Why Wheat is a Narcissist

Dawn

Ever wonder why wheat allergies aren’t discussed? 80% of us lack the proper enzyme to break down large wheat molecules. Undigested wheat proteins just fly around our system causing havoc and inflammation.

This can cause any number of symptoms, not just the digestive systems that you would suspect. Wheat allergies often get misdiagnosed as autoimmune disorders, ascension symptoms, or doctors simply treat the symptoms and not the underlying condition. For me, my wheat allergy manifested itself in skin problems and joint pain and stiffness. I never thought I was dealing with a food allergy, until just recently. 

I believe this is by design. Even though a lot of food labels take the time to print “no wheat” on their label or “made in a facility that processes wheat” ...I never hear anyone speak of a wheat allergy. If I were to tell someone that I was allergic to wheat, the typical response is “Oh, yeah..I’ve been trying to cut back on gluten too”. See what just happened there? We have been programmed to call a wheat allergy something else. Wheat is not the bad guy, gluten is the bad guy..

If you research gluten allergies, the propaganda gets thick. You are reassured that only a very small percentage of the population has celiac disease (the most severe manifestation of a wheat allergy), but there is no mention of the the other 75% percent of the population that has a lesser intolerance. Then they go on to point the finger at a bunch of other foods that are less inflammatory.

The wheat interests are running a strong defensive line that is reminiscent of a pathological narcissist telling you that if you leave him, no one else will love you. “Oh, you think you’re allergic to wheat?” “Well if you’re allergic to “gluten” then you can’t have rye or barley either.” “Corn and rice are also inflammatory”. “You also can’t have oats and other things that are processed at facilities that also process wheat.” As if giving up wheat doesn’t eliminate enough foods! They intentionally make the prospect of giving up wheat seem insurmountable and then continue to put it in 50% of the foods on the shelf. 

I also think wheat is the reason for the big vegan push we are seeing right now. Very few people are healthy vegans. Most people that don’t eat meat, fall back on more products containing wheat. They eat their wheat and chemical packed veggie burgers, they get more mystery symptoms, and more money comes pouring in to the broken and corrupt medical establishment. 

This is a new discovery for me. At this point I am unsure if other foods negatively affect me. But I know that not eating wheat for the past week has already reduced my skin issues and joint pain and stiffness by about 50%. If I need to cut out other things later, so be it. But as for now, I am leaving YOU wheat. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Some years ago I paid for one of those food intolerance tests, got some interesting results.

As for wheat, my intake is low.

White bread bloats me horribly if I eat it too much of it over a couple of days.

Wholemeal bread less so and I don't eat much of that either.

No problems with rye or barley or spelt or oats - I buy Nairns rough oatcakes.

The tests also showed I am intolerant to buckwheat which is in some wholemeal spaghetti, and of course galettes in Brittany are made from it. I can't say I've suffered from the intolerance - the odd galette washed down with cider every couple of years hasn't done me any harm!

• 3 weeks later...

I can't eat wheat either- makes me so bloated and I get nauseated if I eat a lot of it. I have now decided to stop eating it which I did for some time, but it's hard as I love bagels and rolls.

Oats I have no problem with. Like you Gregory I have Nairns or the Lidl ones.

I have thought about trying to make flat breads ( the middle eastern style ones) with millet flour. I've used that flour before when making home made veggie burgers and it's nutty tasting and gluten free. I think I have  a problem mostly with the gluten in wheat. My uncle can't eat wheat either ( mother's brother).

I feel ill eating rye bread too, so it seems to be a gluten problem with me.

• 3 weeks later...

Everybody should try and go gluten free for a week. It's the quickest way to know if it's an issue. I've met folk who consider themselves to be robustly healthy who have had surprising health improvements by avoiding it. Also, wholemeal is a fairly recent thing and likely not as healthy as folk think. The rich used to eat white bread as it was considered purer. The East have eaten white rice for thousands of years. I've noted that Quinoa is becoming more wholemeal seeing as that's what the West demand. The husk contains phytates and is designed so that it's undigestable. I'd guess that wholemeal is the reason for more grain allergies. Not that shelf bought white bread is healthy but if I could tolerate it, I'd have it freshly baked over wholmeal any day. Better to tax the gut less and get some carbs in than overly stimulate it.

