Jump to content

joaz

Members
  • Posts

    8
  • Joined

  • Last visited

joaz's Achievements

1

Reputation

  1. why...? (other than it allows condescending smuggies like you to feel superior to the rest of us)
  2. to/for what POSSIBLE end/reason...? if I, using my divinely designed brain in all good faith, arrive at a logical conclusion that nevertheless contradicts the party line, am I then supposed to say "Ooops! Mea culpa! Sorry!" & pretend I didn't..?
  3. Find any photographs of Earth published in books printed before ~1976 (not scans or images, because these can be manipulated), but the original, printed books with the original, printed photographs
  4. As long as you continue to insist that you are right in the face of all logical evidence to the contrary, not completely... Can quite see your ancestors being enthusiastic members of the Spanish Inquisition (the men, that is; "God-fearing" Catholic women had only two possible career paths - as either mothers or nuns, nothing else) Next time you hear someone say that their belief or faith "burns like fire" or "they are aflame" just pause for a moment & think about where & how such statements originated ps 100^9 is what Hubble can see; James Webb will double that...which makes up the "visible" Universe, which is 4.9% of the total, with the other 95.1% being the dark matter & dark energy which gravity tells us is there, but is not visible to any other sensors that mankind has yet constructed the Universe is the absolute & ultimate definition of a free lunch; if life after death meant my consciousness would still be around when mankind works out how get out there & explore I might believe; as it is I can but hope do some reading of Ursula Le Guin's novels of the Ekumen of Hain, especially what having NearAsFastAsLight ships means to the families of those who volunteer to go to the Up-&-Out
  5. Artillery shells, even from howitzers, do NOT follow trajectories that bring them down vertically from above as bombs do... Yet, in books printed during/just after the First World War (ie. originally published ~100 years ago, so no Photoshop etc) the shell craters on the battlefields of the Western Front are all circular, as is explained above...
  6. In a state of dynamic (Hoyle Steady-State Universe Hypothesis) or static (Paint-Dry Hypothesis) equilibrium..? hopefully the former..
  7. Clocks on GPS satellites need constant adjusting to offset the effects of GR (but ~38^-6s/day, yet sufficient to render position data unreliable within ~2 min, apparently..)
×
×
  • Create New...