BBC New(ish) Licence Laws - Evil Bastards

Ethel

14 minutes ago, Ethel said:

By this point, I remain convinced that anyone still paying the licence fee ranges anywhere from moderately to seriously retarded.

Or terrified because the BBC gestapo send bailiffs to your door or have secret court hearings to decide how big of a fine you get without your knowledge. 

I feel for the old folks though. TV and radio is all they know and the BBC profits off of their suffering. Shameful really.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FVCK BILLY G4TES said:

Or terrified because the BBC gestapo send bailiffs to your door or have secret court hearings to decide how big of a fine you get without your knowledge. 

I feel for the old folks though. TV and radio is all they know and the BBC profits off of their suffering. Shameful really.

I knew someone who had TV but didn't pay the licence for decades. Some tv licensing employee turned up at her door and the TV would be playing in the background, yet she'd deny having one. She still hasn't paid it. They work on intimidation tactics, they are sorcerers, of bullshit.

I don't watch terrestrial TV. I have one, for the odd DVD or video game. Fuck TV. 

Edited by Ethel
adding something
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Ethel said:

I knew someone who had TV but didn't pay the licence for decades. Some tv licensing employee turned up at her door and the TV would be playing in the background, yet she'd deny having one. She still hasn't paid it. They work on intimidation tactics, they are sorcerers, of bullshit.

I don't watch terrestrial TV. I have one, for the odd DVD or video game. Fuck TV. 

Nor me. I got rid of it 14  years ago. I just listened to the radio ( old/vintage/classical music programmes), read books, listened to CDs and watched DVDs on my desktop computer I had then. I didn't have the internet then ( I went to the library each day for that). Now I watch stuff online, mostly old films and TV shows on You Tube and Daily Motion. I have Netflix subscription because I wanted to see Black Mirror and Stranger Things and sci fi films they have on there.

Edited by itsnotallrightjack
  • Like 1

On 10/15/2020 at 9:54 PM, Ethel said:

Why didn't the BBC use one of their fake TV detector vans to get her banged to rights?

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2020 at 9:34 PM, Ethel said:

By this point, I remain convinced that anyone still paying the licence fee ranges anywhere from moderately to seriously retarded.

sadly I’m still paying this shit but it makes my blood boil as I only use the TV for streaming (not iplayer) and watching the occasional DVD.  I never watch live tv or catch up.

I thought that if you have got a tv you have to have a tv licence, but I have heard that isn’t strictly true and there are ways to get round this.  If somebody can advise on this I would be most grateful as I don’t want any of my money going to evil corporations like BBC.  Thanks.

perhaps I am just a retard after all....(no offence taken, I agree with the sentiment).

Guest Gone Fishing...
3 hours ago, Steve H said:

I thought that if you have got a tv you have to have a tv licence, but I have heard that isn’t strictly true

Hiya. 

You need a licence to watch live TV only. (as it's being broadcast) 

Watching any kind of 'catch up' service does not need a licence. 

After you cancel your licence, if anyone comes to your door asking questions then simply state 'no comment' and close the door. 

BC 

11 minutes ago, Basket Case said:

Hiya. 

After you cancel your licence, if anyone comes to your door asking questions then simply state 'no comment' and close the door. 

BC 

Watching IPlayer programs on demand now requires a licence.

Guest Gone Fishing...
4 minutes ago, serpentine said:

Watching IPlayer programs on demand now requires a licence.

Wow.. 😮 

That's the first I've heard of it. 

I don't watch any catch ups so I haven't had to keep up with the rules n regs. 

My bad.. 

When did it change? 

BC 

4 minutes ago, Basket Case said:

yes, that’s true, you need a licence even if you watch iplayer on pc or tablet.

if you don’t keep up with the regs BC I’ll wait for more replies before I cancel my dd.  Thanks anyway for your input.

Edited by Steve H

Guest Gone Fishing...
1 minute ago, Steve H said:

yes, that’s true, even if you watch iplayer on pc or tablet.

