Mask Madness At Work. Your Experiences.

Well it finally happened. Masks are now mandatory where I work, correction, where I worked.

I was told last night by managment that face masks were now mandatory in common areas of the factory. All the usual shit "you have to wear them when walking here, but don't have to wear them if you are doing this, blah blah nonsensical horseshit!

My reply was "I don't have to wear a mask anywhere as they are harmful to my health" (I can't breathe wearing them)

This was followed by a reply from what I can only describe as a spineless programed sheep (aka shift manager) as "well you are putting yourself out of a job"

To which I replied: "see ya!"

I gladly walked out the door, head held high with a smile on my face, never to return.

I found the whole thing weird from the moment I got there, face masks were not required before yeaterday, I have also not been in a shop since the whole mask thing became a craze for the crazies and have only been in one restaurant once since March, so I had been quite detached from the whole mask thing so far. But seeing people in muzzles (some who I had worked with for over 10 years) was absolutly shocking to me, not one guy I saw was refusing this garbage.

What has happend to people's backbones? where did they loose their balls? are the majority that far gone that there is not a single question or even a smidgen of critical thinking left in them?

The place I worked at brought in all the two metre nonsence back in the spring, at the time I presented them with information that it was all based on no scientific evidence "conjured up out of nowhere" said Professor Robert Dingwall - Government advisor.

They looked at me like I was crazy and even tried to defend the rule using what I can only describe as "looney tunes science".

I am so happy to finally be out of that lunatic asylum, I've never been to prison, but I imagine this is what it feels like to be granted parole.

What are your experience's of workplace insanity?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I have a similar dilemma Clansman. I work for a local authority, and 

a month ago they mandated mask wearing in the office.  My job involves

visiting people in their homes, and for the few minutes i am with them, i

am willing to wear a mask. But for me it stops there. A manager has told

me that if i can't wear a mask in the office, then i can't do my job. I won't

voluntarily leave, and am documenting my distress with the occupational

health department. I've just had a session with a 'counsellor', over the phone,

and she gave me the shpiel about wearing one for other people, and all that

emotional blackmail stuff. The best she could come up with at the end of the

session was, i need to see my GP !!

The elephant in the room is the fact that 25 of us have worked 24/7 throughout

the scam, with no casualties,and no mask wearing in the office,yet since the mask mandate, 10 have been off,either poorly or isolating.   Yes, people think that we're

the crazy ones mate, but stick to your guns, cos when this unravels, at least

we'll be able to sat we took a stand.  Take care pal 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Col22 said:

I have a similar dilemma Clansman. I work for a local authority, and 

a month ago they mandated mask wearing in the office.  My job involves

visiting people in their homes, and for the few minutes i am with them, i

am willing to wear a mask. But for me it stops there. A manager has told

me that if i can't wear a mask in the office, then i can't do my job. I won't

voluntarily leave, and am documenting my distress with the occupational

health department. I've just had a session with a 'counsellor', over the phone,

and she gave me the shpiel about wearing one for other people, and all that

emotional blackmail stuff. The best she could come up with at the end of the

session was, i need to see my GP !!

The elephant in the room is the fact that 25 of us have worked 24/7 throughout

the scam, with no casualties,and no mask wearing in the office,yet since the mask mandate, 10 have been off,either poorly or isolating.   Yes, people think that we're

the crazy ones mate, but stick to your guns, cos when this unravels, at least

we'll be able to sat we took a stand.  Take care pal 

Cheers.

I can imagine that the management in local authorities are a complete nightmare.

I've heard that line before "about wearing one for other people" or "keeping each other safe by wearing a mask"

So we all have to protect everyone else from everyone all the time.

By that same logic if someone is eating a fast food beef burger and fries I should whack them out of their hands to stop them getting fat, If they are drinking a can of beer I should stop them incase they get liver problems, if someone is smoking I should put their cigarette out for them to stop them getting cancer and so on.

There is no logic with these people, if the people wearing these muzzles believe they are protecting them then there is no need for everyone to wear them.

I was the same with regard to working thoughout the scam, as did most the people I worked with, so they must know what a crock of shit this all is because they are all still alive.

Nothing more than a controlled psyop.

