The Times article about Gareth Icke's speech at Trafalgar square

saturday october 3 2020

CORONAVIRUS

Sons of David Icke take centre stage in Covid conspiracy movement

Gareth Icke gives a speech in London at a rally also attended by Piers Corbyn, far left. Right, Icke with his father and brother, Jaymie

Ben Ellery

Saturday October 03 2020, 12.01am, The Times

The sons of David Icke have become key figures in the anti-vaccination movement and built up a “conspiracy theory” video streaming service with hundreds of thousands of pounds in revenues.

Gareth, 38, is becoming a leading light in the movement after a recording of a speech he gave at an anti-lockdown rally last weekend was viewed three million times on Facebook.

Jaymie, 27, is behind a video streaming service, Ickonic, with thousands of hours of content, including videos on the 9/11 attacks, that has recorded a rise in annual revenue to £400,000.

Gareth, a personal trainer who is married to a primary school teacher with whom he has a young daughter, formerly sang in a band

Gareth, a lead singer in a band and a former England beach football player, is behind a range of T-shirts and jumpers priced £40 which carry slogans such as “Covid1984”, “scamdemic” and a shot of a sheep wearing a mask.

Their father David, 68, is a former footballer and BBC sports presenter. When he appeared on the Terry Wogan chat show on BBC One in 1991 he announced that he was the son of God and that the world was run by reptiles. Since then he has toured the world giving lectures to sold-out venues about his beliefs.

In recent weeks Gareth has won plaudits from people on social media who say he is his father’s heir. His speech in Trafalgar Square last weekend criticised the government’s lockdown claiming “it was never about health, it was about control”.

He went on to refer to a 9/11 conspiracy theory and questioned whether the hunt for a vaccine was a “Trojan horse” that had been prepared before the pandemic.

The Centre for Countering Digital Hate (CCDH) said it was “deeply concerning” that Facebook allowed the video on to its platform.

Gareth, a personal trainer, is married to a primary school teacher with whom he has a young daughter. They live in Amber Valley, Derbyshire, near his younger brother. He told The Times: “I got asked to do a speech in Birmingham about six weeks ago. I said ‘OK’, then I arrived and because of my surname I was headlining. Then it just felt natural. I did some more then got asked to London and it all came from nowhere. I’ve been asked to do Vancouver and Toronto next month. I’m just happy to do it.”

Responding to the suggestion that the video made false and dangerous claims, he said: “ I’m just saying what I believe to be true. People can take it or leave it.”

Growing up as the son of one of the most ridiculed men in the country was not easy. “It was horrible growing up and as a kid I was quite bitter about it,” he said. “Wherever you went with dad, people would stop him for an autograph, they loved him. Then that changed overnight, people would shout at him. I was eight.

“At the same time, would I have stood up in front of all those people in Trafalgar Square if I hadn’t had that childhood? Probably not. Having so much stick as a kid gave me a thicker skin. Dad’s views must’ve influenced mine. If people say the views they’ve experienced don’t influence them then they would be lying. He never put anything on us though, ever. He always said ‘just go away and research it’. All he taught me was to question everything.”

Jaymie’s streaming service started last November. For £12.99 a month users can watch thousands of hours of material including lectures by their father.

Jaymie said: “I’m really proud of what we’ve built so far. People are becoming more questioning of information so they are interested in alternatives. Dad isn’t involved but he’s pleased his videos are getting a bigger platform. He’s been supportive.

“You only ever hear one side of the debate on masks and that’s dangerous. I don’t see how anyone can view anything on the channel and not come away from it with positive ideas.

“How much are certain people going to make out of this [the pandemic]? Follow the money. It’s about control. If you can force a population to inject something into their body . . . that’s fascism.

“I would never tell anyone not to vaccinate their child. I’ve just had a five-month-old boy who hasn’t been vaccinated and won’t be.”

Facebook took down the video featuring Gareth’s speech in London last night after an inquiry from The Times.

The centre published a report in July which highlighted a network of pages and groups across social media promoting anti-vaccine content with a combined audience of 58 million, 31 million of them on Facebook.

Imran Ahmed, chief executive of CCDH, said: “It is deeply concerning that this video, which makes false and dangerous claims about masks and vaccines, has been viewed by millions of people.

