, only speculations. Because it's insignificant to world events...in other words, trivial...I can only conclude that it is random and not something that was specifically targeted.

This is what leads me to believe it's tied to time travel. As crazy as time travel sounds to most, our (US) government has been working on it for many years. Moving forward in time, they say, is not as difficult. Moving back in time takes a lot more energy. The objects/machines that are needed are  described to be pretty much what they have at CERN and a few other places. 

All the other MEs can come and go, but Dolly's Braces will forever haunt me until I get a real answer. I know she wore them, and I know you know she wore them. So, one thing you and I know is; we are from the same dimension or timeline or something. Lopixa seems to be from another timeline or dimension. We best keep an eye on her 🤔

5 hours ago, KingKitty said:

The actress who plays Dolly said she never wore them, yet you say you recall seeing them on her in the early part of the movie. Now, who's not making a valid argument?

Do you acknowledge that human errors exist in multi million pound films? Okay, so your argument was invalid.

Now this actress who said she didn't wear them. I believe this comes from some screenprinted twitter translation. What leads you to conclude it must be correct?

nb. I'm not saying she never said this btw. I'm also not discounting someone in the editing suite beng instructed to add them after filming. It's just a subject where the idea of Occam's razor very much stands out. The alternative explanations are just off the wall tbh.

Edited by Lopixa
added line

2 hours ago, Lopixa said:

It's just a subject where the idea of Occam's razor very much stands out. The alternative explanations are just off the wall tbh.

Your on an alternative thinking forum, welcome. To limit Mandela Effect to one thing is an arguement of Manipulation. I am experiencing now the Mandela Effect every week. Occams razor is very much in effect here - the answer is they are messing with our timelines.

Lets go back to the one you care to avoid Lopixa "The Lion shall lay with the lamb" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you tell me why there are no images that predate 2002 

Edited by Diesel

45 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Your on an alternative thinking forum, welcome.

Which doesn't mean any of it is actually real. Postulating stuff for fun - why not. Believing it - nah it's science fiction.

To limit Mandela Effect to one thing is an arguement of Manipulation. 

What one thing?  There is no limit being imposed just the idea that the most obvious explanation tends to be the correct one.

Occams razor is very much in effect here - the answer is they are messing with our timelines.

I can see that you don't quite get what Occam's Razor is. Imaginary people messing with time is the opposite of it.

Lets go back to the one you care to avoid Lopixa "The Lion shall lay with the lamb" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What was that 50+ exclamation marks? I am not avoiding anything here, I hadn't got a clue what you were talking about.

Can you tell me why there are no images that predate 2002 

No, because I had no idea what you were on about. However, after a quick google:

The Lion and the Lamb (Mandela Effect Debunked) - YouTube

9 minutes ago, Lopixa said:

Which doesn't mean any of it is actually real. Postulating stuff for fun - why not. Believing it - nah it's science fiction.

Science is Fiction, thats a fact. The mere obsevervation of an experiment can change it's outcome (read Double slit experiment for definative proof). All of newtons laws fall flat on there face at a molecular level.

What one thing?  There is no limit being imposed just the idea that the most obvious explanation tends to be the correct one.

You attempted to limit the conversation to a movie. It really was quite pathetic

What was that 50+ exclamation marks? I am not avoiding anything here, I hadn't got a clue what you were talking about.

I thought the explaination marks might prompt you to answer the question instead you post some bullshit youtube video from 2016

No, because I had no idea what you were on about. However, after a quick google:

You just have to click the link, its really not that hard is it? No images before 2002 to a bible passage we all remember from youth

Edited by Diesel
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

“We know they’re lying, they know they’re lying, they know that we know they’re lying, we also know that they know that we know they’re lying, but they STILL LIE.” Aleksandr

Edited by Diesel

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lopixa said:

I can see that you don't quite get what Occam's Razor is. Imaginary people messing with time is the opposite of it.

Do you always patronise people and attempt to riddicule them to try to win arguments? That's quite sad really. What were all these people singing about?

Occams Razor points to the simplest explaination, which is the timeline has changed. Your explaination that of mass memory disfunction is not the simplest explaination, nor does explain the songs and missing paintings. Your explaination of mass delusion is impossible.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."  Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Time will Tell...................

Edited by Diesel

12 hours ago, Diesel said:

Science is Fiction, thats a fact.

A bit of a daft statement - made doubly worse by you proceeding to use a science experiment to support it!

The mere obsevervation of an experiment can change it's outcome (read Double slit experiment for definative proof).

And you said science was fiction. Some of us have actually performed this experiment. It is from science that we now know the duality of light and it is not the act of observation that changes any outcome, it is the knowledge that we now know the path of the photons and thus the interference pattern can be measured as such. Basically it is the method in which you observe the outcome that changes the result.

All of newtons laws fall flat on there face at a molecular level.

So what. They work just fine at the level where humans interact with forces. 

You attempted to limit the conversation to a movie. It really was quite pathetic

No, I attempted nothing of the sort. What I did was answer the post I quoted. Do you think it may just be a little pathetic to label science as fiction then use a science experiment to bolster that claim? Neither of your examples managed to help your claim - you attempted to limit science to two instances that you don't seem to understand.

I thought the explaination marks might prompt you to answer the question instead you post some bullshit youtube video from 2016

A simple question or request usually does the trick. Fifty exclamation marks just looks a bit weird. As for the video, I appear to have missed any response to it - is one going to be forthcoming?