Edited by Clansman82
  • Like 1

My work panicked and were petrified they might have to cough up the money to pay for masks if they made us wear them (and all the students as we're a college). They then panicked that they'd get sued if they didn't have good enough control measures, so made it the policy that we should wear masks, but it's still not compulsory. As you can tell, we are very money driven 🤣

So, with the other off-the-cuff dodgy half rules and interpretations, I now pick my way through the minefield of what is or isn't legally required and what is or isn't compulsory. It doesn't stop people bitching behind my back though, which is ironic as I'm one of the health and safety advisers 🤣. As I need the work I follow any legally or contractually required rules 😇, but not those that are just peer pressure driven. The idiot management in the canteens are even trying to make us give them our personal contact details even though it's all take away. The programming of the masses is unbelievable - in some ways I'm just sorry I'm part of the system and wish I had the guts of the guy who just walked out because his boss was forcing him to wear a mask in an area where it wasn't mandatory.

12 hours ago, Clansman82 said:

Well it finally happened. Masks are now mandatory where I work, correction, where I worked.

I was told last night by managment that face masks were now mandatory in common areas of the factory. All the usual shit "you have to wear them when walking here, but don't have to wear them if you are doing this, blah blah nonsensical horseshit!

My reply was "I don't have to wear a mask anywhere as they are harmful to my health" (I can't breathe wearing them)

This was followed by a reply from what I can only describe as a spineless programed sheep (aka shift manager) as "well you are putting yourself out of a job"

To which I replied: "see ya!"

I gladly walked out the door, head held high with a smile on my face, never to return.

I found the whole thing weird from the moment I got there, face masks were not required before yeaterday, I have also not been in a shop since the whole mask thing became a craze for the crazies and have only been in one restaurant once since March, so I had been quite detached from the whole mask thing so far. But seeing people in muzzles (some who I had worked with for over 10 years) was absolutly shocking to me, not one guy I saw was refusing this garbage.

What has happend to people's backbones? where did they loose their balls? are the majority that far gone that there is not a single question or even a smidgen of critical thinking left in them?

The place I worked at brought in all the two metre nonsence back in the spring, at the time I presented them with information that it was all based on no scientific evidence "conjured up out of nowhere" said Professor Robert Dingwall - Government advisor.

They looked at me like I was crazy and even tried to defend the rule using what I can only describe as "looney tunes science".

I am so happy to finally be out of that lunatic asylum, I've never been to prison, but I imagine this is what it feels like to be granted parole.

What are your experience's of workplace insanity?

People who are already exempt from the existing face covering obligations, such as because of an underlying health condition, will continue to be exempt from these new obligations.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/coronavirus-covid-19-what-has-changed-22-september

If you previously had a workplace exemption it still stands.

First time I’ve posted but an avid reader for years.

HELP! I’m a paramedic of over 30 years the last few years I’ve been working in a large call centre giving clinical advice. We a have now been told masks are mandatory even if we are not patient facing. I have been refusing on the stance of a hidden disability and have now been sent to occupational health. As far as I understand this lunacy the government advice is still 1 metre with mitigation’s, if this is correct I can manage, i travel to work by underground and have yet to wear a mask, but I have had my picture taken twice by other commuters and multiple death stares. It all seems a struggle at the moment due to the compliance and fear which makes me an easy target currently at work. 
as a side note, I work with frontline 999 calls and I can without hesitation state we are not seeing any numbers above what we would normally see at this time, in fact it is a lot less.  

• Like 3

Hi Wiggs, fellow newbie poster here 👍.  I do a similar job, and went to occy

health just to document my feelings about mask wearing, for future reference,

as a senior manager had already suggested that i couldn't do the job if i was unable

to wear a mask in the office.  I had my misgivings within a few minutes of my counselling session, when she felt the need to tell me she'd been a nurse for 20

years, so therefore knows how serious this pandemic is.  Wallowing in self righteousnesss.  I found it difficult to reconcile my willingness to wear a mask in

a clients house, with my self declared 'medical exemption' for not wearing one in the office, without referring to the hoax. The outcome is that she told me to see my GP ! (i think she thinks i am mental), and will arrange for a risk assessment to be carried out at work.

