How prepared should we be for the next year?

Obviously we know the attempt of tyranny is going to get ramped up, I’m in England so I’m in the firing line. We know food shortages are coming so I have stocked up well to last me for a year, I won’t need to go into a shop for the next year now. Should we be prepared for other things too like if water or power is cut off? Like storing lots of water in the freezer and having a method of cooking food/ purifying water. I’m thinking if I prepare for the worst then I’ll be alright for the next year at least, if things truly go messed up then it could get tricky. How have people here prepared? 

15 minutes ago, Seeker said:

Obviously we know the attempt of tyranny is going to get ramped up, I’m in England so I’m in the firing line. We know food shortages are coming so I have stocked up well to last me for a year, I won’t need to go into a shop for the next year now. Should we be prepared for other things too like if water or power is cut off? Like storing lots of water in the freezer and having a method of cooking food/ purifying water. I’m thinking if I prepare for the worst then I’ll be alright for the next year at least, if things truly go messed up then it could get tricky. How have people here prepared? 

I would check out your water supply ... Used to be people had water tanks in their lofts , these would hold around a few hundred liters . It helps provide a constant water pressure in the house immune  from variations in mains pressure , and more importantly it was a reserve in case supply was cut ... You can live a long while on 200 liters .

Have a look out your window ,you might have a down pipe which connects to the roof gutter , this feeds the rain water off the roof to the sewer , you may want to tap into this and divert the rain water into storage in your flat/house .... this can be used for flushing the loo ( this takes a lot of water)  ..or even for drinking.

Putting plastic bottles of water in your freezer will get you though power cuts if not longer than a few days, tuck them in all the spare space , the more the better  .... the water turns to ice and holds a lot of "cold" . When power is cut this will slowly turn back to water releasing the "cold" keeping things at 0C . Doesn't work for a fridge which is normally around 8C.

• Thanks 2
16 minutes ago, oz93666 said:

I would check out your water supply ... Used to be people had water tanks in their lofts , these would hold around a few hundred liters . It helps provide a constant water pressure in the house immune  from variations in mains pressure , and more importantly it was a reserve in case supply was cut ... You can live a long while on 200 liters .

Have a look out your window ,you might have a down pipe which connects to the roof gutter , this feeds the rain water off the roof to the sewer , you may want to tap into this and divert the rain water into storage in your flat/house .... this can be used for flushing the loo ( this takes a lot of water)  ..or even for drinking.

Putting plastic bottles of water in your freezer will get you though power cuts if not longer than a few days, tuck them in all the spare space , the more the better  .... the water turns to ice and holds a lot of "cold" . When power is cut this will slowly turn back to water releasing the "cold" keeping things at 0C . Doesn't work for a fridge which is normally around 8C.

Cheers Oz I’ll check the situation with my water, I hadn’t even thought about that, was just thinking about drinking water. Luckily I live very close to a river so water supply should be good, it’s just filtering some to drink which might need some preparation, I dread to think how much duck poo is in there 😆 as for food you’ll be glad to hear I’m close to mastering the art of sprouting! Lentils, kidneys beans, mung beans, adzuki have been easy, the pumpkin and sunflowers a bit more challenging but worth it for it’s nutrients! 

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, zArk said:

i would prepare yourself, spiritually, to stay strong and not lose the plot.

the cabal desire chaos, fear, anxiety, anger

There's no harm in preparing yourself for what is coming, but I agree here with zArk & get right with the Lord, for it is only through him that we can hope to get through these tough times.

Edited by alexa

Yes, being at peace with the Lord is vitally important. I've been prepping for about 5 years and have learnt things along the way. A few items you may want to consider are water purification tablets or "water straw." If you know what you're doing you can purify the dirtiest water. I also have solar and wind up light and radio with usb port, basic medical supplies including skin staples and iodine. The last thing I will mention is a cooker with gas cylinders of which I have plenty. I started a blog on WordPress about prepping with information about foraging with pictures how to purify water etc. I received some abusive emails so I stopped.  All I think now is - who's laughing now........

Whilst at my fathers yesturday I had a flick through his copy of the FT weekend edition which came with a supplement ostentatiously titled "how to spend it"

We're all aware the cabal like to drop clues hidden in plain sight on whats forthcoming, I was shocked to read in "the aesthete" some wanker called faban cousteux proclaiming he "always carries a pocket knife with him" also mentioned were various multi tools. Later in the issue there is a long article about some back to nature travel experience that costs 10k where you have to catch your own food. Finally the gadget section was even more revealling, entitled the tools of survival! featuring torches, first aid kits, military ballistic rated trousers and most interesting a msr guardian water purifier delivering more than 10,000 liters of safe water from even the murkiest of puddles. £300 however there are many on the market cheaper I have a sawyer brand one for around £30. Even more eye opening was the sub title "what would you pack for a trip to the ends of the earth?" An embedded confession perhaps?

4 hours ago, HelloYouThere said:

Whys that?

It`s called intuition or maybe even history repeating itself. I hardly think everything about WW2 was a spontaneous occurrence.   For example the assets, gold and silver was stolen from those in concentration camps and stored in Switzerland. It is never been returned to the rightful owners... there is more re: thefts in said War... some very premeditated acts occurred at that time. 

Edited by Beaujangles

I haven't really done much to prepare for this scenario. The only things I have done is to ensure that my living costs are extremely low so I am not dependent on the state.

I think if the scenario you are planning for did play out, then we are talking about total disorder and chaos - and the mob and those with guns would rule and probably usurp any of the fine plans (those who prepared and have valuable assets would be primary target) you had unless you were the ones in the mob or with guns.

Edited by Mr H
42 minutes ago, HelloYouThere said:

Fair enough, wasn't sure if it was because of brexit or not.

The appallingly bad exit negotiations aren't going to help either, thinking about it.
Chaos Reigns..