“The fact that Facebook only acted when approached by [this newspaper] shows that they are only concerned with bad publicity, not protecting their users from harmful misinformation. Until they act on this, misinformation and conspiracy theories will continue to spread rapidly across Facebook and another video will simply take this one’s place.”

A Facebook spokesman said: “We have removed this video for violating our policy on harmful misinformation. We’ve taken aggressive steps to limit the spread of misinformation and connect people with reliable information.”

Gospel according to Icke

Son of God
In 1991 he announced he was the “son of the Godhead”, interpreting Godhead as the “infinite mind”, and that the world was going to end in 1997. He appeared on Terry Wogan’s show where he was asked if he was the son of God. He replied that Jesus would have been laughed at too and repeated that Britain would soon be devastated by tidal waves and earthquakes.

Shape-shifting lizards
He believes that the Earth has been taken over by a race of reptilians called Archons. The royal family are shape-shifting lizards, he claims, and are part of a group known as the Illuminati which is controlling the world. He believes they are keeping humans in constant fear to feed off the “negative energy” it creates.

The Moon Matrix
He believes that the collective human mind is manipulated from the Moon, which is controlled by the reptilians, who broadcast a virtual reality to our brains.

Illuminati
Mr Icke attributes various historical incidents, such as 9/11 and the death of Diana, Princess of Wales, to being the hand of the Illuminati, or the “Global Elite”.

Related articles

CORONAVIRUS

Trump ‘worst offender’ for spreading fake health news

President Trump is the “single largest driver” of misinformation about the coronavirus, according to a study. Researchers at...

October 02 2020, 12.01am

Henry Zeffman Washington

ANTIVAX | BEHIND THE STORY

Could antivaxers hinder a potential vaccine?

To halt the spread of coronavirus, it is estimated that 70 per cent of the population would need to develop immunity, either...

September 12 2020, 12.01am

CORONAVIRUS

Conspiracy theorists thrive in Bolton

As Thursday drew to a close in Bolton the streets were mostly empty. The odd handful of masked commuters spilled from the...

September 26 2020, 12.01am

Charlotte Wace, Northern Correspondent

Comments are subject to our community guidelines, which can be viewed here.

Comments(373)

F

M

Mark Crorigan

18 SECONDS AGO

It’s a real stroke of good fortune that the shape-shifting reptilian Illuminati have yet to twig on to the fact that David and co know the truth. You’d have thought they would capture and presumably eat anybody with knowledge of their wicked scheme.

RecommendReport

G

Gavin

9 MINUTES AGO

So the tag line under the photo says Piers Corbyn, far left. Surely not.

RecommendReport

A

A Right Karen

41 SECONDS AGOEdited

People here are calling for Gareth Ickes wife to be sacked. Calling her a flat earth proponent etc etc You've got no evidence she believes or teaches any such thing. I haven't heard the ickes ever spout flat earth theory either. People here are now clamouring for an innocent lady to be removed from a teaching post with no other evidence than association with someone who as far as I can see has broken no laws. That Is what is shocking about this article. The comments from very very indoctrinated fascists. Talk about deplatforming and cancel culture. You don't have to agree with them but what if your beliefs are next for the shredder? Surely freedom of speech needs to be protected here. Who made people like CCDH on charge? You? Me? Do we even know what they are? Do some of these commentators work for them?

Delete

N

NR

3 HOURS AGO

Time I think for a law prohibiting unvaccinated children from going to state schools until properly protected. Then we can send them to the local Icke Academy wheret as they can all have mumps and measles together. No access to NHS hospitals needed of course.

RecommendReport

A

A sense of perspective

2 HOURS AGO

NR

And teachers - Gemma Icke is an Assistant Deputy Flat Earth Headteacher in a primary school! How on flat earth she is allowed to remain in post teaching our children this harmful filth is beyond belief!