I don't think it's gluten ... ffs.   I saw a US study on soil depletion.  That means that by pummelling the soil to make as much wheat as possible the soil slowly dies because that's not how nature works.   Farmers do many things like trying to get 2 or 3 seasons of wheat in the same year.  In this study since WW2 the minerals in the soil had depleted between 40% and 70%, of potassium, calcium etc...   That study was done in the 1980s, can you imagine what it's like now?  The soil is begging to die but farmers just pour in chemicals to make something grow.   That's why Tomatoes taste like cardboard - they are.

Rudolf Steiner said that the potatoes that he was eating tasted nothing like the potatoes people ate in previous generations due to mercilous farming techniques ...   Steiner died in 1925.  It was bad even then.

So we don't know what real food tastes like.

When you go to the cereal aisle in the supermarket ant the packets say "With Added Vitamin A, C, E, Niacin.." ... why do they say that?  Have yo ever thought about it ?
Why ?   Did the cereal companies suddenly get hot on Vitamins?  Why not Vitamins in sausages or ketchup?
Well .. it is because the Government noticed that cereal which is a main part of the diet had fuck all nourishment in it ... and forced the cereal manufacturers to put things back into the food that should be there.

So no it's not "gluten" ... its industrial farming producing low quality product full of disease and chemicals and death.

After WW2 some clever chaps in the UK invented the Chorleywood Bread Process which is used to make most bread in the UK today.  Why?  Because real wheat quality wheat was expensive and they wanted to make bread for British people with total shit cheap wheat ... but when they tried the bread wouldn't rise, it wouldn't come out of the oven properly.   So this "process" spins the shit cheap wheat so fast that it is forced to make the right shape and comes out of the oven looking like bread and is sold to people.

But it's not bread.

Things to avoid are the foods that have been f****d up the backside : particularly wheat, maize, tomatoes, beef, pork, milk.   All those things have millions of uses and are fillers and just used everywhere so they have been targetted by the food manufacturers and shafted to death ... avoid.

I've been using for flour : buckwheat, rice, casava, teff ... all very good.

Anyway the BS is everywhere, like when they talk about why the bees are dying ... what could it be?  Let's find that one thing that is killing them.   Rather than observing that we are killing everything on the fucking planet.   The only surprise is that there are creatures still alive.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rideforever said:

I don't think it's gluten ... ffs.   I saw a US study on soil depletion.  That means that by pummelling the soil to make as much wheat as possible the soil slowly dies because that's not how nature works.   Farmers do many things like trying to get 2 or 3 seasons of wheat in the same year.  In this study since WW2 the minerals in the soil had depleted between 40% and 70%, of potassium, calcium etc...   That study was done in the 1980s, can you imagine what it's like now?  The soil is begging to die but farmers just pour in chemicals to make something grow.   That's why Tomatoes taste like cardboard - they are.

Rudolf Steiner said that the potatoes that he was eating tasted nothing like the potatoes people ate in previous generations due to mercilous farming techniques ...   Steiner died in 1925.  It was bad even then.

So by your reasoning, wheat grown biodynamically, according to Steiner's methods (which produces amazing tasting food bar none), would not cause an allergic response to those with a wheat allergy? I think you'll find it still does. I eat 100% organically most of the time and it agrees with me more than conventionally farmed food but not to the extent, by any means, that allergies cease to be an issue.

It has been shown that biodynamically produced cow's milk is much less likely to cause allergic responses in those supposedly with lactose intolerance. This though is apparently due to the cows keeping their horns as even conventionally produced cow's milk is more tolerable than organically produced, if the cows keep their horns. The horns being the main player in this instance then.

Soil is very important

@Traveller

Well, I don't really know.  I see that many people today have many types of "allergies" and it's clear to me this is all part of the degredation of farming.  Also because there are so many pollutants and wrong things in the world, it is likely that "allergies" are caused by the interaction or multiplication of various factors, and the destruction of the human digestive system.

I am not an expert by any means but, the traditional squat toilet allowed pressure on the ascending/descending colon to push out the waste - personally I used this method and in the morning I clear the entire colon in about 2 minutes with ease, which is very different to how things used to be pushing and pulling rocking back and forwards on the throne.  So that's one example of the damaging effect of "progress" i.e. advertising.

