In Vietnam, FACEBOOK Is BLACKLISTING All Posters Critical Of The Communist Government. In One Instance, 4 PEOPLE DIED BECAUSE OF IT.

The LA TIMES reports how FACEBOOK COMPLIES WITH 95% OF REQUESTS FROM VIETNAM'S COMMUNIST GOVERNMENT TO SUSPEND/BAN/DELETE CONTENT.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-10-22/facebook-censorship-suppress-dissent-vietnam

Believing a confrontation was inevitable, the 40-year-old Thuan condemned the country’s leaders in a Jan. 7 post. “Your crimes will be engraved on my mind,” he wrote. “I know you — the land robbers — will do everything, however cruel it is, to grab the people’s land.”

Facebook blocked his account the next day at the government’s insistence, preventing 60 million Vietnamese users from seeing his posts.

One day later, as Thuan had warned, police stormed Dong Tam with tear gas and grenades. A village leader and three officers were killed.

For three months, Thuan’s Facebook account remained suspended. Then the company told him the ban would be permanent.

We have confirmed that you are not eligible to use Facebook,” the message read in Vietnamese.

1 hour ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

A couple of years back when I was on Minds, there was a massive influx of Vietnamese signing up to rant about commie policies in their country. It's sad to see that things clearly haven't improved.

Even sadder that FACEBOOK is shutting down online debate in the country to keep its 30 Millions Vietnamese subscribers.

Money before people...

• Like 1