RecommendReport

A

A Right Karen

1 HOUR AGO

A sense of perspective

You've got no evidence she believes or teaches any such thing. I haven't heard them ever spout flat earth theory either. People here are now clamouring for an innocent lady to be removed from a teaching post with no other evidence than association with someone who as far as I can see has broken no laws. That Is what is shocking about this article. The comments from very very indoctrinated fascists. Talk about deplatforming and cancel culture. You don't have to agree with them but what if your beliefs are next for the shredder? Surely freedom of speech needs to be protected here. Who made people like CCDH on charge? You? Me? Do we even know what they are

Delete

A

This post violated our policy.

A

A Right Karen

41 MINUTES AGO

You have no evidence whatsoever she does any of that. Absolutely awful comment.

Delete

A

A Right Karen

42 MINUTES AGO

You should be ashamed.

Delete

L

L2b4

3 HOURS AGO

NR

Edited

So basically punish the children for their parents decision. They will then be homeschooled and radicalised by their parents' community. Unvaccinated children are not a risk to vaccinated ones and are more at risk by disease if concentrated within homeschooling communities. Let the poor kids integrate!

RecommendedReport

D

Dies Irae

39 MINUTES AGO

L2b4

So you make an exception for one child. Then another wants the same. then another. How many unvaccinated children in a school is enough? 10? Then the parents of child number 11 kick off about their rights to be treated the same as the other 10 numbskulls. Look, either you have rules or you don't. When we moved to the US, our children were not allowed to start school until we could produce their full vaccinations records from the UK. No ifs no buts. If the parents are too stupid to vaccinate their kids, the answer is not to say "Oh OK, the rules don't apply to you then."

RecommendReport

H

Hilary Manser

1 HOUR AGO

L2b4

They are a risk to babies and people who for whatever reason CAN'T be vaccinated. Such as those with auto immune diseases

RecommendReport

P

Pommard

3 HOURS AGO

NR

Surely Safeguarding should apply here - kids need vaccinating against diseases that can have long-term effects and for parents to fail to provide such care is potentially harmful to those children.

RecommendReport

G

Graeme Barriball

3 HOURS AGO

NR

Must they all also have, blue eyes and blond hair?

RecommendReport

A

A sense of perspective

48 MINUTES AGO

Graeme Barriball

Childish comment by a typical flat earther

RecommendReport

R

RCB

2 HOURS AGO

Graeme Barriball

No, just vaccinated. Jesus 

Edited by kj35
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/sons-of-david-icke-take-centre-stage-in-covid-conspiracy-movement-ttvvqqfvb

As Gareth says it really is pointless giving interviews to the MSM, they will twist your words and deceive the viewer or reader. They have an agenda, they are prostitutes for Governments and financial oligarchs.

Edited by Golden Retriever
  • Like 2

Flat-Earth nonsense again!? Not too surprised since certain individuals come here and flood this forum with this BS. Most likely intentionally.

Oh, and Gareth's wife Gemma should prepare herself 'coz it seems like they'll start harassing her also from now on...

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, kj35 said:

So you make an exception for one child. Then another wants the same. then another. How many unvaccinated children in a school is enough?

I've said this before and I'll say it again. If your child is 'vaccinated', then what 'danger' does any unvaccinated child present (to your child)?

10 minutes ago, kj35 said:

Imran Ahmed, chief executive of CCDH, said: “It is deeply concerning that this video, which makes false and dangerous claims about masks and vaccines, has been viewed by millions of people.

That's his opinion and he's entitled to it. Equally, many people are entitled to their opinion that everything we have been told about masks and vaccines by our governments and media organisations is also "false and dangerous".

If all we've needed to do to 'stop the spread' was to keep washing our hands, wear a face covering and keep a safe distance (which it seems vast majority of people are doing), then why are the 'cases' now increasing? Clearly this has all been pointless then?

It's little simple questions like these that will plant the seed of doubt (hopefully) into peoples' minds.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
9 minutes ago, metak88 said:

Flat-Earth nonsense again!? Not too surprised since certain individuals come here and flood this forum with this BS. Most likely intentionally.

Oh, and Gareth's wife Gemma should prepare herself 'coz it seems like they'll start harassing her also from now on...

Don't make this thread about flat earth please.

I for one, am undecided and so are many people I know who are WIDE AWAKE.

The MSM detest David Icke, they also detest flat earthers don't they?

Please reply, if you like on a flat earth thread.

