9 minutes ago, Ziggy Sawdust said:

May I respectfully suggest that moderators nip it in the bud as soon as it becomes obvious it's happening.

Thanks.

That's quite a wide covering subject. 

If it's your thread (ie you started it) then you can contact the Moderators at any time to discuss your thread. 

Some subjects do and will wander somewhat and if the original poster doesn't have a problem then we tend to let things flow. 

If any member has a specific problem about threads / subjects and off topic content then either PM the Mods or flag it and give an explanation as to why you've flagged it. It will then be looked at and discussed behind the scenes. 

Thanks 

BC :0)

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Ziggy Sawdust said:

May I respectfully suggest that moderators nip it in the bud as soon as it becomes obvious it's happening.

Thanks.

This is not sensible ... threads flow where they flow ... you can always try to bring them back on track ....

You probably have a thread in mind ...Which one?  

19 hours ago, Ziggy Sawdust said:

Thanks.

May I respectfully remind all members that us moderators are human beings too, we do this job voluntarily and therefore we cannot monitor this forum 24/7 as well as monitor every single topic and post.

If anyone sees any topic or post that warrants the attention of a moderator, please use the 'Report' function, found in the 'three dots' menu ("More options") at the top-right of every post:

image.png.f8c19dc39cd38c5dde832994006c48c6.png

But please, only use this to report content that goes against the Forum Rules & Guidelines

On 10/15/2020 at 9:36 PM, Grumpy Owl said:

May I respectfully remind all members that us moderators are human beings too, 

It cant be so - with that mighty banner of Smiting you ar surely gods

On 10/15/2020 at 2:11 AM, Ziggy Sawdust said:

Thanks.

part of responsibilty is on members to...

don't bite the bait when trolling starts

don't fall for provocation,it's that simple 

7 minutes ago, screamingeagle said:

part of responsibilty is on members to...

don't bite the bait when trolling starts

don't fall for provocation,it's that simple 

All very well my friend but it's so sad to see a decent thread end up going in a completely different direction all because one obvious troll

has decided that's what's going to happen.

I could show you a recent classic example but I now have the culprit on ignore and can't see his nonsense any longer (thankfully).

Just now, Ziggy Sawdust said:

All very well my friend but it's so sad to see a decent thread end up going in a completely different direction all because one obvious troll

has decided that's what's going to happen.

I could show you a recent classic example but I now have the culprit on ignore and can't see his nonsense any longer (thankfully).

i have seen that many times....it's heated debate,reply once if you need and then just don't feed the idiot 

sceptics are like that,moved away from them long time ago...... i understand,it is a tactic to buri the info 

just don't engage with defenders of the sistem....

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, screamingeagle said:

i have seen that many times....it's heated debate,reply once if you need and then just don't feed the idiot 

sceptics are like that,moved away from them long time ago...... i understand,it is a tactic to buri the info 

I don't.

2 hours ago, Ziggy Sawdust said:

I could show you a recent classic example but I now have the culprit on ignore

lt would help the Mods if you flag things up / report..
We can't be everywhere all the time and read everything......though we try.
BC  :O)

15 hours ago, screamingeagle said:

What about engaging with people who find flaws in your claims? Labelling them as "defenders of the system" is a neat way to avoid replying to them isn't it?

A great piece of advice, that way the actual idea that everything you type must be correct, because there is no way that anything you typed against the mainstream is wrong now is there....and free speech and open discussion can;t possibly highlight this can it.