Hard to find evidence that the earth isn't flat

The video rare footage of an Australian sunset, taken in North Coogee (whereever that is).

Scientifically minded people who consider the possibility that the earth may be flat and we could be misled to believe its round by scientific fraud inserted into empirical evidence have some observable evidence here which portrays itself as a real video from Australia in a context unrelated to scientific models of the earth. It is a simple holiday snap taken by an unwitting contributer to the flat earth debate.

To avoid interruption by those who believe the earth is round or flat merely because they have been told, I do not mention the important thing this mundane seeming video shows, and the thing is very subtley visible if you are actually looking for it.

Can anyone tell me what the subtle thing is on this video which cannot be found on videos of sunsets from anywhere else?

The video could be doctored, but Im sure the person who took this was just taking a holiday snap.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

By 'scientific minded', I meand natural philosophers who look at nature and observe it for the love of the wisdom it provides.   You have mistaken my words to mean 'scientifically minded' in

The only thing I could see that looked 'odd' to me was that the sun appears to be setting in the 'wrong direction'.   From my perspective, here in the northern hemisphere (UK), the sun rises

I knew someone who could recall summers so hot that asphalt melted. The same person believed in global warming. Empirical data says global freezing. Observable data says no change at all. Television s

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, Steph said:

To avoid interruption by those who believe the earth is round or flat merely because they have been told, I do not mention the important thing this mundane seeming video shows, and the thing is very subtley visible if you are actually looking for it.

Can anyone tell me what the subtle thing is on this video which cannot be found on videos of sunsets from anywhere else?

The only thing I could see that looked 'odd' to me was that the sun appears to be setting in the 'wrong direction'.

From my perspective, here in the northern hemisphere (UK), the sun rises in the east and 'moves*' across the sky - always to the south - before setting in the west. So for me, if I look south, the sun moves from my left to my right.

(*I know the sun only appears to move due to the rotation of the earth)

In this video, the sun looks like it is moving from my right to my left. Now, I've never been to the southern hemisphere, so I've never observed this with my own eyes.

Perhaps our 'resident Aussie' @peter could offer some insight?

• Like 1

Thats it exactly. Ive been looking for a video like this for three years and its significance escapes the attention of those on either side alleging themself scientific. Why are ozzy sunset videos so hard to find?

1 hour ago, Steph said:

Scientifically minded people who consider the possibility that the earth may be flat 

Scientifically minded people don't consider such an absurd thing.

1 hour ago, Steph said:

I do not mention the important thing this mundane seeming video shows, and the thing is very subtley visible if you are actually looking for it.

Nope. I can tell you that we don't know the focal length or FOV of the camera, it is over exposed for the sun, with no filter and the Sun is disappearing over the curve of the Earth, full size with no change due to perspective and vanishing point.

I can also offer you the best and lowest possible estimate as to how far away it is from the observer - around 286,000 miles away.

Please share the "ahaaaaah" moment.

1 hour ago, Comedy Time said:

Scientifically minded people don't consider such an absurd thing.

By 'scientific minded', I meand natural philosophers who look at nature and observe it for the love of the wisdom it provides.

You have mistaken my words to mean 'scientifically minded' in the sense of an unquestionable belief system in men in white coats or other attire who have a reputation based on the observation of textbooks which by the laws of nature to complex to describe here, can never completely describe reality which can only be guessed at by looking at nature rather than believing select scientists without question. Studying science, as in, making observations on science as field of people studying nature tells me cold fusion is just around the corner if some economic means to ensure dependence on the system can be maintained if everyone has their fusion generator next to the fridge. Those 'scientifically minded' people as you describe it to mean know nothing about this and in the ironic way their 'progress' has always been an impediment to the pioneers who brought us worthwhile things they once said "could never happen here", are they not the same people who built this utopia of surveillance prison they proclaim to be so wonderful while telling those they have imprisoned that what they were constructing "could never happen here".

• Like 2

Hi @Steph, interesting topic and I am glad this has its own thread. As I mentioned on the other thread, objects appear to get smaller as they move away from an observer. This video is somewhat unique as the atmospheric conditions allowed for this truly incredible view that we rarely get to see over water. I have been able to capture this myself and it's wonderful to see. This in itself is stand alone proof against the idea that we are on a spinning ball or an oblate spheroid because in that construct the Sun must remain at the same relative size. We can count pixels, but I don't think that is necessary here.

As far as the Sun's motion to left? I am not sure I even noticed that and as I watched again I am still having trouble seeing that. But that said, this is exactly what we would expect from flat earth model. This is a perspective issue like the moon being 'upside down' in Australia. Remember that the Sun never crosses below the tropic of Capricorn which means that nearly everyone in Australia regardless of season should always see the Sun move to their left as it sets because they must be looking towards the north and can never be looking south.