Just now, Golden Retriever said:

I for one, am undecided on Flat Earth 

Why does that not surprise me GR?

so are many people I know who are WIDE AWAKE.

No ... only paid agents and the mentally retarded 

12 minutes ago, Golden Retriever said:

Don't make this thread about flat earth please.

It isn't. What is interesting is how the subject was just randomly tossed into that comments section (of the article linked to above). 'Guilt by association'.

I hardly think a primary school teacher is going to be teaching kids about 'flat earth' (its not part of the National Curriculum, I'm sure).

Anyway, this is the purpose of FE, to broadly discredit the wider 'conspiracy theory' movement. "Oh, you think Covid is a hoax? I suppose you think the world is flat too?" etc etc

• Like 5
24 minutes ago, metak88 said:

Flat earth may be nonsense in your eyes.

Not in mine.

• Like 2
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Golden Retriever said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/sons-of-david-icke-take-centre-stage-in-covid-conspiracy-movement-ttvvqqfvb

As Gareth says it really is pointless giving interviews to the MSM, they will twist your words and deceive the viewer or reader. They have an agenda, they are prostitutes for Governments and financial oligarchs.

It would have been taken down anyway. What it has done is reached a massive audience for ickonic. He shouldn't feel like this imo

Edited by kj35
1 hour ago, oz93666 said:

Why does that not surprise me GR?

No ... only paid agents and the mentally retarded 

You're pissed off with me because I exposed you for you saying Muir was a Government mole and that you thought it was ridiculous the financial

oligarchies would be invovled in the Scamdemic!

Sorry OP ... but that's the truth.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Golden Retriever said:

You left comments on the Times.

Flat earth comments?

No. I left the comments on the article in deliberately on here  .I'll try and copy all of them over. In between what you'd expect there's a fair number of people questioning who the hell ccdh are and what gives them authority to do this. And people sticking up for gemma. It was reassuring.  Also some weirdo called the Ickes child killers for cash and the times has deleted it for violating The Times policy . More and more people reassuringly  questioning

Edited by kj35
7 minutes ago, kj35 said:

No. I left the comments on the article in deliberately.  I'll try and copy all of them over. In between what you'd expect there's a fair number of people question who the hell ccdh are and what gives them authority to do this. And people stucking up for gemma. It was reassuring.  Also some weirdo called the Ickes child killers for cash and the times has deleted it for violating The Times policy 

Grumpy Owl said we can talk about flat earth here, so that's why I post this comment

For your and everyone's information, David Icke allowed this writer, Rob Mazak (Staff Author)  in May 2020 to write the following on the David Icke Home Page.

I have no idea who Rob Mazak is, and I'm not saying David Icke endorses his article completely, but if he was totally against the idea,

he would never have allowed it.

The Problem with the Spherical Earth Model

"We have all seen the beautiful color pictures of our earth as it looks from space, the big spinning sphere in the vacuum of space, the place we all call home. This is the belief that we all have, that we are residing on a spinning ball, in a vast universe that exists among billions of other solar systems, galaxies and stars. We have all been taught from a very young age that this is the order of things and it all seems validated by agencies such as the National Space and Aeronautics Agency (NASA). Why wouldn’t we believe this? After all, isn’t there plenty of evidence that supports this model? We have watched the space program develop, through the eyes of the media, from the first primitive trip to the moon, to the shuttle program, the international space station, the Hubble telescope, the deep space satellites, the rover on Mars, and the list could go on for a very long time. We have seen the pictures of our home that were taken on our moon trips, doesn’t this prove that we are living on a globe? Unfortunately, there are probably only a few people on this earth that can know for sure if what we are being taught and shown is really the truth. Our human nature tends to direct us to follow the crowd and believe what everyone else accepts without really doing our own investigation. However, human nature is also engrained with the quest for knowledge and learning. I propose that we challenge this global spinning earth model by looking at some facts that do not align with what we are being taught. A problem arises when we cannot physically validate the truth; however, I shall bring forth arguments which demonstrate that we cannot possibly be living on a spinning sphere"

More here

https://davidicke.com/2020/05/22/problem-spherical-earth-model/

The earth is flatter than the flattest pancake in Flat Town, Flatsville in my opinion.