No images before 2002 to a bible passage we all remember from youth

Most of the popular websites that host images didn't really get going until the turn of the century. Mobile phone cameras weren't around and although editing software was available it was nowhere near as commonplace as it is today. As for your "we all remember" claim - I just did a quick Q & A amongst a group of people I am with. Not ine of them had heard of it, neither had I and when pushed, everyone thought Wolf and Sheep mad far more sense.

11 hours ago, Diesel said:

Do you always patronise people and attempt to riddicule them to try to win arguments? That's quite sad really.

I think it sad that you feel patronised when somebody disagrees with your viewpoint. You have no evidence for your claims - you claim some mysterious unidentified group are doing some unspecified things when they do the impossible going back in time routine.

Occams Razor points to the simplest explaination, which is the timeline has changed.

That is the most ludicrous of all explanations. 

Your explaination that of mass memory disfunction is not the simplest explaination

It isn't necessarily any dysfunction. There are many of these so called Mandela effects and each one can have numerous reasons for what has happened. An example being the Magic Mirror - there were two distinct versions one from the movie and one from written works. Dead simple.

nor does explain the songs and missing paintings.

There are no missing paintings and songs are written for a whole variety of reasons. Nellie the elephant did not pack her own trunk and cannot talk.

Your explaination of mass delusion is impossible.

It seems that you have no concept of what the word impossible means. Besides, isn't it the number one claim on here that society/sheeple are living in that very state? Mass delusion is not actually being tabled as a reason for some of the effects.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."  Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

You haven't eliminated the impossible, or the implausible, or the unlikely, or dozens of side explanations. First on the list to eliminate as impossible is the idea that people are travelling back in time.

Edited by Lopixa
small typo

2 hours ago, Lopixa said:

A bit of a daft statement - made doubly worse by you proceeding to use a science experiment to support it!

Read the Observer Effect, as for your other points, to be honest they are just bile, bullshit and lies.

18 hours ago, Lopixa said:

Do you acknowledge that human errors exist in multi million pound films? Okay, so your argument was invalid.

Now this actress who said she didn't wear them. I believe this comes from some screenprinted twitter translation. What leads you to conclude it must be correct?

nb. I'm not saying she never said this btw. I'm also not discounting someone in the editing suite beng instructed to add them after filming. It's just a subject where the idea of Occam's razor very much stands out. The alternative explanations are just off the wall tbh.

I acknowledged that minor continuity errors take place in major motion picture, but followed that up with the caveat that a continuity of such a grand scale would not. Dolly's braces played a pivotal part in a subplot. 

The actress has been quoted on more than one occasion and from various sources, not simply one Twitter account. I never mentioned where I obtained the quotes. I don't use nor read anything Reddit, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, etc.

The "alternate explanations" are the point of this thread, and for that matter, this entire website. People here like to discuss alternative ideas and alternative ways of looking at things/issues. You are trying desperately to come across as intelligent. Instead, you come across as rather childish. You have been attempting to debate details of a movie that you, by your own admission, are not all that familiar with, against people who saw it in the theaters, then on television before VHS. You offer up video "proof" by showing YouTube videos that debunk MEs. This topic should fascinate you, yet you attempt to belittle and ridicule those of us who wish to discuss the matter. 

You've said your piece. You think it's all bunk. So move on. There are a great many topics on this website that I think are bollocks. And you know what I do? I just don't partake in the discussions. I don't feel a need to bolster my own ego, by flexing my mental superiority over the dim witted simpletons. I respect their right to voice their beliefs. So why don't you go elsewhere and let us simpletons go on discussing such ludicrous science fiction concepts, such as time travel and parallel universes?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Meanwhile, back at the thread's topic...

Prior to being slightly derailed, I was going to ask if anyone has experienced a ME in their own life that wasn't regarding anything to do with popular culture or names, phrases, etc.?

Something that I've experienced may be one? Many moons ago when I was in my early Twenties, I was laid-off from a job and got on unemployment insurance whilst between jobs. This was prior to home computers and the internet, so you had to fill out a paper form with regards to your job searches and send it in every two weeks. Once in a while, you would be summoned to present the form in person and speak with a representative about your job searches. Back then, it was an old building in the downtown area.

Cut to many years later. I once again found myself on unemployment. Finding it impossible to get anyone through their phone service when I had an issue regarding my unemployment account, I went in search of that building so I could speak to someone in person. What I discovered was, there is no such building. In fact, I was told by several people, both in person and over the phone that no such building ever existed. One man I spoke with was older than me, he claimed to have worked for the unemployment office since way back since the time of my encounter with the building. He assured me there was never a physical, brick and mortar building downtown nor anywhere in the city.

Now, I went there more than once. I recall the woman I spoke with and everything. Because it involves the government and government employees, I am not one hundred percent sure if the are being honest or simply don't want people to know they used to be more accommodating than they are now. But, the read I got on all the folks I spoke with in person was, they were being sincere. Could this be another example of a ME?

• Like 3

Not totally similar, but to cut a long story short I cannot find any online references to pretty much everything I knew as a kid....schools, friends etc. Now, with the number of people I've come into contact with, you would think something is out there. I was at places with kids who have gone onto to be quite well-known, pretty famous...actors, sportsmen, etc...yet in their online bios/sites/interviews they never mention the school we went to. They leave it out, they say they were from a neighbouring town, stuff like that. It is kind of weird, as if an entire era has been eradicated. Even my old school websites and archives skip the years I was there.

Maybe it's all on Facebook?!

• Like 1