I truly wish this video had gone on for a few more hours as we could have watched the full setting of the Sun. Plus we could watch for a few hours after to see in which direction the light travels once the 'ball' of the Sun has vanished because of convergence behind the horizon. While it makes perfect sense that we would see the Sun moving left as it is setting, I would bet if you could find an extended video from this same location, we would see the residual light move gradually back to the right and continue until total darkness.

I have been looking for this myself and have had no luck either.

4 hours ago, Steph said:

The video rare footage of an Australian sunset, taken in North Coogee (whereever that is).

Scientifically minded people who consider the possibility that the earth may be flat and we could be misled to believe its round by scientific fraud inserted into empirical evidence have some observable evidence here which portrays itself as a real video from Australia in a context unrelated to scientific models of the earth. It is a simple holiday snap taken by an unwitting contributer to the flat earth debate.

The video could be doctored, but Im sure the person who took this was just taking a holiday snap.

That's  correct ,the sun setting over the Indian ocean from the WA coast line , I had to look twice as there is a North Coogee beach on the east coast as well , a suburb of Sydney

This also explains why australian backpackers are so laid back. When they come to the uk, their body clocks think they are going back in time and since no ones going to believe that shit back home ... pass the bong.

On 10/18/2020 at 3:50 PM, Steph said:

This thread title just resonates with me every time I click onto this forum. This, in a nutshell is how I came to learn that we simply are not on a spinning ball anywhere near what is claimed. I still don't call myself a flat earther,  but I never again will be a heliocentrist. I began to look for the science that I just "knew" had to be there. It was not. To this day, there exists no evidence beyond 'pictures' from nasa and their brethren. That was shocking enough, but it was not until I confirmed for myself what the Zetetics knew almost 200 years ago that there never will be any proof from any experiment. I posted (basically) this on the other thread, but it actually makes perfect sense here.

I wanted to share my set up for the most recent videos I've taken for my series on perspective.

https://iili.io/3GgZRn.jpg

Depending on the waves, the height of the center of the lens is never above 1.5 feet (closer to 14 inches). This places the geometric horizon we are all told we see ships pass over and then disappear behind at a maximum distance of 1.5 miles.

Considering the above facts, let's really look at these and see for ourselves that the eye level/horizon is far past all these objects that are in fact gone from anyone observing from the beach.

This is how easy it is for r to be falsified.

I know galileos proof for heliocentrism. I havent studied the evidence for myself but I could do so using the barest of tools I could pick up at a deserted beach. You have a camera with a bearing and a telescope of significant technical sophistication compared to the hollwed out tree trunk and etched flatstone protractor a poor man with wisdom could construct. The proof of heliocentrism isnt in a book but written in the stars (in the sky). Use your camera to trace their paths of the stars that move independent from the other stars. These are planets. From what Im told they have complex trajectories over the year in the geocentric schema where it appears they go back and foreward unpredictably. Heliocentric perspectives show a simple linear velocity circular pathway around the sun. It doesnt matter what is written by Nasa or Apostate Heretics, the truth is in disregard of who's reputation is undeserved. Anyone could log the position of planets over a year and produce the logs as the body of proof. The importance of Galileo to science isnt heliocentrism but the story of the bearer of truth being persecuted by the pride of ignorance. This is Galileos biggest contribution to science. What might bake your noodle later is the lake he is named after where a story goes about a man who walks on water seeking fish who are bewildered that the lake which is their whole universe is just an aspect of the fullscale reality. Then you might want to compass the stars in the heaven, rather than the stars in the sky. Fair warning, the stars in the heaven dont like being watched let alone compassed. Theres never been a census even since ancient times.

30 minutes ago, rideforever said:

Heliocentrism vs Geocentrism ... what that is about is not actually about the movement of celestial objects.

Some people who life on planet Earth can feel their own soul, meaning they are in touch with their own personal identity.   If you are like this then you start to understand the world according to its meaning to you.  And so you see all the celestial objects orbiting you and their meaning to you.  Because your identity is alive and conscious.

The "Heliocentrists" are people who do not feel their own identity.  These are unawakened human beings.   These people have a kind of intelligence that is not able to sense their own individual soul ... therefore they make schemes of existence without themselves as the centre.

Human beings are on the cusp of awakening : most of the species is below that threshold and therefore heliocentrism ( or a world not centered on themselves ) appeals to them ... but for those who are above the threshold of consciousness wish to understand the meaning of life from their own standpoint.