Another one is that large consumption of fruit juices, by some people, that damages the digestion - it's too acidic and too sugary to be drunk so frequently as it is.

And many other things.   It's a fucking disaster if you really want to see it.

I went to the Haa Centre in Sweden, a Satyananda ashram, and they had an amazing traditional detox ... after performing all the cleansing of the entire digestive system ... we were on warm spelt for breakfast and extremely plain food for 3 days and gradually re-introduced a few things.   It was an amazing experience and you learn many things.

When so much is wrong ... so yeah, difficult to pinpoint the "allergies".  Wheat even "organic or biodynamic" ... well I would simply avoid everything on my little list.

If humans are attracted to profiteering from it, just switch because there is no end to their shenanigans ... just drop it and eat something else.

Another use that few consumers are aware of also has contributed to increased glyphosate use: Pre-harvest crop desiccation. Originating in Scotland in the 1980s, this practice involves applying the herbicide to a standing crop toward the end of the growing season with the express purpose of expediting the natural process that would occur, where a crop slowly dies and dries in the field. The glyphosate kills the crop so it can be dry enough to harvest sooner than if it were left to die naturally — allowing the farmer to clear the field before the onset of unfavorable weather. Given how long they are usually in storage, the moisture levels of grain crops need to be low enough to store without getting moldy. The practice has since gained significant traction in North America, particularly in the northern regions of the Great Plains and the grain belt of Midwestern and western Canada, where cold, wet weather comes early.

For these farmers glyphosate-induced pre-harvest crop desiccation provides a couple other advantages. The accelerated drying process reduces potential post-harvest energy inputs, such as the need to use a grain dryer. The practice also generates a physiological “last gasp” response in less mature plants that expedites ripening and helps them “catch up” to their companions, ensuring more consistent yields. This in turn allows successive crops to be sowed earlier and improves weed control.

Currently, few statistics exist regarding the acreage subject to glyphosate desiccation or the overall quantity of glyphosate use for drying, but there’s little doubt that the practice is expanding across a variety of crops including corn, peas, soybeans, flax, rye, lentils, triticale, buckwheat, canola, millet, potatoes, sugar beets, soybeans and other edible legumes.

As a result, glyphosate has been showing up in trace amounts in food — including Ben & Jerry’s ice cream — raising red flags among consumer groups and even causing companies to change their sourcing to avoid contamination.

The exact timing of the application depends on a number of factors, but generally ranges from three to seven days before the onset of harvesting activities. And herein lies a potential explanation for the appearance of glyphosate in Ben & Jerry’s, as well as a large number of other food products. “Pre-harvest desiccation may account for only a small percentage of overall glyphosate use,” says Charles Benbrook, a visiting scholar at the Bloomberg School of Public Health who has spent more than a decade studying the use of glyphosate and associated health risks. “But it accounts for over 50 percent of dietary exposure.”

@rideforever

I've been using a squatty potty for a couple of decades. Only way to go eh! :) Many things cause allergies. Mercury fillings don't help and vaccine damaged guts are a contributing factor. So even eating a healthy diet of food grown properly is not enough if you've already been compromised. I can't eat any grain without getting manic. Even quinoa and amaranth grown organically. I went to a real cool retreat in Glastonbury - The Fisher King Centre and did a gut reboot. All good but restructuring a misshapen bowel is a timely process that takes a few months of strict adherence but there's little that can't be resolved. My keyboards decided it doesn't want to allow paragraphs. I also like Dr. Randolph Stone's Polarity Yoga. That's all about squatting postures.

Edited by Traveller
  • Like 1

Jeezus I've been getting some amazing pears and apples recently ... I just had one of the apples, they are big like russets but are red ... wow they taste amazing, poured a bottle coconut kefir on it feel like the sun just rose.

Also I make water kefir here with a friend ... pretty damn good !!!!

I grow all my vegetables organically.  I am following steiners methods so cow horns with shit and manure have just gone on one side of my allotment.  There so much about the microbiobe of the soil and the gut that we dont understand. As humans we need a balanced gut flora which (obviously) pesticides and commercial farming methods destroy.

Edited by kj35
  • Like 1