Cape Independence Advocacy Group - Part of the plan?

In South Africa at the moment, we have an advocacy group rallying to separate the Western Cape (throughout history, a part of Africa that has been sought after and coveted due to it's ideal location between the West and the East, as well as, on your way to the elusive Antarctica.) from the rest of South Africa and make it an independent sovereign state. Sounds innocent enough... but here are some red flags I spotted and I would like to know this community's opinions:

1. As far as I can tell, this is a faceless group. I have not been able to pinpoint any one individual behind this idea. I may be wrong...

2. When asked questions about how the governing of this new "sovereign state" will be handled, this is their answer: "We see hundreds of questions like these. We are not a political party. We have no intention to govern. Questions like these will be answered by the citizens of a free Cape via the government they elect."

3. Their flag strongly resembles the American Confederate flag, red & blue with a white cross.

4. The suggested action of separation is based on the flaws of the current unfit government (We all know what politicians are, puppets... So the flaws of our current government, all the corruption and inabilities, that was part of the plan to pave the way for this radical action.... right?)

I innately feel like something is wrong here... especially since this bombshell was dropped on us during 2020... is this part of the plan? Get a foothold in South Africa by creating a "sovereign state" which is actually controlled from without. A structured planned coup is not unheard of throughout history.

Any thoughts?

5 hours ago, MatriarchFox said:

In South Africa at the moment, we have an advocacy group rallying to separate the Western Cape (throughout history, a part of Africa that has been sought after and coveted due to it's ideal location between the West and the East, as well as, on your way to the elusive Antarctica.) from the rest of South Africa and make it an independent sovereign state. Sounds innocent enough... but here are some red flags I spotted and I would like to know this community's opinions:

1. As far as I can tell, this is a faceless group. I have not been able to pinpoint any one individual behind this idea. I may be wrong...

2. When asked questions about how the governing of this new "sovereign state" will be handled, this is their answer: "We see hundreds of questions like these. We are not a political party. We have no intention to govern. Questions like these will be answered by the citizens of a free Cape via the government they elect."

3. Their flag strongly resembles the American Confederate flag, red & blue with a white cross.

4. The suggested action of separation is based on the flaws of the current unfit government (We all know what politicians are, puppets... So the flaws of our current government, all the corruption and inabilities, that was part of the plan to pave the way for this radical action.... right?)

I innately feel like something is wrong here... especially since this bombshell was dropped on us during 2020... is this part of the plan? Get a foothold in South Africa by creating a "sovereign state" which is actually controlled from without. A structured planned coup is not unheard of throughout history.

Any thoughts?

You mean this?

https://www.capeindependence.org/

Lets look at their solutions:

"Our purpose is to establish genuine democracy in the Cape, handing political power to the people of the Cape and removing it from Pretoria. In legal terms this right which we are seeking is referred to as ‘self-determination’.

To return political power to the people of the Cape we are committed to obtaining a referendum, in which every registered voter in the Cape will get to vote, asking the Cape people whether they would prefer to remain as a part of South Africa and be governed from Pretoria, or whether they would rather break away from South Africa and establish a new independent country: Cape of Good Hope, which they would then govern for themselves.

As a group we do not propose specific policies beyond handing political power to the people of the Cape, the Cape peoples themselves must elect political leaders who will govern the Cape and make decisions on their behalf, as their elected representatives.

We will however, as is legally required in the formation of a new country, develop a ‘Bill of Rights’ in co-ordination with other groups seeking Cape independence.

Contained within it will be an absolute rejection of racism in all forms, including the classification of people by race, and any policy which would be premised upon such classification. It will also contain an immigration policy, consistent with international norm and best practices, which will ensure that the upliftment of Cape citizens is prioritised, whilst inward migration is controlled and limited to those who can contribute to the development and well-being of our new country.
"

I higlighted the section you should be very curious about. Whenever they come out and say: combat racism, they create the exact opposite.

Secondly,the said "we do not propose specific policies beyond handing political power to the people of the cape."

Well, they just did with the last phrase.

Obviously i didnt do any big digging yet, but things that sound to good to be true, are mostly not true and other motives drive the boat. Thats my first observation.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Michael said:

You mean this?

https://www.capeindependence.org/

Lets look at their solutions:

"Our purpose is to establish genuine democracy in the Cape, handing political power to the people of the Cape and removing it from Pretoria. In legal terms this right which we are seeking is referred to as ‘self-determination’.

To return political power to the people of the Cape we are committed to obtaining a referendum, in which every registered voter in the Cape will get to vote, asking the Cape people whether they would prefer to remain as a part of South Africa and be governed from Pretoria, or whether they would rather break away from South Africa and establish a new independent country: Cape of Good Hope, which they would then govern for themselves.

As a group we do not propose specific policies beyond handing political power to the people of the Cape, the Cape peoples themselves must elect political leaders who will govern the Cape and make decisions on their behalf, as their elected representatives.

We will however, as is legally required in the formation of a new country, develop a ‘Bill of Rights’ in co-ordination with other groups seeking Cape independence.

Contained within it will be an absolute rejection of racism in all forms, including the classification of people by race, and any policy which would be premised upon such classification. It will also contain an immigration policy, consistent with international norm and best practices, which will ensure that the upliftment of Cape citizens is prioritised, whilst inward migration is controlled and limited to those who can contribute to the development and well-being of our new country.
"

I higlighted the section you should be very curious about. Whenever they come out and say: combat racism, they create the exact opposite.

Secondly,the said "we do not propose specific policies beyond handing political power to the people of the cape."

Well, they just did with the last phrase.

Obviously i didnt do any big digging yet, but things that sound to good to be true, are mostly not true and other motives drive the boat. Thats my first observation.

Especially when it contains an immigration policy consistent with international norms and best practices. I agree, to good to be true. 

• Like 1