According to scientific theory there is no preference for helio or geo centrism.   Neither is more correct.   As all bodies in existence move together all interacting with each other it is not correct to say that the Earth orbits the Sun, according to Physics.  According to Physics the matter of the universe all interacts with each other so nobody is really in the centre.   Of course Physics does not have a reason why things move at all.  If things move or if there is life ... it is not explainable with the stupidity that occurs today that is known as science, which is more an attempt to be really miserable rather than a serious attempt to understand something.

The Sun actually does circulate around the Earth, it rises and falls every day as is obvious.  If you live on the Earth and are conscious then this is part of the rhythm of your day, it wakes up your organism in the morning, it is one of the most important things that happens to you.

And so a theory of life that is Geocentrist is natural.

Those miserable fools who keep going on about Heliocentrism are really just trying to prove that they are dead.   Which they are, as their soul is not awake.

Likewise for those who try to kill religion.  Exactly the same reason.

This subjects about the sky not the heavens.

When I go to the sea side, actually I live on the seaside, I can see the Earth is curved because the sea is curved meaning that is slopes down slightly on the sides which means water is sticking to big ball and not falling off.   Also Sun/Moon are round ... why wouldn't Earth be round.  Round is normal. 

Also I can see the curvature of waves on the horizon which means there is nothing behind them, which means the "land" goes down behind the norizon.

I knew someone who could recall summers so hot that asphalt melted. The same person believed in global warming. Empirical data says global freezing. Observable data says no change at all. Television says global warming. They think Im crazy! Im mad!

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, Steph said:

I knew someone who could recall summers so hot that asphalt melted. The same person believed in global warming. Empirical data says global freezing. Observable data says no change at all. Television says global warming. They think Im crazy! Im mad!

40 years ago I was contracting over in boulder WA the day I left to return east It was 51 deg c, it certainly gets hotter than that in the center of AUS in summer.

Global warming ( climate change) and the flat earth are fast becoming new religions just one is being promoted more than the other but they are both being done for personal gain

On 10/19/2020 at 1:50 AM, Steph said:

I have just put the bong down ,so can you tell me what the subtle difference is

On 10/19/2020 at 5:49 AM, amy G said:

This video is somewhat unique as the atmospheric conditions allowed for this truly incredible view

since you obviously didn't take the video (one of the very few you haven't) how do you know what the atmospheric conditions were like?, eg high and low level particulate concentrates,smoke haze, temperature inversions etc etc ,and for that matter what camera was used , or filters  if any. So your statement above sounds good but as usual means nothing

On 10/19/2020 at 2:56 AM, Steph said:

Thats it exactly. Ive been looking for a video like this for three years and its significance escapes the attention of those on either side alleging themself scientific. Why are ozzy sunset videos so hard to find?

Simple most of us have better things to do

Edited by peter
On 10/27/2020 at 2:56 AM, Beaujangles said:

I thought there was already a flat earth thread. Is this a second one then...

well i think the forum spoke when 'comedy time's thread was granted a sticky

very very odd decision making

On 10/27/2020 at 10:39 PM, peter said:

since you obviously didn't take the video (one of the very few you haven't) how do you know what the atmospheric conditions were like?

From how clearly we could watch the Sun get smaller as it receded from the camera into the distance.

On 10/26/2020 at 7:14 AM, Steph said:

I know galileos proof for heliocentrism.

Galileo did nothing of the sort and his telescope was 'light years' behind the camera that I am using today. Only if he had on of these!

And I caught another gorgeous sunset last night. It watches best when you cue up the Beatles, Fool on the hill.

Edited by amy G
On 10/18/2020 at 3:50 PM, Steph said:

I am still trying...

and finding just the opposite:

Edited by amy G
On 10/29/2020 at 3:18 PM, amy G said:

Galileo did nothing of the sort and his telescope was 'light years' behind the camera that I am using today. Only if he had on of these!

Well, there's nearly a full set of planets in the night skies over the next month.

Mercury, Venus , Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune will all be visible to binoculars and telescopes at some point.

So let's see a picture of Saturn and it's  moons better than Galileo's.

7 hours ago, killing raven sun said:

everything is variation of rotation

spheres are the basic static form of a swirl

nothing in the universe is "flat"

"flatness" like "darkness" does not exist

they are a flaw of perception

I like it when someone varies his thinking like this guy in this vid.

ps......This reminds me of the story 'Alice through the looking glass'.

Satan always mixes the truth with lies.

Edited by alexa
15 hours ago, killing raven sun said:

nothing in the universe is "flat"

Many who join these threads do not even know the story they are trying to support. Not only is our solar system a basically flat plane, but up until recently, so was our entire galaxy. Now they tell us at something like 25,000 light years our galaxy is warped, but still a basically flat plane.

The basic idea from our masonic masters boils down to:

Solar Systems/Galaxies are flat because of the rotation of the central mass

• Like 1