Curved water?......lol.

The sun and moon appear the same size because one is 400 times bigger than the other and 400 times as far away after a big bang.....lol

The earth's atmosphere rests against a vacuum with no barrier?.....lol

But let's not derail the thread.

Edited by Ziggy Sawdust
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Golden Retriever said:

Grumpy Owl said we can talk about flat earth here, so that's why I post this comment

For your and everyone's information, David Icke allowed this writer, Rob Mazak (Staff Author)  in May 2020 to write the following on the David Icke Home Page.

I have no idea who Rob Mazak is, and I'm not saying David Icke endorses his article completely, but if he was totally against the idea,

he would never have allowed it.

The Problem with the Spherical Earth Model

"We have all seen the beautiful color pictures of our earth as it looks from space, the big spinning sphere in the vacuum of space, the place we all call home. This is the belief that we all have, that we are residing on a spinning ball, in a vast universe that exists among billions of other solar systems, galaxies and stars. We have all been taught from a very young age that this is the order of things and it all seems validated by agencies such as the National Space and Aeronautics Agency (NASA). Why wouldn’t we believe this? After all, isn’t there plenty of evidence that supports this model? We have watched the space program develop, through the eyes of the media, from the first primitive trip to the moon, to the shuttle program, the international space station, the Hubble telescope, the deep space satellites, the rover on Mars, and the list could go on for a very long time. We have seen the pictures of our home that were taken on our moon trips, doesn’t this prove that we are living on a globe? Unfortunately, there are probably only a few people on this earth that can know for sure if what we are being taught and shown is really the truth. Our human nature tends to direct us to follow the crowd and believe what everyone else accepts without really doing our own investigation. However, human nature is also engrained with the quest for knowledge and learning. I propose that we challenge this global spinning earth model by looking at some facts that do not align with what we are being taught. A problem arises when we cannot physically validate the truth; however, I shall bring forth arguments which demonstrate that we cannot possibly be living on a spinning sphere"

More here

https://davidicke.com/2020/05/22/problem-spherical-earth-model/

I know he's had some stuff on there for a few months.  But di has said openly he doesn't agree with it.  I'll post it on fe. 

Edited by kj35
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, kj35 said:

I know he's had some stuff on there for a few months.  But di has said openly he doesn't agree with it.  I'll post it on fe. 

KJ ... I have never found anything from David Icke to say the earth is a sphere or flat, but by publishing the above article in favour

of flat earth, I suggest he thinks a flat earth is a possibility.

Can you provide a link from the David Icke Home page or one of his books or speeches where he refutes the flat earth model?

I think he's open minded about it.

KJ ... I have never found anything from David Icke to say the earth is a sphere or flat, but by publishing the above article in favour

of flat earth, I suggest he thinks a flat earth is a possibility.

Can you provide a link on the David Icke Home page or one of his books or speeches where he refutes the flat earth model?

I think he's open minded about it.

David has never to my knowledge covered this in a book .. it is after all a very recent Psi-op 

He was asked a direct question in a video about 2 years ago "Do you believe the Earth is Flat" 

David Said  .... "How would we Know?...How would we Know? "

From memory I don't think he elaborated and the interviewer seemed to understand and let it drop ...

David was referring to his belief that this is all a hologram , a fake reality created by an outside intelligence .... literally like the Matrix movie  ... So we cannot know anything , there maybe no cabal , no Rothschilds , no England , it's all a virtual reality movie we are experiencing .... of course if you truly believe that why do anything , why does he fight it and go to talk in Trafalgar square??? 

Just now, metak88 said:

Just looked at that metak ... Strange , that's not how I remember it , but my quote was accurate ... Perhaps he was asked in another video .. I remember it as an interviewer asking the question  ...

I strongly disagree with David on this , the reality has not been hacked at this level ... But that's a very deep discussion , not for this thread. 

Just now, Ziggy Sawdust said:
You've chosen to ignore content by oz93666. Options 
You've chosen to ignore content by metak88. Options 
You've chosen to ignore content by oz93666. Options 

And a very merry Christmas to you too. 

How exactly does that work ? does it mean you see this page but our posts are not there? 

Edited by oz93666