When i returned to work there were e_mails from the leader of the council saying that all council staff should be challenging other staff who don't follow the rules !!

Anyway, do you have any ideas as to how i go about the office risk assessment, where i assume i will be asked to don a muzzle in the office, and be observed for physical reactions.  I have considered fainting, but i think the sarcasm would be too obvious.  Sarcasm, fuelled by anger has become part of my makeup these days.

Take care mate

• Like 1
7 hours ago, rideforever said:

WEE-WAH-WEE-WAH- THE STORE IS AT CAPACITY PLEASE LEAVE THE SHOP SO .... 

Heard this today when walking into the Co-operative.   Co-op means leftwing means maximum fear, maximum retard, maximum sheep.

You forgot to add maximum insanity! Were the masses all running for the door on the sound of the alarm? haha

13 hours ago, Col22 said:

Hi Wiggs, fellow newbie poster here 👍.  I do a similar job, and went to occy

health just to document my feelings about mask wearing, for future reference,

as a senior manager had already suggested that i couldn't do the job if i was unable

to wear a mask in the office.  I had my misgivings within a few minutes of my counselling session, when she felt the need to tell me she'd been a nurse for 20

years, so therefore knows how serious this pandemic is.  Wallowing in self righteousnesss.  I found it difficult to reconcile my willingness to wear a mask in

a clients house, with my self declared 'medical exemption' for not wearing one in the office, without referring to the hoax. The outcome is that she told me to see my GP ! (i think she thinks i am mental), and will arrange for a risk assessment to be carried out at work.

When i returned to work there were e_mails from the leader of the council saying that all council staff should be challenging other staff who don't follow the rules !!

Anyway, do you have any ideas as to how i go about the office risk assessment, where i assume i will be asked to don a muzzle in the office, and be observed for physical reactions.  I have considered fainting, but i think the sarcasm would be too obvious.  Sarcasm, fuelled by anger has become part of my makeup these days.

Take care mate

Maybe you should print this out and show them: https://principia-scientific.com/unmasked-revealing-a-shocking-medical-truth/

Hi,

I've very recently been asked back to my workplace (i work for council owned leisure centre) for covid training, so went back in to listen to the bullshit, i was the only one not wearing a mask and felt thoroughly bullied and disgusted at things being said and my manager joined in.  I told them about exemptions etc but was still treated like an idiot.  I am slightly concerned after reading some comments that when and if i go back to work they will constantly push for me to wear a mask.  Also, does anyone have an help or advice regarding track and trace? because i'm a member of staff they will have my details and in the event of a staff/customer outbreak i do not want my details being sent to nhs track and trace but i don't think i would be able to prevent this other than just never going back to my job. 

On 10/29/2020 at 2:18 PM, wiggs said:

First time I’ve posted but an avid reader for years.

HELP! I’m a paramedic of over 30 years the last few years I’ve been working in a large call centre giving clinical advice. We a have now been told masks are mandatory even if we are not patient facing. I have been refusing on the stance of a hidden disability and have now been sent to occupational health. As far as I understand this lunacy the government advice is still 1 metre with mitigation’s, if this is correct I can manage, i travel to work by underground and have yet to wear a mask, but I have had my picture taken twice by other commuters and multiple death stares. It all seems a struggle at the moment due to the compliance and fear which makes me an easy target currently at work. 
as a side note, I work with frontline 999 calls and I can without hesitation state we are not seeing any numbers above what we would normally see at this time, in fact it is a lot less. 

Welcome Wiggs, (& Col22 & cashew) Sorry to hear everyone around you is being a shit, I know it can seem lonely out there - being sane, but keep holding on, I feel things will change, think and feel as positive as you can muster,  great to have a paramedic on, keep letting us know about your experiences within your field - as other medical workers should be doing, instead of making dance videos.

Edited by sickofallthebollocks
add other names to welcome

I know it can seem lonely out there - being sane, but keep holding on...

Thank you for this reminder, that it's US who are sane.🙏    I feel out on a limb at work at the 

moment, so i'm so glad i joined the forum. Being amongst sane people is what i need right

now, cos walking through town looking at the 90% masked people makes me despair.  

