More 'Moonshot'

Ozymandias

Apologies if anyone has posted this somewhere else on the forum...I was just looking at the Daily Mail and saw the article about the proposal to continue the Moonshot testing shite in three more towns in England shortly. I can't post the link as I don't know how, sorry!

Is this something that for now is being offered much like the 'invite you for your winter flu jab' letters that do the rounds? Or is there the assumption that you 'have' to go and be tested?

For anyone in Liverpool was it just a case of turn up if you want?

I suppose my horror scenario is of something like this having a huge take up, imagine eighty, ninety per cent, and then those of us who don't will be very notable by our absence.

What a climate of fear to be living in.

2 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

Apologies if anyone has posted this somewhere else on the forum...I was just looking at the Daily Mail and saw the article about the proposal to continue the Moonshot testing shite in three more towns in England shortly. I can't post the link as I don't know how, sorry!

Is this something that for now is being offered much like the 'invite you for your winter flu jab' letters that do the rounds? Or is there the assumption that you 'have' to go and be tested?

I suppose my horror scenario is of something like this having a huge take up, imagine eighty, ninety per cent, and then those of us who don't will be very notable by our absence.

Believe me, it's not a proposal to continue Moonshot testing in three more towns. It's a guarantee. Moonshot "involves an expansion of testing from the current hundreds of thousands of tests each day to 10 million a day by early 2021" [ https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m3558 ].

On 11/9/2020 at 5:51 AM, Ozymandias said:

"We are therefore asking the government to make establishing a mass-testing regime its core objective" | https://institute.global/policy/taking-uk-testing-strategy-next-level