Tips for mental health during this time?

I felt this was worth a topic in the health section as mental health can directly affect general health. For example when people are depressed or scared, cortisol levels raise, which directly weakens the imminent system and problems can then begin. I imagine most of us are struggling at the moment as all the fun has been taken away from us, with things planned to get worse as we know. It doesn’t help that we can observe most people still believing the lies of the media with no questions whatsoever, which diminishes hope for us. 

Ive not been the sort of person to suffer from any sort of depression or anxiety as I live a happy stress free life living the life I enjoy. But like I said with that being taken away and maybe even with 5G being rolled out, (even low levels emf below 5G affect hormones in the brain causing mental health), even I’m struggling, with no motivation to get out of bed or do anything in the day and just existing for the sake of it thinking what’s the point. So I know if I’m struggling then a lot of people will be having it a lot worse than I am, and no wonder suicide rates are through the roof, I know more people who have died of suicide than of covid. 

So I wanted to put together some good suggestions for anyone reading about how to try and boost things a bit, and please add other suggestions or your experiences, but for me useful things are: 

-positive affirmations, today I’m going to have a good day, today I’m going to do everything I want to do etc 

- connecting with friends or people you resonate with 

- exercise, yoga, breathing exercises etc 

- listening to positive music, music is frequencies and frequencies affect the subconscious so listen to music that makes you happy

- entertaining yourself with whatever’s you enjoy, walks in nature, drawing, books, jigsaws, films, things you need to do in the day etc, and this one is very important to avoid developing any addictions, as they begin due to boredom. 

Edited by Seeker
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Things which have helped me include:

• Saying prayers of gratitude for the things which I am grateful for
  • Writing in a feelings journal about my emotional state
  • Keeping a general diary in which I describe the events of my day. This is useful because you are actively showing an interest in yourself.
  • No compromise self care habits
  • Eating a variety of fruit and veg every day
  • Drinking approx 8 glasses of water a day
  • Getting regular exercise
  • Aiming for approx 8 hours sleep a night
  • Listening to classical music
  • Coloring 'Mandalas'
  • Being honest with myself as much as possible

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I view this as an opportunity to work through all your shit.  In America there is pressure to be productive, busy, and keep up appearances, to be successful.  Materialism is held up as the ideal way of life here.  Only lip service is paid to real values or the elusive “spirituality.”

Looking at the phone and getting informed is the first thing to do when you wake up then get to work or pretend to be busy.  Must meet goals.  Must have goals. 

No time for introspection.  It’s looked down upon because it distracts from the race.  If you’re an addict you can’t see it.  Here your whole life can go by and you don’t even realize you are mentally ill.  If you realize it you go get labeled, get funneled through the mental health industry and get fubared. 

I didn’t realize how much I hated myself even though it’s quite obvious.  I’ve cut myself up and starved myself for years to fit some ideal and thought it was the thing to do.  People can even tell you for years you’re fucked up and you can be completely blind.  In fact, it’s acceptable to hate yourself here.  There are whole industries built around self hatred.  

Working through all this shit is hard.  It’s hard breaking destructive habits but this is the time to do it. 

• Like 3

Get a bicycle, either a normal one or an e-bike and get out into nature as much as possible.

You will meet a lot of like minded people. An hour or two every other day has really worked wonders for me.

I have also bought a lot of physical books, regularly meditate and also star gaze (weather permitting) 

• Like 2

Sometimes getting your head out of your own ass is also good...there are plenty of people in need.  Animals too if you prefer.  Do you like cats?  There are always mother and baby cats that need temporary housing.  It’s a tough job, but very rewarding I hear.

Are cats gross?  Shelters also appreciate people who volunteer to walk dogs and deliver food and blankets for the cold season.  If you don’t like dogs IDK there’s something wrong with you.  

Things that have helped me cope during these times.

1. Plenty exercise fresh air

2. Plenty meditation

3. Use my time wisely - situationally it's easier for me under the circumstances to be indoors - so I focus on the activities that I can do in this situation.

4. De-friend /create distance between toxic people - no excuses made

5. Take breaks from reading about CO-VID 19 from all sources including here

6. Actively plan and then actively create the future that I desire

7. Regular routine for the above. Do certain activities at 8am, 10 am and stick to it at all times.

8. Remember to laugh heartedly - at current events, yourself and how seriously we take ourselves - good to take the time daily to do this!