On 10/30/2020 at 1:34 PM, Sid said:

Hi,

I've very recently been asked back to my workplace (i work for council owned leisure centre) for covid training, so went back in to listen to the bullshit, i was the only one not wearing a mask and felt thoroughly bullied and disgusted at things being said and my manager joined in.  I told them about exemptions etc but was still treated like an idiot.  I am slightly concerned after reading some comments that when and if i go back to work they will constantly push for me to wear a mask.  Also, does anyone have an help or advice regarding track and trace? because i'm a member of staff they will have my details and in the event of a staff/customer outbreak i do not want my details being sent to nhs track and trace but i don't think i would be able to prevent this other than just never going back to my job. 

It is planned persecution of those who resist the hive mentality. I feel your pain, when I went into work and saw all the masked up freaks I felt like more of an outsider than ever, I was the only one who said "no, my dignity will not allow this". Always remember that you are the brave and strong one and you have two things your colleagues don't, a brain and a backbone.

The track and trace is a violation of indivdual freedom, I'm not sure how you could get around it, I know where I worked they would have required me to get a negative test before I could return to work, had they suspected me of having the voodoo whu flu. I would have walked for that too but the mask thing came first.

On 10/30/2020 at 2:19 PM, sickofallthebollocks said:

Welcome Wiggs, (& Col22 & cashew) Sorry to hear everyone around you is being a shit, I know it can seem lonely out there - being sane, but keep holding on, I feel things will change, think and feel as positive as you can muster,  great to have a paramedic on, keep letting us know about your experiences within your field - as other medical workers should be doing, instead of making dance videos.

You would think the dance video's alone would make even the most sleepy of brains ask "hmm, those nurses don't look overwhelmed to me, whats going on here?".

We've had some one at work who has tested positive. The fear level among the brain dead at work has gone through the roof. A senior manager is among the worst. He drives to work fully masked up. Sits in his office on his own, masked up. Three of us stood talking before work Wednesday morning, fairly close to each other, no masks, when he turned up. "Come on guys we have had some one test positive, stay 2 metres apart". Not so bad for me, I spend most of my time out side loading or un-loading the truck or out on the road. Just waiting to be called into his office because when I do walk through the factory I am face naked. Could be fun. Sadly though I do not feel he will listen to any thing other than what the government say. Some people are beyond any sort of common sense reasoning as far as this covid crap is concerned. One bloke did tell me a few weeks ago it was people like me who were going to get us all back in the shit again. As for him who has tested positive I would put money on him having nothing more than a fucking cold same as I had two weeks ago. They owed me 5 days holiday so I took the week off.

36 minutes ago, banjo dog said:

We've had some one at work who has tested positive. The fear level among the brain dead at work has gone through the roof. A senior manager is among the worst. He drives to work fully masked up. Sits in his office on his own, masked up. Three of us stood talking before work Wednesday morning, fairly close to each other, no masks, when he turned up. "Come on guys we have had some one test positive, stay 2 metres apart". Not so bad for me, I spend most of my time out side loading or un-loading the truck or out on the road. Just waiting to be called into his office because when I do walk through the factory I am face naked. Could be fun. Sadly though I do not feel he will listen to any thing other than what the government say. Some people are beyond any sort of common sense reasoning as far as this covid crap is concerned. One bloke did tell me a few weeks ago it was people like me who were going to get us all back in the shit again. As for him who has tested positive I would put money on him having nothing more than a fucking cold same as I had two weeks ago. They owed me 5 days holiday so I took the week off.

I have experienced that type of managment myself Banjo, there is no way of explaining anything to them that does not fit the official narrative. They do not realise the test is bullcrap, they can not conceive that more testing means more positive results. They have the mentality that daddy govenment is trying to do the best for them.

In the summer time I said to someone I worked with "I know how to end all this in a matter of days, everyone stops getting tested and this is over", he looked at me like I was crazy.

No tests, no positive results, no cases, no scam.

Now we have a very predictable second lockdown of 4 weeks (and 7 months) to flatten another curve no doubt, these idiots who have supported all this and still believe the official narrative deserve what is coming to them, these are the same people who will be first in line for the vaccine.