Just took a look. 

Just as well that I despise TV and especially the BBC and watch none of it. 

They've twisted the rules to suit themselves. Used to be able to watch any catch up. 

Fuckers.. 🤨 

The solution is don't watch any live TV and avoid using the iPlayer. 

BC 

Screenshot_20201106_090716.jpg

2 minutes ago, Basket Case said:

Just took a look. 

They've twisted the rules to suit themselves. Used to be able to watch any catch up. 

Fuckers.. 🤨 

BC 

look at the middle one - it says if I stream YouTube on tv I need a bbc licence.  So I’m screwed, because that’s what I do.  So for the pleasure of playing a few music videos and meditation music on YT I have to pay money to bastards.  How is that fair?

Guest Gone Fishing...
2 minutes ago, Steve H said:

it says if I stream YouTube

That's for TV / LIVE STREAMING on YouTube. 

Not music videos. 

(any more discussion on the licence will need a new thread opening) 

2 minutes ago, Basket Case said:

Not music videos. 

I’ll leave the thread opening to you BC.  Yes, I noticed that, but is says watch or stream.

whats the difference?  And in that context what does ‘live’ mean?

this shit is too vague.  All deliberate of course.

41 minutes ago, Basket Case said:

Not music videos. 

That's not for all live stuff on YouTube but for programmes that are concurrently being live broadcast on TV plaforrms who are also using YouTube or any other provider transmitting it.

1 hour ago, Basket Case said:

Just took a look. 

Fuckers.. 🤨 

BC 

It implies downloading iPlayer radio programmes also requires a TV licence.

I've not signed into iPlayer nor ever intend to.

Familial sharing of the license number at and away from home allows monitoring of familial activity.

Edited by serpentine

Guest Gone Fishing...
12 minutes ago, serpentine said:

It implies downloading iPlayer radio programmes also requires a TV licence.

Dirt Bags.
DAB being the only way to go then..
BC

back in the decades and I think until the mid 90's the salesman would ask you whether you wanted to get the purchase of your new TV set declared, with a blink ; )...

they soon no longer have to ask anymore and it even got included in your taxes, which makes sense since the TV media people now tell your government and leaders what to do... 

9 hours ago, Steve H said:

perhaps I am just a retard after all....(no offence taken, I agree with the sentiment).

It's nothing personal. My parents pay it too and I've told them it is an idiotic decision. Cancel the direct debit. They aid and abet paedophiles. Jimmy Saville was a child raping necrophiliac and the BBC harboured him for years. Just cancel it; it's a civic duty.

I cancelled mine in September, yes yes it took a long time!  Get this, the confirmatory letter stated that if I move then I have to let them know my new address.  FFS.  Don't get me started on every 2 years having to sign a declaration that I don't have a TV, they can jog on.

More info here:

https://www.defundbbc.uk/

Incidentally, have mentioned this to a few people which of course has been a good opportunity to inform folk that the BBC is funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation as well as the EU.  Can your news therefore be independent, I ask them.

9 hours ago, Basket Case said:

Hiya. 

BC 

You still need it to watch BBC iPlayer regardless of live or not. Not really a great loss though.

• Like 1

Guest Gone Fishing...
19 minutes ago, Bombadil said:

You still need it to watch BBC iPlayer regardless of live or not.

Yeah, thanks.
l got corrected further back up the thread.
l'm behind the times but don't use iplayer (why would l ?) so l'm still within the Law..
l always recommend no TV to any and everyone.
BC

We're in the midst of a deadly pandemic apparently requiring reams of new laws and countrywide lockdowns but according to some in the msm "tv licence police quietly start inspections".

Upgrading them to the status of police is an affront to the police of course and the salaciousness of the header indicates online journalists are paid on the number of clicks they get.

Might be an efficacious way of rewarding journalists but longterm it's a very corrosive policy leading to complete mistrust in the medium.