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Michi713 said:

How specifically?

There's a lot of noise out there eg elections, antifa, BLM, proud boys etc and even here in this forum with left v's right, UFO's, flat earth, 911 and bla bla bla

But there is ONE pressing issue facing us all that should supercede everything else at this time which is the coming covid vaccine. All the lockdowns and all the media and government hype is all leading to one place: covid vaccine

They are absolutely desperate to get what is in those injections into your bloodstream. It should be everyones primary concern at the moment to research whats in those jabs and to then spread awareness to build a broad resistance to the bioweapon they intend to inject into us

People should research:

-hydrogel nanotechnology

-RNA vaccines

-Transfection

-luciferase bioluminscent marker

-ID2020

If you are scared of what is going on in the world at the moment then don't try and buy your head in the sand as it will only repress your emotions and it won't make the problems go away. Instead meet it head on and set out to educate as many people as you can so that when crunch time comes there are many people ready and willing to stand in defiance with you

Edited by Macnamara
  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2020 at 6:44 PM, Michi713 said:

I view this as an opportunity to work through all your shit.  In America there is pressure to be productive, busy, and keep up appearances, to be successful.  Materialism is held up as the ideal way of life here.  Only lip service is paid to real values or the elusive “spirituality.”

Looking at the phone and getting informed is the first thing to do when you wake up then get to work or pretend to be busy.  Must meet goals.  Must have goals. 

No time for introspection.  It’s looked down upon because it distracts from the race.  If you’re an addict you can’t see it.  Here your whole life can go by and you don’t even realize you are mentally ill.  If you realize it you go get labeled, get funneled through the mental health industry and get fubared. 

I didn’t realize how much I hated myself even though it’s quite obvious.  I’ve cut myself up and starved myself for years to fit some ideal and thought it was the thing to do.  People can even tell you for years you’re fucked up and you can be completely blind.  In fact, it’s acceptable to hate yourself here.  There are whole industries built around self hatred.  

Working through all this shit is hard.  It’s hard breaking destructive habits but this is the time to do it. 

Very well said👍

Tips for mental health during this time?

This body is not me.
I am not limited by this body.
I am life without boundaries.
I have never been born,
and I have never died.

Look at the ocean and the sky filled with stars,
manifestations from my wondrous true mind.

Since before time, I have been free.
Birth and death are only doors through which we pass,
sacred thresholds on our journey.
Birth and death are a game of hide-and-seek.

So laugh with me,
hold my hand,
let us say good-bye,
say good-bye, to meet again soon.

We meet today.
We will meet again tomorrow.
We will meet at the source every moment.
We meet each other in all forms of life.

• Thanks 1
On 10/14/2020 at 12:08 AM, Harmony said:

Get a bicycle, either a normal one or an e-bike and get out into nature as much as possible.

You will meet a lot of like minded people. An hour or two every other day has really worked wonders for me.

I have also bought a lot of physical books, regularly meditate and also star gaze (weather permitting) 

I think this is very useful and practical advise. I will leave my car, take my bicycle to the park and finally start reading my copy of The Gulag Archipelago by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

For me when I feel depressed I always exercise until I get an adrenaline rush 

usually takes about 3 hours or so before I get one

Once I do it stays with me for a day or two afterwards as well

its not a cure for depression but it definitely takes the edge off for me 

• Like 1

Meditate.... learn to separate your authentic core being from the incursions of the Twilight Zone, because that's where we are now.

Like Jesus said in the Gnostic gospel of Thomas 'Become passer by'.

Just passing through.... form no attachments to any of this nonsense.

When I read this, I heard the same “voice” of divine authority that I had recognized in the Bible and the Gospel of Thomas. I also understood for the first time, what Jesus meant when he said: “Become passers-by.” Jesus meant detachment from this earthly world, this transient abode. He meant what Baha’u’llah reiterated, “Busy not thyself with this world…”

https://bahaiteachings.org/jesus-said-become-passers-by/

Edited by Truthspoon
  • Like 1

to me things like Depression was something from the land of fiction that hits industrial nations only where as it is quite unknown in countries like Tibet.....I didn´t take it quite serious - unless my neighbour killed himself some weeks ago and no one really knew why ..... I started to read about it a bit

it seems a severe thing which is difficult to cure and often leads to suicide

🙂